Socks or No? | Pad Patter 2.22.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenevang, Feb 23, 2020.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This made me giggle, LOL.

[​IMG]
    LOLOLOL.

WOW... I have never heard of this magic soap stuff. And I can't for the life of me find a physiologic reason for it. So weird! But awesome that is works for you!

Cherylndesigns, bellbird and cfile like this.
  2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

NO! No socks to bed. I prefer to be barefoot most of the time. I actually dislike shoes and socks. They are the first things to go when I get home. The only time I really wear socks is if I have sneakers on.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

no socks for me! I’m barefoot most of the time, even in the winter. I only wear socks if the shoes I’m wearing need them and take them off as soon as I can. Sometimes I do end up with cold feet at night when I go to bed, but I just snuggle them up against hubby’s legs and he warms them up for me. He’s a keeper for sure! :wub

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

hmmm... I want to try this.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Nope! Not in Florida!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I wonder if it is the lye or something in the soap. I don't know why.. it seems to be an old home remedy and if you google it many have done the soap trick and it works. I sometimes put soap in the bed at a hotel as if I do not have it I get terrible leg cramps so for me it works. I know it is odd, and I didn't believe it 10 years ago when my Dad's friend told me to to that, but I have not had leg cramps since, so I am not going to question it. My friend the cashier, her Dr thought it odd too, but was glad she didn't have to use meds for it anymore :)

7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

If my feet are hot, I'm boiling over. I wear socks during the day if it's cold, but I rarely if ever keep them on in bed. I kick them off.

8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

At home, I live in socks all the time. At work, I don't usually wear them because of shoe style. Sometimes, I style my outfit around shoes I can wear to work. Yeah, I like socks.

9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

My feet are always cold, so I wear socks to bed all year long too. Last night my feet were hot, so I didn't wear them and my husband even said, what no socks?! I am a creature of habit.

10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

This is me, although 99% of the time once the bed warms up I pull the socks off b/c my feet get claustrophobic. :)

michelepixels likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

In the winter I wear socks all the time. In the summer not so much.

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Through the year except in Summer. Summer time NO SOCKS!

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I am going to try it, but I don't hold out much hope. I have Restless Legs Syndrome, as did my mom and both my sisters do. I've fought it since I was in high school. It totally drives me crazy! I finally gave up and went on medication - fortunately, I only take one pill in the evening, but one of my sisters has to take them all day - hers are WAY worse than mine.
    I am going to try it, but I don't hold out much hope. I have Restless Legs Syndrome, as did my mom and both my sisters do. I've fought it since I was in high school. It totally drives me crazy! I finally gave up and went on medication - fortunately, I only take one pill in the evening, but one of my sisters has to take them all day - hers are WAY worse than mine.

14. Cherylndesigns

You must not keep your house as cold as we do. :lol:lol

djp332 likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Okay - since you are all having so much fun with my "yoga toe" thing - here's what I REALLY do. I didn't want to get technical in the beginning, but in my defense, I cut the whole sock off and just leave the toe part. Here's a doctored up picture of what my "socks" really look like. And, I normally kick them off about 5 AM. :lol:lol:lol:lol

yoga toes.jpg

KimJ likes this.
  16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I always have socks on my feet, and I always sleep in them. Both of my kids prefer to be barefoot in the house (we are a "take your shoes off at the door" house), and I often find my son's balled up dirty socks in random places.

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Only if I'm so cold that I can't sleep. Otherwise, no.

18. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I used to wear shorts and no socks but when I lost alot of weight and had a thyroidectomy, now I'm always cold. The winter months are a little unbearable for me. I wear fuzzy socks year round in the house and to bed. I also wear pants and socks/shoes all year round. I can't even do sandals anymore because my feet get so cold.

My nurse practitioner recommended the soap in bed idea. I did try it but not sure it even helped. I didn't notice any difference and don't have a soap anymore. I found that so long as I stay hydrated and keep my calcium and magnesium levels up, I don't have leg cramps. However, I'm dealing with spinal issues too so some mornings, my calf muscles will cramp up but once I sit up and relax my back, the cramp stops. Somewhere a nerve is being pressed on which, I think, causes the cramp.

Ok, long answer to the sock question lol