GTKY for Friday....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by alb52, Jun 11, 2010.

1. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why?

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold?

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites?

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic!

2. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? i love fish and marine life..any kind - home aquarium, huge aquarium, open ocean.... cats are great too, but there won't ever be one of those in our house! lol.

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? set it and forget it.. usually

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? have trusty faves (running shoes, kick around sneakers, many flip flops, etc.); although i do occasionally go and splurge on those that i may wear only a couple of times....

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! i have one little spot of 4x6s that have either been sent to us and/or i have actually printed. otherwise, not a one! horrible, huh? need to work on this...

3. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? Probably would have to say cats. Just cause they are quiet and cuddly.

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? yes, most of the time I do.

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? I used to buy shoes all the time, now not so much although I do still seem to have more than I need. And I tend to only wear one or two pairs even though I have lots of choices.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! well currently my walls are barren. One of my least favorite parts of moving is hanging the pictures. But yes, most of my framed art consists of either pictures I have taken while traveling or my son.

4. gandcsmama

gandcsmama New Member

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I love dogs, but we will never have one because I dislike responsibility more

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? I leave it in the summer and tinker all day long in the winter.

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? I have five pairs of shoes and two are sandals, one high heel, one pair of running shoes, and one general sneaker. I HATE shoe shopping.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! I have one family photo and my DDs kindergarten photo hanging on the wall. I have a phobia about hanging things that comes from years of apartment living.

5. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? i love dogs especially staffies as we have one and there so good with children

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? i switch it on and off as i get hot/cold

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? no im a weirdo shoes do nothing for me!!

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! nope no photos on my walls at all how bad,i have one of the boys on a window sill but thats it

6. abbysmommy

abbysmommy Cracks herself up!

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why?

Sharks! They fascinate me. I've been scuba diving over 10 years, and I've only had the fortune of seeming them in there element a few times, but I was mesmorized!

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold?

Usually, I forget about it.

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites?

Like Kristy, I *HATE* shoe shopping. I am so picky, and I only want black or brown with no embellishments. So hard to find these days! I have the few I wear for work, and that's about it. The exception is flip flops. I love flip flops... and, the funkier the better! :)

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic!

I just remarried about 5 months ago, and currently, his walls are typical "bachelor pad" walls. I am in the process of spiffying things up and hope to have at least one wall dedicated to our kids' pics.

7. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? cat. love their personalities.

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? tinker. i can't afford to keep it at 68 all the time. that's my sleeping temp.

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? i do love shoes but i can't afford a closet full so i have a few trusty favorites (LOVE the new wedges!)

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! here it is. not much but my dd is so photogenic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? my leo, because he's the best dog. ever. (sorry, julie!)

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? i don't tinker. DH tinkers enough for both of us. LOL

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? shoe addict

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! several spots but it's super dark and stormy here today. i was going to share a pic i already have but it looks so blurry...ugh i'll take some later!

9. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? dog lover here too

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? set it and forget it

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? a bit of both

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! We had one near the front hallway of our home, but we took them down when we had our house up for sale and haven't put them back up

10. renee82

renee82 renee82

Probably a dog. I love that they truly do become parts of the family. I hate that they shed which is why I don't actually have one...

I tinker.

OH YES! I LURVE shoes! I love anything with a bit of a heel, can't wear stilettos though. I'll probably injure myself in them. I ususally wear some sort of flats because they're easier to run after my little kiddoes. But I lovea great heel... mmmmm.....

All over the place! I actually have tonnes of photos. I'm the type of person who prefers my own photos over actual art pieces... I have to run but I'll post some pics later. :)

11. 1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I love baby animals, pretty much all of them LOL unless its a rodent or snake or something gross

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? I tinker...
    3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? I love shoes but I don't have too many, my husband would disagree. I mostly collect flip flops because in the summer I live in them. I bought my first pair of heel ones and they are so pretty but they hurt my toes when i walk :(

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! We have some, but they badly need to be updated!

12. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? Hmmm. I suppose a Golden Retriever just cause I have such fond memories of our puppy head.

Yes. So not a tinker. When I was a kid we were forbidden to touch it, so as a grown up I forget about it.

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? No Not a shoe lover. Love my trusty slip ons.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic![/QUOTE] We have one. And it's from like 5 years ago. It doesn't even have Rosie. And my DH hung it up like 3 months ago. So sad!

13. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I'm not a pet person, at all, never allowed to have them growing up and it's stuck with me I guess. BUT, I love gorillas, I wanted to be a primatologist until I found out I would have to go to vet school, LOL. So then I thought about Anthropologist, but never did do it. I love to go to the zoo and could stay and watch them the whole time, but it makes me sad they are in the zoo. I'd LOVE to go help at a preserve in Africa when my kids are grown. Kinda a dream of mine.

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? I set it and forget it.

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? i love the idea of shoes, but basically just wear flip flops, a comfy pair of semi-dressy work shoes, my tennies, and crocs.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! nope not a lot of pics, they are usually on top of various pieces of furniture, the walls are mostly art work by my hubby.

14. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I love dogs, I hate the hair. So, we don't have one. :)

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? I mess. :) Sometimes that 1 degree makes all the difference!!

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? I love shoes, but, rarely get to buy them. I have probably 8 pairs that I rotate through, depending on the season.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! Yep. :) We have 2 groupings in the living room, a few in our room, and some in the kids' rooms, and I'm in the process of deciding what to get from a photo shoot Bryn did for us in April.

15. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

oh for fun!!!!

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? Penny, our sweet Brittany Spaniel!

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? Usually just tinker with it when we get hot or cold. We are lucky enough we live in a place we don't have to touch it much!

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? Trusty Few! I wear the same pair of Reef flip flops as much as I can and throw on sneakers when it is raining or too cold for flip flops! :)

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! I WISH I COULD!!! Things are still in boxes!!!! WE have family pictures all over the place! WE adore them!!! :)

16. my3hens

my3hens Is only good for one thing....

You know I would have said something generic like a cat or dog a year a go but I can honestly say hens now LOL! I dont know its kind of become this weird thing with me. I like the cutesy cartoon variety though. Not so much the realistic kind. I know I am weird. Especially because I am generally not a bird person. (They scare me a little for whatever reason!)

Def tinker. Our energy bill is kinda disgusting in the winter cause we have electric heat. We have a thermostat in every room of our hosue though which is dangerous with my kids LOL They like to tinker too and sometimes we will forget the heat is on in one particular room.

I am SOOO into shoes lately. Wasn't always but now my closet is starting to really fill up. I am especially into flats and wedges!

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! Okay totally embarresed. No :( I need to get on it. I am NEVER in our photos and my kids hate group pictures so its like pulling teeth. Its a big goal of mine though. I know shame on me miss photographer and not one decent family photo no my walls!

17. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I love artcic animals, polar bears and penguins are my favorite. I have no idea why though.

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? No thermostats here, we have perfect weather all year round :giggle

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? I buy a lot of shoes, but I only wear a few trusty favorites.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! I have a few, but I have a picture frame shelf that we need to put up on the wall.

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? - monkeys... they're very interesting to watch, the way they interact and move and such. i don't know, i might just be weird?

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? - we set it and forget it or just leave the windows open and go natural. :)

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? - ADORE shoes... ADDICTED really. I don't have nearly as many as I used to have. Having a 1-income family kind of cramps my style :giggle

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! - We have one 3-frame group of pics - one of our whole family, one of hubby and me, and one of the 3 kiddos.

19. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I have a thing for bats - mother natures pest control!
    2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? I forget about it...

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? not so much now used to be... still have my favorites though
    4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! We have a family wall in our hallway and I have photos of Moo everywhere...

20. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

1. what is your favorite animal (doesn't have to be of the pet variety necessarily) and why? I have always loved elephants. I love their kind of strong majesty and they have a very interesting family/herd kind of structure with strong and wise older females.

2. do you set your thermostat in your abode and forget it? or do you tinker when you get hot and/or cold? mostly set it and forget it

3. are you a shoe lover? is your closet overflowing with shoes or do you have a few trusty favorites? I like shoes, but don't have loads. Mostly I stick with my basics.

4. do you have family photos (layouts count) on your walls at home? lots, a few in one spot or none? share a pic! I can't believe it, but no. We have a few on shelves and on furniture pieces but we don't have any on the walls. I need to do something about that.