tlcd1961's Layouts

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Layouts' started by tlcd1961, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

2. tlcd1961

3. tlcd1961

4. tlcd1961

5. tlcd1961

6. tlcd1961

231 words:

Oh my goodness! I think I look more like my mother every day! I know that I am not pretty, but I do think I look happy. I feel that happy people have their own “pretty” and I am content with that! I don’t wear makeup. I never did and now I find it VERY uncomfortable. I do take a lot of selfies - just not by myself. My favorite selfies are with my grandchildren, and I think they like to take them also. I want them to remember what I looked like and how much I loved them. I hope it shows in those pictures!

I have always loved photographs. From the time I was six, I would search through boxes and drawers to get all of the old photos from my parents. I remember telling my dad that I would take good care of them and I always have. Some of the old photos still have my very childish handwriting on the back telling me who this person is. I am so glad that I did that! After I started working on my genealogy, those limited notes were very helpful!

I hope that my family will continue taking photos long after I am gone. They are such wonderful treasures!

Always remember that Dr. Seuss had one thing right for sure - It’s true. No one is youer than you!

7. tlcd1961

Oh my! I don’t know that I have a clue as to what I did! I don’t even know if it qualifies for the challenge! I was unable to get the effect of the photo actually being painted on. I guess I just don’t understand what I am doing!

I used:
    Gesso Paint strokes #7 behind and around the edges of the photo.
    Paint Strokes #1, 4, & 5 to create masks and then duplicated the photo to clip to each layer.
    I also put layer masks on some of the photo layers and used several of the same paint strokes to hide straight edges.
    Paint stroke #5 in pink to add a few paint strokes on top of the photos and used “Lighter color” blending mode.
    Paint stroke #10 to add a painted edge to the layout.

8. tlcd1961

9. tlcd1961

10. tlcd1961

11. tlcd1961

This is a very difficult memory for me. This was my last birthday with you. I miss you so much that it hurts. It was always hard to get a good picture of you. You almost always had a goofy or unhappy look on your face. Why didn’t I take our picture together this time? I always did before. I did not know that in 14 days you were going to be gone. I remember our conversation like it was yesterday. I thanked you for all that you did for me on my birthday. How nice you made it. You said, “As long as I’m alive...” I knew you meant you would always take care of me. You were always more of a mother to me than a sister. You were 17 when I was born and never had children of your own. I became your child - especially after mom died. I wish I could go back to this day and take our picture together and talk to you one more time. I miss you so much dear Deanna. I wish you were still here.

Deanna and Paul McEndree -- November 3, 2004
    Journaling -- January 31, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.