Sunglasses | Pad Patter 2.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 23, 2020.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Very good advice and something I take to heart as eyesight is a very precious thing.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I agree. I NEVER leave the house without mine now. Even when I walk the dog, I wear them. We have to cherish our eyesight.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I know very little about sunglasses. I don't like putting on much (don't wear make-up, rarely wear jewelry) and usually the sun visor is sufficient, fortunately. I've probably owned fewer than 5 pair of sunglasses in my entire life. Right now I have a plastic freebie pair of sunglasses in my glovebox I picked up at a fair or something years ago and I've worn them about twice. Last time I bought sunglasses may have been in the 1990's. :giggle

I'm really disliking that I will probably need to get glasses in the near future because my eyes are getting old and not as perfect as they used to be. :thumbsdowns I may get the most lightweight I can.

4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I too have some prescription sunglasses that I love! Thankfully my eye doc has a lot of really good brands & I tried on a lot settling with my Smith's. I love that they dont slip down my nose while I'm walking or doing fun stuff outside!

I have the same visor problems too being only 5 3"! In hubby's car- the visors are extra tiny... ugh!

5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

With wearing glasses all the time I have clip on sunglasses - not very fashionable!

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

5'8" and also have the light problem, it's so bright and depending on the time the sun can be really low in the sky. i wear mine all. the. time. I have polaroids with a script in them so they work during cloudy rainy weather too.
    Love them, can't be outside without them.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My current sunglasses are my first ever pair of prescription sunglasses that I ordered from Zenni online and I love them. They are purple and fun!

I used to always just buy cheap sunglasses at Target, but one year about 6 or 7 years ago we had a bunch of extra money in our flex spending account that was going to get wasted, so I went to my eye doctor and asked if I could use it on sunglasses and they said i could, so I bought a pair of $300 Chanel sunglasses. They were the best sunglasses I've ever had in my entire life and I had them for YEARS. Then I set them down while I was helping set up our church garage sale and I forgot them there. {SOB} It makes me sick to think they probably got sold for a dollar or two. Every time I see an old picture of me in those sunglasses I want to cry.

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I have blue eyes so sunglasses are a must! I really only buy cheap sunglasses though because I'm not very good about keeping them safe. I throw them in my purse without putting them in a case or anything. I drop them all the time. They are typically all scratched up. Maybe if I had a nice pair I would take care of them better but who knows.

I also feel like I can't buy sunglasses that are too rounded. I don't like them to touch my eyelashes. I also can't buy super large sunglasses because they make my face look like I have big, ole bug eyes. Weird, I know. :giggle

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Both my plastic and wire glasses are shades of purple. I went from plain glasses to what I called "sassy glasses" back in 2011. Have been that way ever since.

My sunglasses... have pink arms on them and the frame for the eyeglass is what I would describe "animal print". Think of the pattern in the Warby eyeglasses commercial. Definitely not plain and very different than my normal glasses!

Karen likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm a short girl too and have the visor problem. I don't have any nice expensive sunglasses because I'm too cheap and have lost too many pairs to justify more expensive ones. I hear ya on make sure they can go on my head and not get caught in my hair. I used to hook them on the neck of my shirt when I went into a building, but I lost a really nice pair of my hubby's sunglasses that way in Target once and so I like to keep them on my head. Unfortunately by the time I realized I didn't have the glasses on me anymore, they were gone. I'm sure someone picked them up and kept them. We checked the whole store and went back a few times too to see if they got turned into the lost and found. My hubby is a sunglasses snob and has to have the best. He has two pairs and he is the only one allowed to wear them. My girls have tons of sunglasses so we all share them. Aspen is the one who usually collects them and Megan and I wear hers, especially since she's not around to stop us. :giggle

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I love fun sunglasses so I never spend much money on them (see also purses, earrings, shoes) -- no more than $20 or $25 a pair. They last as long as you'd think they would... and then I buy some more! I'm sensitive to light so I wear them more often than not when I'm driving even if it's not a particularly sunny day.

12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Right now mine are prescription ones (RayBan's). I've been too tired/lazy to wear my contact lenses so I don't have a good set of regular sunglasses. Mine have a 40's vintage vibe to them and I love them!

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Sunglasses are always near me. I have light blue eyes, so I neeeeeeeeedddd them! I buy the same ones every time at Kohls. They look good, not too expensive and I can get them readily. I will dread when they are discontinued. I have had the same ones for pry 8 years, just keep buying new ones when too scratched or misplaced.

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I did not know sunglasses were so important...especially for us blue-eyed gals. During the winter I rarely wear them...guess it just doesn't seem as sunny. LOL! It's usually around the sprint time I shop for a super cheap pair that will last me through the spring/summer/fall. I'm afraid to buy an expensive pair since I would probably lose them or scratch them.

15. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I have a pair of prescription progressive sunglasses that I swap out with my regular eyeglasses all the time. I keep them in a case in my purse, so I always have them with me. I almost always wear sunglasses when driving and when out and about. My eyes are light too (hazel) and very light sensitive.