Sleeping in... | pad patter 2.18.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 18, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love to sleep in and do it any chance I get. My hubby, however, can't sleep in! He just automatically wakes up. I tell him to just go back to sleep, but he can't. He lays there for a bit and then gets up because he says he doesn't want to waste away the day. Me, I don't sleep well most nights so any chance I can get to sleep, I take it!

[​IMG]

How about you, can you sleep in if you get a chance?

A-M likes this.
  2. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll sleep in for as long as my body will handle it. If my back starts aching, it's time to get up. If I'm getting a headache, it's time to get up. But I know I can't sleep in longer than 9am.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have purposely trained my children to go down in the basement to play on Saturday mornings so I can sleep in. :giggle

They're only allowed to play video games/be on the computer on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday (and school holidays) so they're only too happy to squirrel themselves away in the basement where those things live while I get some extra sleep. My son will eventually come upstairs to hang out/play/hug me but my daughter has to be told to come upstairs for air. :giggle:giggle:giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Couldn’t have said it better - I often joke I’m only a morning person if I’m being paid or going away!

I love sleep, now whether it’s quality sleep is another matter between having sleep apnea (that i’m very naughty about treating mind you) and hot humid summer weather that isn’t very conducive to sleep it’s not always possible

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Nope, I'm a morning bird. Once I wake up even the slightest, it's very unlikely I will fall back asleep. I'm usually eager to get up and start a new day too. The downside is that sometimes I'm no fun late in the evening, especially for movie-watching. I've fallen asleep trying to watch movies many times!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've always been able to sleep in. I had a hard time getting moving in the morning and at home, I would get revved up to do things in late evening then would have to quit to go to bed so I could get up in the morning for work. I did oversleep and was late to work several times at my last job. The best jobs I had were on 2nd shift. But now that I'm retired... whole different story. I still have days that I sleep in usually if I stay up really late. But quite often I'm awake early and like others if my body is hurting, I have to get up.

My mom even made an entry in my baby book about how I wanted to play in my crib when I was 6 months old at 11:00 at night! I was a night owl even back then.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm a night owl like my dad, so I stay up too late and love to sleep in. I got a new mattress last winter and now I love sleeping in even more ... so comfy, so cozy, ahhhhhhhh.

That said, I can no longer sleep in like I did as a teen.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I do like my home days when I do not need to set the alarm to wake me. But then my body does not sleep in much as it is so used to waking at around the 6 or 6.30. Occasionally I will be able to sleep in until 7 like today it was 10 to 7 so I call that a sleep in. I cannot stay in bed once I am awake unless I was sick which is rare.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I absolutely can sleep in, but I wake up constantly.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love to sleep in and not have to set an alarm.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

There needs to be more days that start with S, it stands for sleep-in in my house too

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Man I wish I could sleep in. Even on the weekends I am awake by 5am. My body just won't do it. :(

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I can totally sleep in and love to when I get the chance!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@keepscrappin - that's me- I'm the one who gets up. "Sleeping in" is around 8:00. lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I used to be able to sleep in...way back when lol, but not for years. I am up weekdays at 5 and sleep no later than 7 on weekends. I'm a lot like your husband in that I kind of feel like I'm wasting the day if I lay there too long. Morning is my most productive time of the day! I am a total morning person, no matter how late I stay up at night (that's what afternoon naps are for haha).

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love to stay up late and sleep in if my schedule permits. Often during fall break, Christmas break, spring break, summer break, I will allow myself a certain period of time to go off schedule and just enjoy having a break from routine.

Having said that, during the school year, my normal wakeup time is 8 am and I don't leave the house to take Daniel to school until between 8:45 and 9:00 am. On the weekends, I will sleep to 10 am or noon, depending upon if I've stayed up late the night before. I try to keep it within reason so that I'm not too off schedule.

Unfortunately, I spent a few years sleeping in our recliner because of my back, and my sleep schedule really suffered. If I did fall asleep, there was always someone walking through early in the morning or while I was napping, etc. I got used to sleeping in bits here and there. Now that we have our split king adjustable bed (Did you hear the angels singing when you read that? You should - this bed is amazing), I try to be in bed by 11 pm so that if I wake up at 8 am, that's a nice 9 hours of sleep. I can actually do that now with this bed on most nights. There are still nights when I'm miserable and I just don't sleep. Like last night.

I don't care if someone wants to wake up at 5 am or whatever, but Jay's aunt is a stickler about being up at 3:30, 4:00, 5:00, and looks down on late risers, especially us when we sleep in during the summer. I told her I didn't care when she slept and when she was awake, and asked why was she so concerned about our sleeping habits that she had to convert us to her way of doing things. Yeah. Don't like that. LOL I get more done with my physical limitations and sleep schedule than she does, so whatever.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I feel fortunate if I can sleep until 5 a.m. I average 5-6 hours of sleep a night. I am usually wide awake and sitting in my recliner in the dark, by myself, sipping my tea.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I have a theory (based mostly on my extended family, so maybe we're just weird!) that most people either sleep-in or nap--most people I know don't do both. I like to sleep in, and DH likes to nap.

I'm a night owl who doesn't need much sleep, but I'm forced by the middle school/high school schedule to get up early. :( Monday through Friday I'm up at 6, so I try to make myself go to sleep between 12 and 1. I love to sleep in on weekends, but on an average weekend day I only get to sleep until 8 because Ben is such an early bird. By 8 he's been amusing himself in his room for 3 hours, so I feel bad making him do it later. He's 13 so he doesn't mind hanging out by himself in the morning, but he needs to stay in his room because letting a kid with Smith-Magenis Syndrome have the unsupervised run of the house for 3 hours could go very, very wrong! On the rare occasion that I don't need to get up for Ben, I usually stay up extra late and can easily sleep until 10.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

Love, love, love to sleep and sleep in. I don't get the chance often, but when I do, I'm a happy camper!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Um.... see my tagline. :giggle

<<<<<

However after getting up early and being at work at 6:30 for the last 10 years my stupid body has adjusted and thinks that I should wake up at 6 or 7 on the weekends now too. Blah! Sometimes I can go back to sleep, but not always anymore. It's SOOO weird. I used to be a professional sleeper-inner!

keepscrappin likes this.