Waiting Rooms....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 11, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What do you do in waiting Rooms?
    I'm at the kids dentist for munchkin. Just hanging in a waiting room with Ratatouille on. Which is an improvement over the adult waiting rooms that always play HGTV and all the fix it shows.

And of course, hanging out here at TLP.

How do you amuse yourself in a waiting room? And why are the chairs horribly uncomfortable?!?!?

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I read a magazine :)

3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I usually play games on my phone. If I have the waiting room to myself, I will look at Instagram. (I don't do earbuds.) And sometimes I will take a nap... although the ones with the uncomfortable chairs make that challenging. ;)

bestcee likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I always have either a regular book or my Kindle with me and I read. I do have a couple games on my Kindle if I don't want to read. I don't use ear buds but I don't use sounds on any games I play. They bug me and make my tinnitus worse.

5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Read Facebook on my phone

bestcee likes this.
  6. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

Usually I bring my Kindle with me or play games on my phone.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I almost always have my Kindle with me. I also have the Kindle App on my phone, so I can still read my current book.

bestcee likes this.
  8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Typically? I read email or look on Pinterest. If I'm feeling productive I'll actually cull through my messages or pins. I know, I live an exciting life.

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

A magazine?!? Do you carry them with you? There were none at the dental office, and come to think of it, I don't think any at the other medical offices I've been to recently. Hmmm.....

10. bestcee

This was not a nap friendly chair at all! It was barely butt friendly.

I never do! I hate sounds on games.

I brought my Kindle, but ended up playing phone games.

This is so me! Like I considered taking real things to do, or checking on school work. But nope! No productivity desire.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. bestcee

I took my Kindle. But one lady was there waiting with her three kids and they were distracting. Normally, I can ignore kids and go into my own space, but not today.

Tracie Stroud likes this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, that would be when games would be the thing to do especially if you are in a small waiting room. I can't play games on my phone, the screen is too small! Kindle to the rescue.

13. cfile

No I read what they have there.. I catch up on the dirt in the “us” magazines!!

14. cfile

Oh and Courtney @bestcee i sit as far away from everyone as I can. I don’t want anyone’s germs.. wether it is Dentist or Dr we sit far away from all and I use the sanitizer wipes on planes at restaurants and at grocery stores on the carts. Since we are retired we are not around a lot of people so we are more susceptible to stuff.. before getting on a plane we load up on ‘Airborne’ that has an overload of vitamin c in it!! Yup I am nutty with that!! Lol

Ferdy likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You definitely should wear gloves or wipe the magazine down. I have watched grown people wipe their noses and then turn the page of a waiting room magazine AND I've seen a man coming out of the restroom with one! **shudder** LOL

Tracie Stroud likes this.
  16. gonewiththewind

I generally take a book or read something on my Kindle app or library app on my phone. I'm often distracted by others, especially if they are loud talkers or just being annoying in general (foot tapping, repetitive coughing, etc., - yes I'm THAT person).

I have a word game or bubble popping game I'll play OR my new fave is a coloring app that I find mindless and relaxing and helps when I'm getting anxious about repetitive noises. Bwahahahaha!

cfile likes this.
  17. cfile

Ewwwwwww yup wipe menus and salt and pepper shakers at restaurants too.. I just make sure I stay clear of my face..

gonewiththewind likes this.
  18. gonewiththewind

I try not to be too germ-phobic . . . we all need SOME germs . . . but sometimes I can't help myself. Ha!

AJK and cfile like this.
  19. cfile

Oh I agree I mean I don’t live in a plastic bubble but the extras we can avoid I do lol

20. cfile

I wheeze more and more now needing inhaler more so if I can avoid being sick I am happier.. I was wheezing earlier and my husband asked me if I was ok as it was a lot!