January 31 - The End

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2020.

1. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

2. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I decided to document the last time I was at my grandparents home before we sold it. :(
    [​IMG]

angels likes this.
  4. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I still have two layouts to finish for MOC, but this my "The End" layout! Now off to finish MOC!!

[​IMG]

rrred68 likes this.
  5. Alexandra M Meffert

Alexandra M Meffert Well-Known Member

6. Skivvy

Skivvy Well-Known Member

Thank you it was an amazing experience. My first MOC completed.

[​IMG]

7. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  8. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I read the challenge before I even rolled out of bed this morning (well, yesterday morning, it's Saturday now). All I could do was laugh, since my life has been nothing but endings and recovering from them for the last six months.

And yet, when I sat down to do this piece my thoughts jammed up like logs in a narrow-mouthed river. I swung between anger, sadness, and something that might have been elation. I took pictures of my ringless hand, took pictures of my other one flipping a bird. I tried to find a song that would work, then tried to narrow it down to one. End of the Day by Beck was the winner, but in the end I just couldn't do it.

Make it meaningful - and I couldn't find a way to express how meaningful it was, or is. Maybe because six months - to the day - later I'm still trying to find a way to wrap my head around the fact that when he walked out the door for the last time only one of us knew it was the last time.

Anyway. It never fails, the further I post after midnight the more I ramble. I hope this is meaningful enough to count, because I just don't have it in me to come up with anything else.

[​IMG]

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you so much for MOC. It has been fun and given me lots of inspiration .Sorry for the super simple page, my computer is once again on the blink, and this is done on Tonys old laptop, with a lousy software program.
    [​IMG]

10. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

11. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge and thanks for this whole month of great challenges that I really enjoyed doing.
    (text is also in my credits, if need be)
    [​IMG]

12. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Well I was up at 5 waiting for this one.. did not arrive till I had to be out the door for my very full day of driving. Had a long nap tonight and then got up to finish this final challenge since My son will be working on my computer for the next couple of days... and I want to spend some quality time with him.... I do not get to see my children very often... 5 years since he has been to Redding. So I have to say, it was with a big breath of relief when I saw the challenge... a total no brainer... this page has been waiting for over a year now to be completed.... I just really did not want to face the hard facts... so thank you for allowing me to complete another page for the 2018 album... almost done now... This man was front and center in my life for 20 years, and I miss him terribly.... So the words are tiny , so here they are so you can actually read them.... just plain and simple facts....

The evening after Thanksgiving was spent with Joe.. dinner, and hot tubbing... a lovely time... The next morning he headed back to Chico to continue DNA testing for family members of people missing in the Camp fire... and I headed back to Redding... Neither of us suspected that less than 2 weeks later on December 4, he would be gone... Taken by a massive heart attack.... we had no idea that this would be our last time together. Death was truly the furthest thing from our minds...

[​IMG]

13. karen Barlow

karen Barlow Member

So many layouts about people losing loved ones. (My sad layout is the 'Selfie' one and I tried hard to end that essay on a positive note). So this one will be one page, of a couple, about our last Christmas in our house, before we moved 2500 km away, which we'd found out two days earler. This was also our last family Christmas, both girls, us and my parents were there to celebrate our traditional Christmas Eve family gathering. Now we are all scattered and havent got together for Christmas the last two years. But I am thinking next year it will be time for a gathering, before buckling down for MOC 9 next January!!
    [​IMG]

14. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

15. Bebimora

Bebimora Active Member

16. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

A bit of an obvious choice but this the most significant ending for me right now. I have really enjoyed pushing myself with MOC and I am sad I've finished. It was hard with the family all on holiday at home for 6 weeks. We've been trying to avoid the internet to concentrate on family time but they went back to school and work on Thursday so now I have plenty of time to myself and freedom to live online again :P
    [​IMG]

17. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you for all the wonderful and interesting challenges♥
    [​IMG]

18. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I have wanted to do this layout for a long time, but just wasn't quite ready. As soon as I read your challenge, I couldn't help but feel like it was a sign to get this completed. Face is photo covered for privacy.

[​IMG]

19. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Great way to finish, thanks for this challenge.
    [​IMG]

angels likes this.
  20. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member