*WINNER ANNOUNCED** Monthly Muse Challenge - Feb 2020 - WEEK 4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Feb 24, 2020.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

header-for-muse-feb-2020-FULL-RES-600.jpg

As you can see by the challenge header above, our topic to muse upon this month is centered around TREES. Trees are such an integral and important part of the world around us so I wanted to explore how they intertwine with our lives in so many different ways.

WEEK 4 - TREE LIFE LESSONS
    Nature has a way of teaching us about life, and trees in particular have a spiritual presence all of their own. Some of you have already touched on this during the last three weeks of our challenges, but I really wanted to focus on this aspect for this week's challenge.

What sort of lessons have you/could you learn from a tree? Is it patience, like planting a seed and then waiting for it to grow? Perhaps learning how to stand tall and unafraid in the face of a raging storm? Or the resilience to withstand the many stormy battles that we encounter throughout our lives?

This week's challenge is scrap about one of the life lessons that you could learn from a tree. You can scrap about anything you like HOWEVER, you need to include one of the quotes (or a part of) from the Inspiration Board below. :) (Hey, it IS a challenge after all! :giggle)

Inspiration Board:
    INSPIRATION-BOARD-FOR-WK-4-1000-JPG.jpg
    Images for the Inspiration Board are from Pinterest and this is the link to the board where the images are located HERE

Here is my page: I used a tree photo that my son took a few years ago of a lovely old Jacaranda tree that they had growing in the backyard, always wanted to use this photo so this challenge was the perfect excuse! The photo of the lady is a stock photo from Pixabay. I used some Topaz Textures on two of the tree photos and then blended them together, then I blended the face into the branches. I only added a few bits and pieces from the M3 Aug '17 kit, and used a paper by Little Butterfly Wings to overlay over the top of everything. I used the quote, second from the right in the bottom right hand corner of the Inspiration Board.

12X12-STOCK---STILLNESS-800.jpg
    Credit: Please see layout in gallery for all the products I used.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly okay or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! Main thing to remember is that you need to use one of the quotes from the Inspiration Board above (or just a part of one). :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to February 29, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Just wanted to say thank you for putting up with me for three months in a row! LOL! Hopefully you have had some fun and I will see you again later in the year! xxx :)

ajm likes this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thanks Ona for this challenge!

[​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  4. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge! Love the quotes!

[​IMG]

5. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

6. wombat146

Fabulous additions while I was asleep ladies!! :fairydance:beat

7. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Wonderful month of inspiration. Here is my ATC for the final week:
    [​IMG]

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I agree with all these ladies - fabulous month of muse
    [​IMG]

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've been gone all day and I'm blown away by all of this beauty! Ona, thanks for hosting - you're always fabulous! I'll be back with my page.

10. Cherylndesigns

I lugged my big heavy Buddha outside today and posed him at the base of two trees. Thanks for the wonderful challenge.

[​IMG]

11. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Ona, I'm sorry that my photo is similar to yours, at least the perspective of it... I didn't notice it until I selected my photo and began my page.

And thank you for being our host for the last three months!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

[​IMG]

RJMJ likes this.
  12. wombat146

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments! xxxx

@Cherylndesigns LOL! Cheryl, you are so dedicated, carrying that Buddha out to photograph it! :) Beautiful scene btw!

@mcurtt awww, don't be sorry, that's a great photo and just perfect for your page!

Cherylndesigns and mcurtt like this.
  13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

WOW!...Talk About Cutting It Close To The Deadline...I Have Been So Busy This Month...Between Scrapping & Life...I Have Been Lagging Getting All The Challenges Done Before The End Of The Month...I Started This Layout A Few Days Ago...But Couldn't Get Back To It...It Started Out As One Thing & Morphed Into Something Different...The Theme & Quote The Same...Just A Very Different Vision From The Beginning To The End Result...I Worked On This Layout Off & One For 3 Day Actually...Before I Was Happy With It...Before I Felt It Was Expressing & Saying Exactly How I Felt About The Quote That I Chose To Use..."Bend Before You Break"...That Quote Spoke Volumes To Me...That Seems Like My Mantra In Life These Days...I'm Always Having To Do Some Form Of "Bending"...So I Don't Break...Whether It Is In My Personal Life...But Mostly In Regards To My Health...2020 Has Been A Difficult Time So Far...So Many Bad Things Happening...Too Many To Count...It Just Seems Like There Is Just One Problem After Another...If I Believed In Bad Luck...I Would Say I'm Cursed...Thankfully!...I Don't Believe In Bad Luck...I Keep Hoping For The Best...But I Sure Could Use Some Good Luck!...Just In Case Anyone Is Handing Some Out...Ha! Ha! Ha!...

I Think My Layout Is Pretty Much Self-Explanatory...I Think Visually You Will Understand What I Mean Once You See It...There Is So Much Hidden Meaning/Analogies/Metaphors In This Layout...The Bending Of The Trees...The Metaphor Relating To "Bending" In Life...As Opposed To Breaking...I Know Something About This Very Subject...I Have Had Many Life Lessons Regarding The Difficulty & Trial & Tribulations In Life...But Ultimately In The End...I Choose Happiness...My Anxiety/Depression...My Chronic Pain...All Lead Me To Dark Places Sometimes...Hence All The Black That Represents Struggle & Pain...But There Is Also Light In There...Whatever Happiness I Can Get Out Of A Day...I Will Reach Out...Take It & Hold On To It Tightly!...Some Days Happiness Is Fleeting & Yes!...The Struggle Is Sooo! Real!!!...

I Just Want To Take The Time & Say Thank You! So Very Much For This Monthly Muse...It Helped Me A Lot...To Deal With Life Issues & Express My Love Of Trees & Nature! As It Relates To Weather & Life!...I Created 5 Layouts That I Feel Very Strongly About...& I Stretched My Creativity In A New Direction...It Was Both Liberating & Educational All At The Same Time!...The MM Is My Favorite Thing To Do Every Month!...A Special Shout Out To @wombat146 ...For Hosting! & Coming Up With This Wonderful Concept For The Month!...Thanks! So Much!!!

*For My Bend Don't Break Layout-I Used:

*Pocket Art:Signature Kit 2-Rachel Jefferies
    *Pocket Art:Signature Kit 3-Rachel Jefferies
    *A Second Chance-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  14. wombat146

wow! stunning page! love that this month's muse was able to inspire you to make five layouts, all of which were amazing btw! sorry to hear that the year has not started out too well for you but I am glad that you find joy and wonder in each day with such a positive outlook! hang in there and keep scrapping! xx

15. Cherylndesigns

I knew you would get a kick out of this, Ona. When I saw that one of the quotes was the tinybuddha.com I knew I'd have to carry mine outside and photograph him. :lol:lol:lol

wombat146 likes this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Thank you for the challenge. I used to teach about trees-especially trees in Scripture. This was fun to do!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. wombat146

Lovely additions girls! xx I will draw a winner shortly. :)

18. wombat146

Feb Muse Winner has been announced ---> HERE

Thanks to everyone that joined me during February!! :grouphug