LOD 2020 - February 18 - Pink Reptile Designs aka Mirjam

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 18, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer!
    Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before.
    Just get scrapping!
    ** title to be cut & copy
    LOD 2020 - February 18 - Pink Reptile Designs aka Mirjam

Today is Mirjam of Pink Reptile Designs
    [​IMG]
    Connect with Pink Reptile Designs!
    newsletter blogfacebook
    TLP username: @mirjam

0218-prd.jpg prd_2020-2-2_20-51-42.jpeg
    Subscribe NOW for the FREE kit!
    A Bit About: Pink Reptile Designs aka our Mirjam
    I have always been very creative, even as a child I would make crochet cup and saucers for my dolls (something my grandmother taught me), I drew, painted, knitted, etcetera.
    I started paper scrapping in 2004 whilst trying to come to terms with the death of our first dog Kenzo and fell head over heels in love with this hobby because it gave me the opportunity to put all my creative quirks into it. I’ve put handmade knitted items on layouts, I machine stitched, hand stitched and painted on layouts, you name it and I probably did it.
    In March 2009 I officially turned digital and although I still have an urge to feel paper or fabric from time to time I have to say I very much enjoy this clutter free variation of scrapping. It brought me a whole new field of techniques to discover and I have learned so much since!
    In October 2009 the team from Zig Zag Scrap gave me the opportunity to even further broaden my creative horizon, this time as a designer and I discovered that I love to create kits! Then sadly Zig Zag Scrap closed in October 2012. I found out that when doors close new ones open. Another dream came true when I found a new home at the Lilypad and I found myself working side by side designers that I had admired since my early digiscrapping days in 2009.
    My personal life is a lot less exciting I’m afraid! Haha! I live in a medium size town in the Netherlands with my bff Gurt [we’re together since 1999. Besides being a designer I have a part time job at a foundation that takes care of elderly people. Together with a colleague we take care of the volunteers that help in our homes from recruitment to placement and everything else.
    FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC, ART AND FOOD
    I don’t really have a favorite genre of music, art or food. I am someone that likes to try out new stuff my love for music goes from jazz to progressive metal, folk, blues, hip hop to Billie Eilish [not sure what genre that is…LOL].
    Also in art I love all different kind of styles but one that I am always very interested in is handmade art and street art.
    As for food I am also always trying out new things. I don’t like eating the same stuff over and over again. Hubby is A LOT less adventurous when it comes to what he eats so I try to not to go too crazy but I can safely say that I try something new at least every other week.
    FAVORITE PAGE I SCRAPPED
    I am going to sound like a broken record but I also don’t really have a favorite pages. I loved doing the MOC again and if I HAVE to pick some than here’s a few of my fav’s from the MOC that I made:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!
    Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Pink REptile Designs and meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in PRD's gallery and share your page in this thread (below).
    ~~~~Wait~~~~
    Here is a way cool freebie from Pink Reptile Designs just
    for reading my rather wordy LOVE our Designers Post!

click HERE or on image for link!
    prd_lo10 (1).jpg

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when!
    And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

grrfluudy, bellbird, meterr and 2 others like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

Mirjam is the reason I am here at the Lily Pad, she came as a guest, and I wrote and asked if I could come back to being on her team. I had been off scrapping for a few years. She said yes, and the first MOC began. I think I used everybit of PRD for the first few weeks!
    My main problem is how all her designs can be mixed and matched so well:
    Here is a page with
    -authentic-chatter box-cleaning bug-every day of the week-
    -happy days-its a zoo-schools cool-scraparazzi-tape it-
    -under the weather-what a wonderful day-
    [​IMG]
    Now, I am gonna be following this thread close, along with Mirjam, and we have coupons to be handing out! So, play, create and post your pages here!

frutselke, bellbird, Electra and 2 others like this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@mirjam Now I know we have something in common! This is actually a lifetime staple for me. I love adventure and new things- and definitely trying new foods. I usually love them, too. With the exception of octopus. Not a fan of octopus, lol! Great to get to know you and thanks for the sample!

Lisa B and mirjam like this.
  4. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I love Pink Reptile Designs and Mirjam is so sweet!
    Thank you for offering a wonderful freebie!

Here's my page using Younicorn
    [​IMG]

mirjam likes this.
  5. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Mirjam is so so sweet! I love her products, too. I'll be back with my page!

mirjam and AnneofAlamo like this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

can't wait to see it! I am scrapping along with you! ♥

redplaid3 and mirjam like this.
  7. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

@AnneofAlamo I am soooo excited she is showcased today. Last night right before I was shutting down my computer I saw the email and was so happy to see the freebie. Now there is another one here!!!! Can't wait to come back with my layout. so @AnneofAlamo here is my layout with a mash up of Mirjam's kits
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    mirjam likes this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

I love your excitement!!! tee hee, you are gonna love the freebies!!

Trish and mirjam like this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I soooo want to take advantage of her sale but I better be good.

mirjam likes this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I have SO MANY of PRD Kits - this should be easy peasy!! She's one of my favorites! Back with a page in a bit!

Here we go!

[​IMG]

Credits:
    I used:
    "Reflections" - pink flower, gold fabric flower
    "Time Flies" - foliage, paper strip, butterfly, white flower, finger point, circle stamp
    "One of a Kind" - heart paint
    "More than You Know" paint, texture paint, dotted paint
    "Wild Child" Papers - background paper

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Lisa B, mirjam, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  11. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I used Mirjam's free newsletter kit (OMG!!!) and the freebie listed above. :-) Thank you!!!

[​IMG]

Lisa B, mirjam, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for the generous freebies. I used the word art from today's newsletter.

[​IMG]

mirjam, wvsandy and AnneofAlamo like this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I think that I own everything that @mirjam has created. Her templates are always fun!
    [​IMG]

Mrivas, Lisa B and mirjam like this.
  15. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

16. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Hi everyone! I see you got the party started with amazingly beautiful layouts! I can't begin to tell how much I love seeing your pages with my creations. All the different styles, page designs, topics and stories, you guys never stop amazing me with your creativity!
    Many a time I have drawn inspiration from your pages for one of my own layouts of for a new kit!

I am happy you like the sale and the freebies. Enjoy!!

:bk

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I used Mirjam's free newsletter kit and a floral from the LOD freebie

[​IMG]

Lisa B and mirjam like this.
  19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

GReat page!!!! @AnneofAlamo - I subscribed but didn't get a link to this kit? Thanks!!

mirjam likes this.
  20. AnneofAlamo

hey my friend @mirjam ? it may be going out in the newsletter this evening, Amanda, I am not sure?

mirjam and AJK like this.