January 31 - The End

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2020.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Congrats, you made it to the very last day... the end of MOC 8!

I am about to get a bit philosophical on you so bear with me. As scrappers, I think much of our orientation is around firsts - first birthday, first day of school, first time driving, and so on. When my oldest daughter was a senior in high school, that idea was really flipped on its head for me. The entire school year was about the LASTS... the last time we would take her picture in front of the house on the first day of school, the last dance, the last time for so many things, big and small. It was THE END of an era of her living at home for our family as well. Believe it or not, she is now a senior in college! She is graduating in May and this final semester has triggered many of the same feelings I had four years ago. As a mother and a memory keeper, I always find these transition times very bittersweet. So often, though, when THE END is happening, we may not be aware. Sometimes, we do not always realize that THE LAST TIME is happening. For example, my youngest daughter always loved to cuddle up in my lap for her bedtime stories. At some point, she became too big to fit but I truly cannot remember the last time it happened, despite being such an important ritual in our lives. So, I want to challenge you to think about THE END or THE LAST TIME, whether it is big event like college graduation or something entirely different, like reflection on a last time that has passed.

I encourage you to dig deep and make a meaningful page for this THE LAST challenge of MOC8! (Of course, one of the best things about TLP is that there's always more to come. We will be kicking off our February Love Our Designers event soon, followed by the big March retiring products sales and before you know it, we will be getting ready for MOC9! Stick with us for all of the fun!)

Guidelines
    - Must use either "End" or "Last Time" in your page title
    - Must have at least 5 sentences of journaling

Remember:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

For the journaling:
    1. Your journaling should be in complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count. You cannot use the same word over and over. You cannot use the same sentence over and over again. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or Julie (mrs2a50) directly to discuss.
    2. Your journaling should be legible and readable. If your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling has been distressed or your font is too small to read, you should post your journaling in your gallery credits. Again, if your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or Julie directly to discuss.

Take a look at the inspiration for this challenge from the team... Wow - so much goodness!

all-about-the-happy.jpg

0F8095F9-4C7F-432F-BE27-40E450F84A57.jpeg

2020-For-the-Love-of-the-Game-copy.jpg

20200129_MOC8_D31_700.jpg

20200131MOC31last.jpg

itstheend-L.jpg

MOC Day 31..jpg

MOC-31---The-End.jpg

the-end-of-an-era-600.jpg

2. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Thank you for this last challenge!!! The month went by soooo fast!

I had a lot of fun with it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This is an inspired challenge Laura. Thank you :beat
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you Laura, and thank you and everyone involved for a wonderful MOC8!! It was fantastic!!
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Thanks to everyone for making this an amazing month of challenges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I edited it to add the title but the edited one isn't showing up for me. Hopefully everyone else can see it or see the thumbnail.

crazsquaw, Happy Mama, Kat and 3 others like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh this is a good one...I don't see a requirement for a photo? (I'm just leaving so I didn't read the instructions thoroughly... I admit!)

Thank you Laura @lmccandless for a thoughtful end to MOC8. It was great!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  7. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

As I was driving to work this morning (literally AS you were posting this) one of my daughter's lasts that is coming up hit me. As she has turned 16 this week that not realizing things are the last time has hit me a lot too - thank you for this challenge, Laura! ❤

bellbird likes this.
  8. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I'm feelin' all the happy and sad feels as I sit at my desk at work looking over these layouts. Trying to not tear up! This is a wonderful way to end this Month of Challenges.

bellbird and gypzywind like this.
  9. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

Thank you, Laura, for this topic. I know what I have to create, the end was last August only.

10. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Pollys for a fabulous MOC! I can't wait for next months LOD. What a great way to kick off 2020! It's been a blast. I will be back when I figure out what to scrap about. @lmccandless Thank you for the challenge and a fabulous MOC
    [​IMG]

bellbird and cfile like this.
  11. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

12. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I only used the kit from R Jefferies called Never Enough Time. I won't get into too much detail but this was a terrible experience for my son, worst coach ever. I've been around hockey long enough to know that normally hockey = family.
    Thank you for this challenge! I can't believe this is the end! moc day 31.jpg

threadjungle likes this.
  13. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

Day 31: The End
    Must use "END" or THE LAST TIME in title. Must use at least 5 sentences (complete) of journaling.

I used A. Pennington Bloom and Grow and a template by fdd.

This is the last photo of my mom before she passed away. HAD no idea it would be the last time we would have have a photo together.

[​IMG]

wvsandy, bellbird and Mumma848 like this.
  14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you Laura for everything ...

[​IMG]

flowersgal, bjc, Thuria and 2 others like this.
  15. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

Thank you much for the last MOC challenge this year, Laura @lmccandless :bk
    I wouldn't like create a sad page - the end sounds like this for me. So it must something with happiness and bright colors :-)

[​IMG]:cool:

bellbird and cfile like this.
  16. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

How do you all scrap this fast?!

17. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

18. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Thank you. A perfect ending to a wonderful month.
    [​IMG]

19. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm so sentimental and nostalgic, so reading about lots of ends is definitely difficult for me!
    [​IMG]

bjc, bellbird and Mumma848 like this.
  20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Phew- Made it! And we're off to whitefish! Have a great weekend! :D

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.