LOD 2020 - February 19 - Sara Gleason

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by HeatherB, Feb 19, 2020.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Welcome to Day 6 of our LOVE Our Designers 2020 Event!!!

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

LOVE Our Designers - February 19
    Sara Gleason Is Our Daily Crush!

[​IMG]

And Sara just might pop into this thread a couple times today (Wednesday) for a little something extra. :)

Do you want to know more about Sara Gleason? Check her out here:
    Website/Blog ::: Instagram ::: Facebook ::: Pinterest
    Designer Shop ::: Newsletter ::: @scarletsierra

Also! for newsletter subscribers, you can snag this freebie before it hits the store on Friday. It is a chance to peek at what's to come (yay!) and to get a fabulous exclusive free download. But it will only be available as a free download today, on Sara's feature day, Wednesday, February 19th.

[​IMG]

Note that the NL with the freebie will be sent out late on Wednesday morning to give everyone time to sign up who wants to before sending.

Click here to sign up for Sara's newsletter!

Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!

When I think of Sara Gleason, I am immediately drawn to her story-centric designs. Her products help me as a memory keeper to document the stories of our lives. Her Story Seeds collections provide a "Story Toolbox" filled with prompts, inspiration, and storytelling tools along with a collection of story elements and papers. Her Arboretum line of products provide both bare templates and assembled pages along with a large group of elements for customizing! And her contributions to the Memory Pockets Monthly collections are simply amazing! Add to that her classic and timeless page templates that help you scrap your stories quickly and with much style!

I had an opportunity to get to know Sara a little better with an interview.

=============
    How long have you been designing?
    My design journey began ten years ago and has roots in my own scrapbooking.

When did you join the Lilypad as a designer?
    I joined the design team here at The Pad in the Autumn of 2010.

How would you describe your design style?
    I love story-centric designs, ones rooted in words, tone and mood, and in moments and details. I feel like my art and style is classic and versatile with a splash of quirky.

Where do you get your ideas for what to design?
    From conversations and experiences, from music and lyric, from color and nature, from my faith, from my daughters' clothing and art, popular culture and history, and from my compass for my own personal memory keeping (what stories do I want to preserve?). It probably sounds enormously cliche to say "from everywhere and all the things" but I do fine inspiration all around me.

What are your most favourite products that you designed?
    I'll always have a special place in my heart for my hand-crafted Petals products and I love love my various Pocket Maps, but my more kit centric favorites are probably my Oh the Places You'll Go collection and the Story Seeds: Artifacts collection.

Can you describe your design space at home?
    I have a wonderful space in my finished basement but I don't have a photo. All my crafty products and my desk live there.

Do you scrap, too?
    I do. Though not nearly as often as I once did. I have many hundreds of photographs and stories in my "to be scrapped" folder. It is my hope to continue to carve out time for my memory keeping because it is the foundation for my design creativity but also an enormously important facet of my life.

What is your favourite page that you've made (with your products)?
    This is probably one of my most favorites though not because it's my most favorite product (it was my very first and now retired), but it is an impactful one, telling the story of my daughter's first day of school: A lesson to remember.

In general, I think my favorite pages are those that really capture the personal and family history of my loved ones. I have many made with the beautiful designs of my fellow designers here at TLP. I love this page about my grandparents: legacy of kindness. And this one about my Dad : the Neil. I also love pages that capture the details of moments big and small. And photo less pages like this one: soundtrack of our love or latitude and longitude.
    =============

Here's a double page using Sara's Arboretum: Create and Create Papers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This page uses Sara's Beech Tree, Borders v.1, and DSD 2019 Grab Bag (with Crystal Livesay):

[​IMG]

And this page uses a bunch of Sara's goodies - Gather Papers, Self Portrait, A Daring Adventure (with Amber LaBau), Petals No. 4, The When (Daters), Story Seeds No. 1, along with Big Photo Templates 3 by Scrapping with Liz:

[​IMG]

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Sara Gleason
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in Sara's gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, Sara may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    zinzilah, bellbird and JenEm like this.
  2. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

OK! I'll be back!

HeatherB likes this.
  3. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

oh yah, going to check my stash! Ok @HeatherB here is what I came up with
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    JenEm and HeatherB like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

playing with Sara Gleason's fun designs. Sara's templates were the very first I ever used, and I am addicted to them. They are indeed the seeds to the best stories to be told; yours!
    Started with an oldie but goodie template from the Month of Challenges 2013! back when her designing name was Zinnias and Swallowtails (Z&S)
    [​IMG]
    Artifact by Sara Gleason
    [​IMG]
    Then & Now | Kit
    [​IMG]

JenEm, Lisa B, Sara and 1 other person like this.
  5. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

This is kind of bright and bold for Sara, but it was fun to make with her fortis kit.
    [​IMG]

JenEm, Sara and HeatherB like this.
  6. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

7. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Oh my - just had fun in the store. I've never tried the Storyteller series - I'm going to experiment when i get home later. Such fun!!!! Thank you, Sara!!

HeatherB and Sara like this.
  8. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

JenEm, HeatherB, Sara and 1 other person like this.
  9. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I love that Sara is about telling stories. I had fun with a mini-story in creating this layout. The papers reminded me of old kitchen/bathroom floors and gave a bit of the vintage feel that this story called for.

[​IMG]

JenEm, Lisa B, HeatherB and 1 other person like this.
  10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Used: Artifact
    [​IMG]

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for hosting, Heather.

[​IMG]

JenEm, HeatherB and Sara like this.
  13. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Happy Wednesday, friends!

I'm so happy to be featured today and love what you've been sharing! :beat

I'll be sending the newsletter free download here in a moment, so be on the lookout for the Fidelis {cards}. Yay! They will be part of the Fidelis collection releasing soon. The collection is inspired by the things that anchor us, the things that we find Hope in, the beautiful bits of life we are faithful to. If you happen to sign up for the newsletter, but *after* the mail has been sent. Never fear! You can simply look at your welcome email and follow the links to the last sent newsletter.

I'll also pop in to this thread a time or two with a couple fun other bits of something to share! Hope you're all having a wonderful day! :beat

umyesh, wvsandy, zinzilah and 7 others like this.
  14. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

15. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

16. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the freebie!
    I used Coconut tree for my layout.
    [​IMG]

JenEm, Sara and HeatherB like this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Bit of an emo therapy page today!
    [​IMG]

JenEm, HeatherB, Sara and 1 other person like this.
  18. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks for the freebie journal cards, Sara!

Here's my contribution:
    [​IMG]

JenEm, SharLamb, HeatherB and 2 others like this.
  19. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Love her templates!
    [​IMG]

20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Everyone...Another Day...Another Designer...I Wish I Could Say That I Had More Products By Sara...But Sadly I Don't...So I Had To Use A Lot Of Stuff From Different Places To Complete My Layout...Other Than 3 Pieces In My Layout [The Face/The Heart Paint/The Star Paint]...Everything Else Is Sara's...So Eventhough...You May Not Associate Sara's Pieces With Mixed Media/Art Journaling...That's Exactly What I Did!...That's Me...Always Doing Something Different...

Ever Have One Of Those Days???...It Starts Off Kinda O.K....Gets Kinda Bad...Continues To Be Bad...Perhaps Gets Even Worse?...Well...That's What I'm Scrapping About Here...Nothing Seems To Go Right?...No Matter How Hard You Try?...It Seems Like The Harder You Try The Worse It Gets?...Yeah!...Today Is Wednesday Right?...Yep!...But Ultimately...If You Have A Bad Day..And You Can't Shake It...Remember There Is Always Tomorrow To Start Fresh & Try Again...Sometimes That's All You Can Do Is Just Muddle Through The Yuck! [I Call It]...Hope For A Better Day Tomorrow...Move On...One Step At A Time...One Day At A Time...

*For My Just Feel It Layout-I Used:Many Kits:

*All The Feels/Daily Story/Of Wishes,Hopes & Dreams/Bright Side/All About Me/All About You/Captivating Fall/Friendlier-Sara Gleason
    *All The Feels-Tangie(2)
    *Bright Side-Rachel Jefferies(1)

[​IMG]