Purses | 2.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 16, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I was just complaining in the store checkout that I can't find anything in this purse I am carrying right now. I am NOT a big purse type of person and usually as long as I can fit a couple of cards, my checkbook, and my phone in it, it's big enough for me. And if I can get away with not carrying one at all, I don't. My daughter gave me this one for my birthday because I loved the look of it, but just like every other time I've tried to carry a big one, I'm regretting it. They always get full of junk and papers and receipts, and I have to dig for every little thing I need. :hairpol When my kids were little, a bigger one was kind of handy for throwing stuff in, but not so much any more. I'm probably going to be switching it out tonight (shhh don't tell DD :giggle)

What about you? Big purse or little?

KarenB likes this.
  2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I've been known to use both but, yes, a big purse is just too much of a 'catch all' for crap. LOL!
    Right now I'm using a smaller backpack purse. I love that I can't keep too much inside of it.

KarenB and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I wouldn't even carry one if I didn't have to. I love the purses with the side opening that has all of the slots for my credit cards, etc. and they're SO hard to find. I have a bunch of purses but I hardly ever carry any of them because they require me to carry a wallet, which is an additional thing to "fool with". I have a black leather Fossil purse that I paid a LOT for but I've had it for so long and it was worth every penny I paid for it. I always "fall back" on that!

4. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I carry a Kavu bag almost all the time. On nicer occasions, I do have a few more traditional purses that I use. But for every day, it’s my Kavu bag. My phone fits in the front zipper pouch perfectly and honestly that is one of my favorite features.

Though, if my husband and I go out, I often just stick my phone in my pants or jacket pocket and leave my bag at home.

5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Small. I have this Vera Bradley crossbody bag in probably 6 different patterns. I love that it has a built-in wallet area. It's just the right size and doesn't get too heavy.
    Screen-Shot-2020-02-16-at-7.08.08-PM.jpg

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

BIG.... the other day I pulled a pair of shoes out of mine and people were laughing so hard.

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hmm. I have to have a purse because DS needs his EpiPens. I like a cross-body bag because it keeps my hands free, but I keep the bag itself rather small. The one I currently use has one main, zippered, compartment. Then there is a zipper pocket that's half the size of the main compartment. I keep my son's epipens and my own medication in that smaller compartment. There is a third compartment that is half the size of the "medicine" pocket. That's where I keep my keys. Gotta have those zippered up lol!

8. IntenseMagic

I've been looking at a couple of smaller backpack purses. I think I'd really like to have something like that.

Yes, if I'm going to carry a bigger one, I need to have a side opening so that I'm not always digging!

I really like the Kavu bags! I leave my purse at home fairly often as well.

I really like that!! I love a crossbody and the lighter the better. Regular purses really hurt my shoulder.

:compcoffee

I am cross-body fan as well! I like having hands free and not having to pull up straps. I'm also a fan of compartments!

Tree City likes this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Small one always with a strap long enough to do cross body. Right now I have a rather flat one in purple. I love them, but you have to put things in a certain way or they don't fit.

10. Dalis

@IntenseMagic Should I mention that I forgot they were there! LOL!!!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

I did have a flat cross body and I'm really missing it! I might have to find a new one like it!

12. IntenseMagic

:giggle That's even better!! Oh my gosh!! That must be one big purse :compcoffee

Dalis likes this.
  13. Dalis

IT is HUGE and I couldn't figure out why it was so heavy. Every time I was going to check why it was so heavy my attention would be grabbed by something shiny. LOL!!!

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My favorite purses are Coach. I got the first one as a gift. It's magenta, and it's the perfect size. I wore it for two years straight without changing it out and it looks as good today as it did when I got it. I loved it so much that I searched online and purchased the same purse in black. This is not my photo by the way - like anyone cares - but if you want to see what it looks like today, I can snap a pic of it in the daylight tomorrow.

m_5d35e50dffc2d481188a566c.jpg

Now that's not to say that I don't have other purses. I have a cross body Brighton purse that I love to use when thrifting or going to estate sales. It's light and easy to wear. I have four other Coach bags, a Brighton black and brown leather, two Betsey Johnson bags, and a Michael Kors.

And no matter what purse I use, I use an organizer on the inside (except for the cross body). I have the organizers in the small and medium sizes. I can just pull out the organizer and pop it in the other purse very easily.

purseorganizer.JPG

I need to get an additional one of these, but I love this purse organizer for keeping dust off my purses (if they don't have a dust cover):

31pd8E8GayL.jpg

IntenseMagic, KarenB and jenn mccabe like this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Medium for me. I always needed to carry more stuff than I could fit in a small purse and large purses overwhelm my short self. For many years, I carried a Longaberger wallet and since it could fit a checkbook in it, I needed something big enough for it.

I also have to have a shoulder strap and I prefer pockets inside the purse. I had a Longaberger purse many years ago that was perfect. I carried it for a long time until the strap broke and the purse was no longer available. I found it at the Homestead back in the early 00's.

My current purse is from Wal-Mart. It has one pocket on the inside but 4 pockets (2 have zippers) on the outside. My LB wallet finally wore out and I found something at a dog show of all places that can double as a wallet. It has 5 pockets to hold stuff. A couple have zippers and the whole thing has a zipper and a hand strap so I can carry just it if I want. It is a bigger than a regular wallet but it holds everything I need... checkbooks, cash, change, and cards of all kinds. This is perfect for the purse I have. I also have enough room in the purse to carry a small camera and my extra pair of glasses. When I go out, the phone goes in one of the outside pockets and it is deep enough that you can't see the phone.

So in other words, I like cheap purses because if they end up not working, I have no problem with not using them.

IntenseMagic and KarenB like this.
  16. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

I like big ones - I feel the need to carry all.the.things. with me "just in case." Not that "in case" ever happens, but it makes me feel better lol.

17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I am an equal opportunity purse whore. Big, medium, small. I love them all!

18. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am a little old fashioned and feel lost if I do not have some sort of handbag(purse) with me. I have a medium sized one for shopping days like this one:
    [​IMG]
    but other days I have a smaller one like one of these
    upload_2020-2-17_15-24-15.jpeg

19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

LOL! I like purses like some women like shoes!! I normally use medium sized, but for certain public places like concerts, zoo, flea markets, antiquing I have a small cross body wallet -ish size. Hubster bough this one for me two years ago:
    s-l640.jpg for our anniversary. I was surprised because it is so big!!
    BUT it is perfect for the theater!!! hahaha!!!! And if we travel, I can put my wtrclr pencils and sketchbook in it along with a drink, phone, and eyeglass case- no problem. @Dalis and yep, shoes would fit too! ha!

20. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

My only purse these days is my phone! I put it in a small case with magnets that hold the purse part closed. It carries my credit card, drivers license, costco card a $20 bill and that's about it. It has a cross-body lanyard with easy on/off thingies, so when I'm home I take the strap off. Since my phone is mostly a camera, I needed a cross body strap so when I'm leaning over bridges, etc., to get a shot, no worries about dropping it in a river. I don't wear make-up. Keep chapstick in my pocket, as well as change and a couple of tissues. If pants don't have pockets, I don't buy them. My only comb is my fingers. If I need to write something down, I dictate it into my phone instead. My phone/purse will not support an extra pair of shoes. LOL