LOD 2020- February 24- Kim Jensen Designs

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by Justagirl, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Welcome to Day 11 of our LOVE OUR DESIGNERS 2020 Event!!!

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favourite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

LOVE Our Designers - February 24
    Kim Jensen Is Our Daily Crush!

Enjoy these fabulous savings on the products in
    Kim’s designer shop - today only!

[​IMG]
    Also for today, Kim would like to offer you a whopping 30% OFF the new coordinating CONFECTION AFFECTION ALPHA PACK or the CONFECTION AFFECTION BUNDLE before they are officially released in the coming days!
    [​IMG]
    ARE YOU A KIM JENSEN NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBER?
    If you haven’t already signed up for Kim’s Newsletter ya better get to it by clicking here as you’ll also get this brand spanking new fabulous Freebie!
    [​IMG]
    WANT MORE AWESOME KIM JENSEN GOODIES?
    For your chance to win 1 of 2 $10 coupons simply post a new page you’ve created using Kim’s product in this thread. Everyone will have until noon EST on Thursday the 27th of February to share their pages here, and she will post/PM the winners by 3pm EST that day! So get scrapping with Kim’s goodies for your chance to win!

To connect with Kim check out her socials below…
    Website/Blog ::: Facebook ::: Designer Shop ::: Newsletter ::: TLP Username @KimJ

[​IMG]

If you want to learn more about the uber talented Kim Jensen,
    I’ve shared a Q & A below and I know you’ll love her even more!

Getting to know Kim some more…

Q: So we can get to know you a bit better, tell us a bit about yourself and how you got into scrapbook designing?
    Let’s see… I grew up in the Midwest but have lived in the Dallas, Texas area ever since I landed my first “real” job after college. (I worked on telecom switching equipment for Ericsson for 11 years.) My husband, Mark, and I met at a fraternity party and have been married 28 years. We have two amazing kiddos, Matthew and Kaylee, who aren’t so “kiddo” anymore. Matthew just turned 21, is in college studying to be a video game developer, and works at a movie theater as an usher/bartender. Kaylee is 17, is a senior in high school, is into theatre, and is still figuring out what she wants to do after graduation.

I sort of evolved into designing. We got our first digital camera when Matthew was a baby. In 2002 I began creating fun web pages to share the photos of him and his little sister with family and friends. A year later someone pointed me to a digital scrapbooking site and I was hooked! I later joined another community site, applied to be on their team (so I could play with all of the beautiful sponsor kits), and started designing kit pieces for the collaborations they gave away to their members. They opened a sister store and I begin selling there in 2006. TLP became my new design home in February 2012. The time has flown by!

Q: What inspires you in your creative process? Do you have a method or does it evolve in a more organic way?
    “Process” and “method” might be a stretch when applied to my designing. LOL I most often start with a color palette and just start playing. I see what theme or “feel” speaks to me and go from there. I usually start with papers and then work back and forth between papers and elements as particular motifs start to pop in. I adore designing alphas, but those usually come last unless I have a specific idea ahead of time that I want to try.

Q: What is your favourite scrapbook kit or product you’ve created and why?
    Eek, the dreaded “favorite” question! It’s like choosing a favorite child! There is something special to me about almost everything I have created. I will say that I surprised myself by using my By the Numbers packs from the January BYOC for three pages during the portion of MOC I managed to complete; normally after spending so many hours working on a kit, I need a break from looking at it before I want to play with it more.
    [​IMG]

Q: What is your favourite scrapbook page or art/craft project you’ve created and why?

Ha ha. Ditto to the first part of my favorite product answer! As much as I love just playing with pretty product and fun techniques, I think my favorite pages overall are the ones that capture parts of my kids’ personalities and/or their relationship. This spread I did for the MOC QR code challenge is the most recent one I have that does that, with the added bonus of the videos that give a more complete picture.
    [​IMG]
    Q: Is there anyone in the TLP community that inspires you and why?
    Wow! There’s no way I could name names, because there are so very many here who inspire, from the beauty and creativity in the gallery to the helpfulness and sharing in the forum to all of the yumminess in the shop. The members, Pollywogs, designers, admin, and my own creative team all are such a vital part of my experience at TLP. I love the way everyone brings their own talents and viewpoints to the table to come together and create a truly inspiring quintessential community. (And I know that sounds like a beauty pageant contestant answer, but that’s really how I feel!)

Here are some pages I made using Kim’s product. I love her new February BYOC goodies CONFECTION AFFECTION ELEMENTS & PAPERS are so much fun, perfect for those of you that are a sweet tooth or excellent for those loved up pages or party pages that need some sweet attention!
    For all the other product links click on the images to be redirected.
    [​IMG]
    Kim has such a fun style. Her collections are perfect for mixing and matching which makes all her products incredibly versatile. Kim’s bold bright colour palettes and huge collection of fabulous Alpha’s each unique from the next make them a stand out for me. I find myself returning to her kits and packs again and again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now it's your turn...
    Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow
    beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!

So today scrap a page using (mostly) Kim Jensen Designs. Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product. Post in Kim’s gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Have fun!
    Em and Kim​

Karen and cfile like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Used the Confection Affection Bundle
    [​IMG]

Justagirl and KimJ like this.
  3. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Bold colours are not really in my comfort zone, but always admire those who use them. Gave it a go and had fun!
    [​IMG]

Justagirl, AJK, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Ditto for me with the bold colors and the yellow but this is fabulous.. Liam is so so cute!!!

5. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

6. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

7. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

Used the Confection Affection Bundle
    [​IMG]

8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Good morning, party people!!!! So excited for all of the wonderfulness! Off to a great start already! :dancebun

Today's newsletter went out a few minutes ago! If you haven't signed up yet, there will also be a link to past newsletters in your welcome email that will let you see today's and grab that freebie!
    :byay

I've got morning chaos to deal with for the next hour or so and then I look forward to settling in here! :yahoo

9. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Got it @KimJ Thank you so much for the fabulous freebie! My spot. I'll be back. Here is mine
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the freebie @KimJ

KimJ likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the freebie Kim! You're one of my favorites! It seems like I use something of yours on about every other page. I love your bright colors!

KimJ likes this.
  12. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I saw my first daffodils today. Had to celebrate it!
    [​IMG]

13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I had to tell this funny story from our recent trip!
    [​IMG]

Justagirl, Lisa B and KimJ like this.
  14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love Kim's designs so much! Here's my newest page using the new alphas and bundle:
    [​IMG]

15. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'm so enjoying working my way through the gallery! Y'all inspire me time and again with all the creative ways you put things together and scrap those memories! What an awesome way to start my week! Thank you! :wub

Justagirl, marijke and Lisa B like this.
  16. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

17. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Love working with her products!
    [​IMG]

18. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

love Kim's mashup words and find that I use them a lot. Also really like her bright colors.

19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thank you for the freebie! I was able to incorporate it into my layout. :heartlub

[​IMG]

20. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

What first brought Kim to my attention was all the wonderful bead alphas and the accessories to go with them. Then I discovered her cacti in the Garden Variety kit (I love Arizona, so NEED cacti and palms!). Love the date tag newsletter freebie too...a go-to for any date needs forever! Thank you!
    [​IMG]
    Credits: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/tennisbracelet.425779/