January 31 - The End

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2020.

1. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

3. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

there's a reason this has taken me 3.5 years to scrap. it's a very painful bittersweet memory and the tears came even writing it now - even though we have another Boston that we love and adore there's nothing like the first dog in your family to have that special place in your hearts!
    [​IMG]

5. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

I always love MOC!
    [​IMG]

6. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

7. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

That worked out well for me. I made a page to go with another day's challenge to complete the event. Thank you for the great experience! And the fun challenge!
    [​IMG]

here's the other page so the title makes sense ;)
    [​IMG]

crazsquaw likes this.
  8. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

9. Bellisae

Bellisae Run kids, it's the paparazzi!

thank you all for this incredible month!
    [​IMG]
    journaling says: Neighborhood bully, you would never leave your territory, that you defended, all claws and teeth out against intruders. Covered in scars, we jokingly nicknamed you Scarface.
    Over time, though, you started to go on an adventure, exploring the surroundings even further,
    increasingly longer.
    After a month of absence, you came back, November 3, 2014, for the last time.
    Five years later, we still miss your strong personality, your intelligence, your hugs and
    even your little gifts.
    You are forever in our hearts, Sacha.

angels likes this.
  10. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Such an emotional ending!

[​IMG]

angels likes this.
  12. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

13. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

I LOVE this challenge...and so many pages here made me tear up. I only got 4 pages done this year, which is really sad for me. But I have saved a screenshot for each one, so I may do them later on.

Thanks for everything to ALL OF YOU, MOC is always amazing and I think I have found the theme for this challenge's page- the first and LAST time I don't complete MOC! ♥

Tedasgram (Ruth) likes this.
  14. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I. Am. Done. This layout was cathartic. Healing takes time and this was the first picture I thought of when I thought of ends. Thank you for an amazing month of learning and challenges. I can't wait to do it again next year!
    [​IMG]

angels and Jan like this.
  15. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

thank you Laura and everyone here at tlp for yet another amazing MOC. I can't wait to get this year printed in a photobook and add it to the shelf with previous years.
    [​IMG]

angels likes this.
  16. Tedasgram (Ruth)

Tedasgram (Ruth) Active Member

When I went looking for photos to scrap, I realized just how many lasts there have been over the years. I went with the most recent, as others made me even sadder. Thank you for ALL the marvelous challenges and another successful MOC
    [​IMG]

17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

WOW!...So Many Moving Stories Of Ends!...Some Were Hard To Read...With Loss Freshly On My Mind...My Mom's Birthday Was On January 28th...Every Year I Remember Her Birthday Fondly...She Was My Best Friend & I Miss Her Terrible Each & Every Day...But With That Being Said...I'm Not Gonna Scrap About Her Here At This Time...For Me Right Now Is All About MOC8...This Was The Hardest MOC For Me So Far...This Is My 3rd...I Don't Remember There Being So Many Difficult Challenges...But To Be Fair...There Were...They Were Just A Different Kind Of Difficult...I Stumbled,Staggered,Tripped & Fell Many Times Throughout This MOC8...And I'm Honestly Exhausted...Between My Daily Ongoing Health Concerns & My Anxiety & Exhaustion Issues...January Was A Tough Month...And On Top So Many Bad Things Happened This Month...Soooooo..........Many!!!!...I Was Beginning To Wonder If We're Cursed Or Something...I Can Only Hope It Will Get Better...But Doing The Challenges Kept Me Going & Busy...It Forced Me To Redirect Some Of My "Going On In Real Life" Feelings & Put Them Into Layout Form...& For That I'm Grateful...Creating My Layouts Helped Me Get Out All Those Feelings...& That Was A Healthy Release For Me...So For That I'm Grateful...And I Really Love That I Finished All 31 Challenges Despite All The Upheavals...And Created Some Really Special & Meaningful Layout Pages Too...Thanks! Lilypad & MOC8 For Opening Up My Mind & Teaching Me So Many Things...I Will Scrap About This...

*For My Actual Day#31 Layout...I Decided To Go With A Theme Of 8's...MOC8...8 Layouts...8 Lines Of Reflection In My Journaling...I Chose The 8 Layouts That I Felt Were The Best Representation Of Who I Am & The Real Personal Struggles I Face Everyday & The Ones I Faced While Completing The Challenges Of MOC8...Mixed In With Truth,Honesty,Reflection,Learning & Love...They Pretty Much Sum Up How I Have Felt Through This Whole Crazy MOC8 Process...I Am Very Proud Of Myself For Persevering Right Up Until The End & Completing All 31 Challenges!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Yeah Me!!!!!!!!!...I Considered Dropping Out A Few Times...But That Never "Start Something That You Can't Finish" Montra!!!...Just Wouldn't Let Me Give Up!...And To Be Fair...I Got A Lot Of Encouragement From So Many Amazing People Here At The Lilypad...Without Whom...And You All Know Who You Are!!!!!!!!!!!!...I Wouldn't Have Been Able To Complete A Few Challenges...Or Gave Up Half Way Through...The Comaraderie Or Sisterhood Here At The Lilypad Is My Shelter From The Storms Of Life & My Way Of Coping With Life In General...I Wear My Heart On My Creative Sleeve & It Just Splashes Across My Layout Pages Like A Badge Of Honor...This Wonderful Place Allows Me To Freely Express Those Feelings!...There Couldn't Be Any Better Place Than That For Me!!!!!!!...So Thank You! All My Lilypad Peeps! & All Of The Sisterhood Here Who Have Always Supported Me Now & Through The Years That I Have Been Here...I :heartslub You All Very Much!!!!!!!!

*For My A Final Day Of Reflection Layout-I Used:Feeling Blue-Pink Reptile Designs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  18. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Thank you!!! :heartslub

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    angels likes this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this challenge was very tough..rough year, I almost came to an end at the lily pad due to the real life things happening. I am so glad I did not have to make a goodbye to the Lily Pad, as I love this place, it helps me to keep recording the memories for my children.
    Their lives as adoptive kids (in foster care) have been rough. Watching the decisions and choices they have made and done hurt them and those around them has been almost debilitating at times. Tony and I have taken the brunt of their anger...but how we love them. Time will help them see we are the steady rock in the storms of their lives, and safety and love are here waiting. This photo (actually a full session of photos from a dear friend) is the last time we have all been together...but it will happen again, but with all the grands and spouses! I hold to this so dearly and fervently.
    Laura. Thank you! This was a gentle reminder in my heart and soul, to be grateful and to continue to have faith and believe.
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and Jan like this.
  20. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member