Super Bowl | Pad Patter 2.2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 2, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Who's watching tonight?
    This meme cracks me up...
    [​IMG]
    I love football, so I'll be watching for sure! My team didn't make it, so I'm not really invested in either team, but I'm hoping it will be a good game. And of course, I love the commercials. I'm also in a Super Bowl pool, so I'm hoping to win a little money :giggle. But I've been playing for like 30 years and never won anything so I'm not counting on it! I think my daughter-in-law and the two girls are coming over to have snacks and watch with us.

Anyone else watching? Hosting a party? Planning any yummy snacks??
    ETA: I always know what number Super Bowl it is because it's exactly the same as my age :giggle

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

None of the above. The Patriots or the Eagles would be the only reason I would consider watching. lol

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I might actually watch it because of that big blue area. I don't regularly watch NFL football these days. Got disgusted with it a few years ago but I have been a long time Seahawk fan even though I've never been to Seattle! So I had hoped they could make the run this year.

Also because I'm a Seahawk fan, I have a distaste for the 49'ers so I'm hoping for the Chiefs to pull it out.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Im currently sitting on hockey bleachers... in whitefish Montana- so we will probably be driving home... might catch the last half but not really rooting for either team!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I, for one, hate Tom Brady so very happy they are not there. But also not watching...

HavaDrPepper and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I don't plan to watch. I might have if the Packers had made it. Count me in that large group happy that the Patriots aren't in it! DH will be watching; I'll be scrapping and/or reading.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

The Eagles are my team :) I would love to be watching them!!

That big blue area is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to watching this year lol. I'm leaning toward the Chiefs as well.

Good luck with the hockey tournament!! Safe travels home!!

Tom Brady - same, girl.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Yep, I think that meme is pretty accurate lol. I'd probably be scrapping while watching if we didn't have company coming. My BFF is a Packers fan. Once my team was out, I was pulling for them.

bonnenuit likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I didn't even know who was playing - that's how much I don't care. :rofl

AJK and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Ditto. My reason for hating him goes all the way back to his college days.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

The mens in my house will watch they are Patriots fans
    They sure won't miss that event, though here in Israel it will be something like 2 in the morning. so for them there will be no sleeping tonight, And the amount of snacks I have in the closet at the moment will sure hold them to the end of the event LOL.... hope to get up too and take some photos of them to scrap with!!! :crazy3

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'll be rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs. I have family there and they are so excited about the game and it's infectious!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I met a bunch of Kansas City fans on my last trip to Boston and they were all so nice, that if I cared, I'd root for the Chiefs. I will walk in and out just to watch a commercial or two as himself usually watches the 1st half, and goes to bed after a glimpse or two of the half time show.

I already love the Hyundai add for the new Sonato that has 'smaht pahk' - which I could sure use!! (you have to get a Boston accent though John Krasinski came from Newton which is a world apart from Southie)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My neighbor is a huge niner fan flags everywhere and even in his car. As for me I’m a niner fan but not obsessed, I'll be having afternoon tea with my daughter and granddaughter.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

Yikes! I'm not sure there's much of anything I'd stay up that late to watch haha I hope they are able to rest tomorrow!!

I really loved the coach, Andy Reid, when he was at Philadelphia, so I am leaning toward the Chiefs as well.

I have tried not to watch any of the commercials that I've seen posted so they will be a surprise. But, I love John Krasinski, so I will look forward to that one!

Afternoon tea sounds lovely. I'm just making a few light snacks.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't even know if anyone in my family knows it's super bowl weekend. I found out last time I went grocery shopping and it was extra busy and when I asked why, someone suggested it was because of the super bowl coming up. None of us are sporty people.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'm with the group that is glad that the Patriot's are not playing.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

19. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

Our family watches the Super Bowl every year. We make an event of it it with snacks and games and stuff. It's just the 5 of us, but it's fun. Our team played in Super Bowl 50 (and won!), but we are football fans and it's football's big day. We're also happy the Pats aren't playing! ;)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

We haven’t got a clue about the rules of this game, but we did watch it all the way over here in Australia, it was aired on day time TV. Love Demi have to say that got the goosebumps going!

Karen, Ferdy and IntenseMagic like this.