January 29 - Combine Two Templates

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by keepscrappin, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Thank you for the fun challenge and the amazing templates!
    My page:

[​IMG]

keepscrappin, flowersgal and angels like this.
  2. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

3. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I’m back!
    First off, I’m not sure if an older iPad will work. You’d have to Google that, or check with Adobe. I have a new iPad Pro with a terabyte of memory. Yes! The most available, and I have the Apple Pencil as well. I also have Slim Folio Pro keyboard cover (the Apple store sells them) so I can use keyboard shortcuts, and use the keyboard when I’m adding text. (I like this keyboard better than the Apple one for a couple of reasons, most particularly because it holds the pencil more securely.)

The bad news is that the PS for iPad is not fully functional for scrapbooking yet. Both Procreate and Affinity have more features, and I have used both of them with my older iPad. I didn’t store a lot of supplies on that iPad because it didn’t have much room. And getting the supplies onto it was awkward. I had to use Drop Box, and think before my trip which supplies I would want to use. There are lots of YouTube videos on how to use Procreate and Affinity, and there’s not much for PS for iPad yet. What there is, is not geared toward scrapbooking. This trip has forced me to just experiment and learn by doing. If I were at home, I may have thrown in the towel a few times.

As to downloading the templates: I just went to the store, as usual and clicked the download icons. They showed up in my files folder on the iPad and I just had to touch the zipped files and they opened! Then I touched the one I thought was probably the PSD one, and it opened in PS. I was happily surprised that this worked the first try! No idea how it did! If you open the new document in PS and use the import file option, it doesn’t come with the layers...just flat. So when you are in PS with the layered version, you have to Select all>copy, THEN open a new document the size you want and PASTE the layered template into it and resize it. As you can see, it is not elegant, but sill better, IMHO, than Procreate and Affinity for that process.

To download files from my cpu to my iPad, I start in my Files folder and select the files I want, then drag/drop them into my files folder on the iPad—no Drop Box intervention. I have enough room for all of my Lilypad and Digital Scrapper files/products, so I don’t feel deprived. The filing system is not as elegant as it is on the cpu, but I can still find things I want by doing a search.

There are really no “fx” yet, so making a drop shadow or a “stroke,” is tricky and time-consuming at this point, but I’ve done it so many times, I’ve gotten pretty fast and efficient. Styles are also not available. :(

Bottom line: at this point, if I were giving advice, I’d say learn Procreate or Affinity (I like Procreate the best), and wait for improvements from Adobe, and for more on-line help/videos. Especially true if you don’t plan to upgrade your iPad. I’m sticking with PS for iPad instead of going back to Procreate, because I want to keep my skills up to date, and be able to use it as new features are added. I find that if I’m away from any of these apps for very long, I have to spend time relearning them, and that keeps me from wanting to even start again. So this forced PS for iPad 3 weeks has been good. I purpose to continue making at least one LO a week on the iPad once I get home. I like doing LOs in the evening while “watching TV” with DH...it keeps me from falling asleep at 7:30! LOL

Despite the shortcomings, I’m just loving have PS for iPad, and having a ton of fun with it. It has been thought provoking to figure out how to accomplish things, and sometimes how to manage work-arounds. I would say it is not (yet?) for the faint of heart, or anyone who isn’t willing to devote time to learning it. It is NOT (yet?), Photoshop, and I think scrappers/card-makers are not Adobe’s priority. But we’ll show THEM, won’t we!!!

Hope this helps and doesn’t create more questions, but if it does, I’ll be happy to try to answer them.
    Sharron

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Great templates to mash together!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

7. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

8. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

10. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

thank you for today challenge! here is my page

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Soco, keepscrappin and flowersgal like this.
  13. angels

angels Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great challenge and templates! :)

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. ellenruberg@home.nl

ellenruberg@home.nl Well-Known Member

Day 29 Combine two templates
    Thank you for the fabulous templates!

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

This was great! The only time I combine templates is for MOC haha I should try it more often!
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

18. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

20. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

This was fun, and gave me a good way to do this year's plant layout. I wasn't able to match the colors to the previous years but the style is close enough to count.

As far as the combining - I used everything from both templates except for a small wordy bit and the bead scatter.

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.