What's your favorite | pad patter 2.25.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 25, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]
    Yep, it's that time of the year again and we just got our annual delivery of cookies from our niece.

What's your favorite girl scout cookie?
    [​IMG]

My favorite are the Samoas or Caramel deLights as they're called in some places!
    [​IMG]
    I absolutely love the caramel, chocolate, toasted coconut combo. There's nothing better... YUM, YUM, YUM!

My hubby likes the Tagalongs, Trefoils and Thin Mints and my kids like the Samoas too, so we have to get multiple boxes of those.

And even though I don't eat Thin Mints, this made me giggle. :giggle

[​IMG]

You're welcome... have a great day and enjoy those girl scout cookies!

umyesh likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Definitely Samoas. My DH is a cookie monster so he loves them all. It's hard for him to pass a sale table without buying a box of cookies. :giggle:giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

When DD was in Girl Scouts we used to buy tons (I was even a cookie mom the last couple of years), but we have only gotten maybe half a dozen boxes in the 4 years since she stopped. Thin Mints were family favorites for everyone, and DH and I also liked Tagalongs (the kids don't do peanut butter).

I also liked the lemon cookies, but they vary dramatically from area to area. Just in our metro area there are two different bakeries. Ours did "Savannah Smiles", which was a powdered sugar dusted crisp cookie, while the Fort Worth bakery did "Lemonades", which I never had, but it was a lemon iced shortbread. The Lemonade fans were very passionate about them, and would be very disappointed when they found out we didn't have them at our booths. :p

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Samoa's for me, tagalongs for the hubby & my daughter loves the thin mints (she keeps them in the fridge so they are nice & cold!) Mmmmmm

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You know, after 10+ years of selling cookies, I am rather over them. That said, we bought 10 boxes this year. Different areas of the USA have different bakers and a different selection of cookies. Our S'more cookie is a graham cracker cookie, thin layer of marshmallow, and the whole thing dipped in chocolate. I alternate between liking and not liking them. They are rather waxy.

I have gotten so I don't care for processed cookies (or most processed food), but that being said, I would vote for the Thanks-a-Lots - large shortbread cookie with a thin layer of chocolate on one side. This is the last year our council is selling them.

My daughter has used the shortbread cookies to make her own Peanut Butter patties and they are so much better.
    --- dip bottom half of cookie in chocolate - flip & freeze - dap of PB on plain side - freeze - dip PB side in chocolate - freeze -- eat...

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think my favorites are the ones with the coconut and chocolate. I can't remember what they are called. Lol. I guess that'll tell you how long it's been since I've purchased any.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. keepscrappin

My hubby is a cookie monster too. He always buys a bunch from our niece under the "we're supporting her" guise, but he loves really just wants to eat the cookies. :giggle

8. keepscrappin

I've heard the cookies vary by area but I didn't realize the recipes did as well. Thank goodness my samoas taste like I remembered them.

KimJ likes this.
  9. keepscrappin

putting them in the fridge... that's a great idea!

amien1 likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

making them into peanut butter patties sounds yummy... i may wish you didn't tell me about this. :giggle

BevG likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

Sounds like you like the Samoas or Caramel DeLights like I do.

Karen likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

He's always real sneaky when he comes in with his cookies. He's like - "well, the little girls were so cute". :lol:lol

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Thin mints are my fave without a doubt!

I shared with Courtney in another thread that Dollar General has a Clover Valley house brand of them that are pretty darn close to the GS cookies. You know, for when it's not cookie selling season or you don't want to pay that much. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

None of them, really. While I sold them as a Girl Scout, what I ate were my Nana's cookies. I almost never buy store bought cookies and if I really need one, I'll make shortbread or chocolate chips. I guess that means more cookies for the rest of you!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Thin Mints straight out of the freezer :)
    And like Cheryl said, the Dollar General brand is really good!!

16. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I love frozen Thin Mints, I also love Samoas. This year I only ordered Samoas b/c last year I ordered two boxes of Thin Mints each for me and my housemates (DD and her three kids) and clearly labeled each box. One or more of my housemates ate their boxes, then ate mine. Gah!

Since none of them like Samoas that's all I'm buying this year ... they can buy their own cookies, lol!!! Mean Memaw.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. keepscrappin

:pffft:lmao:yourock

18. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Samoas are my first favorite, then Tagalongs and Thin Mints tie for second.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Thin Mints...straight from the freezer.

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  20. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Frozen Thin Mints, but I can't eat them anymore being gluten intolerant. I haven't tried, but the general consensus is that the GF GS cookies aren't very tasty. I have discovered a GF Thin Mint equivalent by Goodie Girl that's available year-round and sold in individual serving pkgs. at Starbucks!

keepscrappin likes this.