Sad to be MIA

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cinna, Feb 18, 2020.

1. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Hi peeps!
    Last week I got some pain in my back/hip which I've had before and tried to cure it with exercises and regular painkillers. Then on Sunday morning BAM! The pain from h..l hit me and I couldn't walk,sit or lie down without excruciating pain.
    So today I finally saw the doctor and he thinks I've got sciatica . I got some really strong painkillers - one with morphine effect - and on Thursday I'm gonna talk to a physiotherapist to get more help. Hopefully I will at least get some sleep tonight. Last night the pain was so bad that I got about a total 1,5h sleep..

I miss hanging out here, taking part in the chatter and the challenges! As for now I can't even sit on a chair for more than five minutes - then the pain gets too hard...
    I really hope to be back SOON! ❤️

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Carina, I am sorry to read your are suffering with Sciatica. I hope you have a good physiotherapist as that is how my husband dealt with his sciatica. He could not sleep at night either.... we hired a wheelie walker and he would walk around the house at night. I had to sleep in another room as he would try to sleep in the bed when the painkiller kicked in and then BAM! the pain would come back and he would be up walking around again. His physiotherapist was great and after only two treatments the pain was easing. He still now after years has to be careful and wears a support belt when he does certain lifting with his woodwork.
    So I know what you are going through and hope to read soon that you are back to normal.

cinna likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh girl! You are talking to the self-professed queen of back pain. Seriously, my back is a hot mess of herniated disks, bulging disks, severe degenerative disk disease, arthritis, stenosis . . . I had a spinal cord stimulator put in after going through tons of PT, meds, injections, etc. Please take care of yourself and I pray that the physiotherapist is able to ease your symptoms and get you back to your regular life! Being sleep deprived on top of being in that kind of pain is the worst kind of miserable. Sending you (gentle) HUGS!

cinna likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

SO sorry to hear this! Back pain is terrible! Like everybody else, hopefully, you'll get a good physiotherapist and you will get some relief. :heartlub:heartlub

cinna likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

NO FUN... hope you can get the relief you need soon and get back to scrappin and hanging here with us!

cinna likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So sorry to read this cinna! It is a real pain in the a**, & back & leg - like lightning & then major aching & I hope it improves to the point you can manage it with stretches, walks & those spiky massage balls b/c I know it sucks especially when you want to scrap but just can't - sending sympathy & hope:sorry

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    cinna likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Oh Carina, speedy recovery.. I hate sciatica.. I have it too and while it is no longer the excruciating pain it once was, it still gives me an inconvenience. I ice every morning :( Feel better and speedy recovery.

cinna likes this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I feel for you- I don't understand what your pain is like, but I know how my Mom suffered. Sent a prayer for you!

cinna likes this.
  9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I feel for you having gone through that years ago. I’m glad you have a pain management program. Take care and hopefully the pain will go away sooner rather than later. Take care.

cinna likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh dear, just aching for you! I pray they find something to help you! you will be missed, but I believe you will be back sooner!

cinna likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh man!! Do I know what that pain is like! Bless your heart! The year my daughter turned a year old and just started really getting around it hit me. I had only two semi-comfortable positions...either sitting straight up and down like at statue or laying completely flat on my back. I would have to roll myself out of the bed on to my hands and knees in the morning. Take care of yourself and I hope that you are able to find some relief really soon!!!

cinna likes this.
  12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

That sounds terrible! I hope the therapist you were referred to is able to help you find some relief from the pain quickly.

cinna likes this.
  13. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm cringing with you. I was in a wheelchair for a month because of it, caused by a herniated disk. Fortunately, injections every 4-6 months and Lyrica have been amazing for me. If my magic wand wasn't broken I'd wave it and take your pain away! You are in my thoughts and prayers

cinna likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ugh, so sorry! I have terrible back pain, but manageable, so I really feel for you! I hope that you find relief and a remedy that works for you! We will miss you!

cinna likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Take it easy and look after yourself. Be gracious to you.
    We will cheer you on from the sidelines and welcome you back when you're fit and able again.

cinna likes this.
  16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh man...I'm so sorry! When I was pregnant with my daughter she was lying on a sciatic nerve and it was so painful. It would take me a 1/2 hour to roll out of bed. I went to the chiropractor a few times a week just for a little bit of relief. I hope you get some relief quickly!

cinna likes this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ouch! I had a tiny bit of sciata when I was pregnant the first time. My GIANT belly was pulling things all out of whack! I sure how the PT helps and you can get rid of it altogether. It's the worst when you just can't get comfortable and then if you're sleep deprived on top of that, it's hard to even function!

cinna likes this.
  18. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Take care of yourself, and I hope you can feel better soon. I remember having those pains shoot up my back and down my leg (usually just the left leg). I'm not sure what happened, but I don't get the pain any more.

cinna likes this.
  19. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

So sorry to hear you are in pain. Thinking of you and hope you get it sorted, and feel better soon :beat

cinna likes this.
  20. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thank you so much each and everyone of you for your warm and caring words, thoughts and prayers! They really means a lot to me:bk
    I am taking one day at a time and really hope things will improve asap.
    Take care everyone :glomp

bellbird likes this.