NBK-Design Easy Peasy Challenge - February

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Danesa, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Danesa

Danesa Well-Known Member

1. Hello, this is Danesa and I’m honored to bring you a Template Challenge that I hope you will love.

Last year we noticed that some of you were having difficulties with some of the challenges because of software limitations. So this year we're doing something different. There will now be something for everyone - every month! We will have 2 challenges running at the same time, for the entire month. Easy Peasy will be for those who just want to do something quick and simple, or don't have more complex software. Advanced will be for those who enjoy a bit more of a challenge and want to expand their skills, and have the necessary software. You can, of course, take part in both challenges each month.
      Also from now on we will be having two lucky winners for each challenge.

February, the Month of Love, usually brings to mind people, especially our significant others, who warm our hearts. In this Template Challenge, we have a small twist. This love-fest is NOT about PEOPLE. Think of something in your life that brings small pleasures, whether you see it, read it, feel it or experience it. Also, feel free to give us some insight into why you love it.

Pick any of NBK-Design’s Templates to showcase your “love”ly design, whether it be her new Easy Peasy Templates or a more complex one.

RULES
      This challenge runs from 1 February to 29 February 2020.
      TWO lucky scrappers will be randomly chosen to win a $5 coupon to the NBK-Design store.
      You must use 100% of NBK-Design products.
      You must use an NBK-Design Template.
      Post your layout in the NBK-Design Gallery and in this forum, and link your layout to the gallery.

Here is my layout, featuring one of the things I love to see and photograph … patina statues.
      I used Easy Peasy Starter 01 Template and Art & Love Collection.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. Oldenmeade

Oldenmeade Well-Known Member

Awesome challenge, Denise - and I love the twist! I'll be back with a page later in the week :)

Danesa likes this.
  3. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Love this twist - my love is wildflowers I look forward each year to the wildflower bloom.
    [​IMG]

Oldenmeade, nollipap and NBK-Design like this.
  4. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

I love that you are having two monthly challenges. This is a great topic also. I love gardens, the peace that can be found in one. Nature knows how to make me happy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  5. TrishD

TrishD Well-Known Member

Not quite Patina but close. I discovered this hidden old graveyard behind The Liverpool Anglican Cathedral during my visit to London and Liverpool. The graveyard dates back to around 1767. Some of the headstones are almost falling over.
    Nbk-Your Day-Magic-Templates02
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Your-Day-Magic-Templates1.html
    [​IMG]

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

nollipap, cfile, Oldenmeade and 4 others like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a great idea to have two different challenges each month!! I'll be back with a page for this one - I've already done the other challenge. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Oldenmeade, Danesa and NBK-Design like this.
  8. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the Easy Peasy Challenge! I want to try the hard one also. I am determined to learn to use Nicole's designs. They are gorgeous!

Road Trip (Template)
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Roadtrip-options.html
    Remembrance
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Remembrance-.html
    Journaling:
    I have always been interested in how people were related to me. I remember going on short trips with my dad to see the Aunts and Uncles.
    In 1980, the summer after I graduated from high school,I was able to take a genealogy workshop. I was hooked! I bought a package of 1000 family groups sheets as well as ancestor charts and several other forms for keeping track of information. I started looking for addresses of distant cousins and dragging my mom 60 miles away to the small town where she was born. She was a somewhat reluctant accomplice! I remember going to the Collingsworth County, TX courthouse that day. She knew her grandmother died there. The wonderful ladies at the courthouse looked through their death index until they found her. My mom had the wrong first name. Now I had in my hand the death certificate for my great-grandmother. I can still remember the thrill of finding that first piece of information. Everyone was so helpful to me. I still get that same thrill now when I find information whether it is for my own family or someone that has come to the library for help. It is my passion and brings me much happiness.

nollipap and Oldenmeade like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I had so much fun with this challenge! I love getting "interesting" and sometimes "challenging" pictures from my granddaughter, Ava! She just sent me this one yesterday. She drove into a tunnel that was covered with graffiti and right in front of where she was standing was a drop-off. She's quite the adventurer and she can't wait to see what I'll do with this one. We have such a wonderful time doing this together. I really experimented because I wanted to echo the graffiti. I used one of the brushes to make the titles "Life" and grunged up some of the elements with some NBK styles.

[​IMG]

flowersgal, nollipap and Oldenmeade like this.
  10. Mary-Lynne

Mary-Lynne Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! I LOVE to travel, especially to places culturally different from where I live. Portugal is one of my favs!
    [​IMG]

nollipap and Oldenmeade like this.
  11. Oldenmeade

Oldenmeade Well-Known Member

One of my loves is street art. There's not much where I live, but I can spend ages looking at it online.
    I made this with the Love Forever collection, which is part of the SOSN specials today.

[​IMG]

nollipap likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Mine.. used the template from the Love Forever Collection (template for week 8)

[​IMG]

Oldenmeade, sharonb and nollipap like this.
  13. nollipap

nollipap Well-Known Member

Oldenmeade likes this.
  14. nollipap

Here is mine - I used SOAW- Template week 37
    [​IMG]

Oldenmeade likes this.
  15. nollipap

great page, i'm a big fan of street art too!

Oldenmeade likes this.
  16. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Oldenmeade likes this.
  17. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

Oldenmeade likes this.
  18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Danesa