February Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2020 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Jan 30, 2020.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Holy moly...congrats on making it through another amazing MOC!!! I am sad to say that I was not able to complete all the incredible and inspiring challenges. But we are now back to our regularly scheduled challenges here at the Pad, and I'm bringing you the photography challenge this month.

This month is the last month of our basketball season for high school up here in Canada - I help coach my daughters on my old high school varsity team and we are in the thick of it. We are heading into some major tournaments, our zones and finally provincials (think state championships) at the end of the month.

And while I do sit on the bench and am engrossed in the games most of the time, I do manage to sneak in some pictures every once in a while.

My challenge to you this month is to take a series of action shots and make a layout featuring them.

Challenge Requirements

1. Because this is a photography challenge the photos must be taken specifically for this challenge.
    2. You must use at least 3 photos in a series (think burst mode!!)
    3. You do NOT have to include journaling

Here is my layout for the challenge:

[​IMG]

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the February Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

I can't wait to see all your action filled pages in the gallery this month!!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I will need to put my thinking cap on for this challenge as we will not be visiting the grandchildren this month which are my main source for action photos.

AJK likes this.
  3. Beth Holmes

Beth Holmes Well-Known Member

I know it won't count, but I may do this challenge with a series of action photos I already have. It's Winter here and not much action is happening in my life!! But my daughter is a dancer and danced all through high school and is in college now. I know that I have at least one great series of shots that will work for this challenge that I have not yet make a layout with. I confess that I don't really understand why the photos have to be taken specifically for the challenge but I respect the rules!

4. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I don't have little ones in my home anymore either, but here are some more ideas for every day action shots . . .

pets:
    dog catching ball
    cat playing with toy

the kitchen:
    coffee making
    sugar pour
    milk into cereal

weather, crafting, cleaning, sunrise/sunset, family member/friend "doing" anything

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  5. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Fun challenge!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Nat, would it be breaking the rules if I had my granddaughter take my series shots today?

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

yikes! I will do another...bahhahha POLLY needs to read instructions! bhhwhaha
    but here are a set of actions I did scrap...but from 2018! bhahhahah
    [​IMG]
    I will be back with 2020 action! ♥

wvsandy and bcnatty like this.
  8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

9. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

10. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

No, as long as they are photos taken recently!!

11. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much! They were taken Sunday. :)

12. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

my spot! @bcnatty here is my series
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  13. Cherylndesigns

Here's my layout. My granddaughter Ava took these pictures for me yesterday. They have had 3 generations of Mourning Doves in a nest outside one of their doors leading to the pool. Yesterday, Ava was blessed to witness these two doves being so happy to be together. If you look closely at the bottom picture, the dove on the left, actually has his eyes closed. There will be some new eggs soon.

[​IMG]

bjc, wvsandy, flowersgal and 3 others like this.
  14. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

flowersgal and bcnatty like this.
  15. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you for the wonderful challenge!
    Unfortunately, my photos are all shaky and bad, because Anton moves in his hanging chair with what feels like 1000 movements per second - but there are many actions in a row and fit so well for these challenge. He is a very agile little 6 year old .....
    [​IMG]

jesskab, wvsandy, jenn mccabe and 2 others like this.
  16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Same here - regarding source. Been 6 months so fresh photos are um, not. No cat, no dog, nothing happening in this small town.:nope Sports on hold due to flu outbreak!:duh
    Trying to think of something, yet, with just finishing MOC, I really would rather do some pages that will go into a book. I do the AJ pages "just for fun" or challenges. :thinkHmmmm.

17. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

bcnatty likes this.
  18. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So, we were s'posed to see the littles this past Tuesday but the flu came to visit them. :sickie:duh I thought using the Lemon kit would be great to tell about what I did instead of the visit. My Mom posted the recipe on Facebook, and I had to try it! :perfect
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and Lisa B like this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I find puzzles b o r i n g but thank goodness these two enjoy them! There did seem to be a good bit of competitiveness coming out when I watched them near the end!
    [​IMG]