January 26 - Youer Than You Photography and Journaling Combo Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by gonewiththewind, Jan 26, 2020.

1. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

2. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for challenging me! :bk
    [​IMG]

Journaling (85 words)
    I don't like having my photo taken, and I don't like posting photos of me online. I don't even know how to look good on a photo; I always feel that all cameras make me look older and fatter than I actually am. This time I had to make an exception, because of MOC and because I'm cheap! ($20 GC, here I come!). I put on my best smile, and with the lousy front camera of my phone I took a selfie in the elevator. January 27, 2020

4. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

thanks for the fun challenge
    [​IMG]

My text translated with google:
    I find it creepy to take selfies. While others look great there, I always find myself terrible, with an artificial smile and somehow distorted. So I read the tips for this challenge and when the light was good this morning I started. First set the beauty mode from 0 to 10. Oh what a beautiful skin it shows! :) Then a test: preferably with glasses or without? Both are not bad. So 10 photos with and 10 photos without glasses. And that's the ultimate choice now. And what should I say: It was fun.

Text in german=101
    Text in english=94

5. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi - just wanted to be sure you knew that you posted your layout in the wrong thread. :)

Pachimac likes this.
  7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

MOC 26 - January 26, 2020 Youer than You Selfie/Journaling Challenge
    [​IMG]

Word art, black rain clouds, background: "Life is: Feeling Blue"
    paper bits: "Citroen" Elements
    Border: "Turn the Page" Collab

Journaling: 196 words
    Selfies and I are a weird thing. Sometimes we are the best of friends and I get a really good picture. Most of the time, I find myself taking 20-30 shots to get one that I like. I have been self conscious about doing them because a few years ago, a very dear long time friend ended our friendship, and one of the parting shots she had was about how people who are on social media and take lots of selfies are self important narcissists and I need to re-evaluate and see just how egotistical I am. I was hurt to the bone, and didn't do selfies for a while. Then I realized that stopping gives HER the power over me. I'm not her victim anymore. SOOO, this picture is also a victory, because I rarely if EVER let a sick selfie go through, but here I am. I'm tired of coughing, I'm tired of sleeping on the couch, and I'm tired of people judging me who know nothing about who I am. So yeah, I don't always look like this, but if I do, what business is it of anyone's to judge me for it?

Font: 1942 Report

8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

See what I get when I'm sick?? LOL. Thanks for the warning!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Cheryl, you selfie pages are such an inspiration.
    87 words

[​IMG]

10. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Simply Beautiful!

11. threadjungle

threadjungle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    66 words
    What a perfect opportunity to tryout those hair colors that I've never been brave enough to do in real life. And a chance to check out my new glasses. Do I like the red ones or the black & white? Maybe sending this to my granddaughter is a good idea. See what she thinks. And I'll bring it to the hairdresser on my next visit.

12. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

13. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

A freshly snapped selfie from this afternoon. :agree

[​IMG]

15. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

This was a challenge for sure, but felt good to tell the story. Thanks for hosting!

[​IMG]

Journaling in case you can't read the font:
    Everything can change in just one moment. Routine mammogram, spot on film, biopsies, surgery, radiation and recovery. Fear, pain and hope mix together in a sort of surreal life for a time. I was fortunate. My surgery was a success and I am now a breast cancer survivor for over a year. Looking back, the most meaningful part of the journey was the love poured out on me from all areas of my life. First, my loving Savior, Jesus, was with me every step of the way giving me peace when anxiety and exhaustion threatened to take over. Next, my family cared for me lovingly and patiently. Then there were surprises like a package from a former student with Disney goodies to cheer me before surgery. Delicious dinners for 2 weeks from the Drama Booster parents. More dinners from dear friends and colleagues. Cards galore. Joyce washing my hair in the sink and drying it every week when I couldn’t shower for a month. A huge care package from my students with original art, musical tributes, blankets, gift cards and notes filled with love. Sometimes in our weakest, darkest moments is when we realize how truly blessed we are!

gonewiththewind, tia3966 and mcurtt like this.
  16. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Here's mine! Thanks!

[​IMG]

gonewiththewind and tia3966 like this.
  17. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

18. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    69 words Journal says: Another Monday...racing toward the January 31st deadlines. My world is all things accounting and taxes this month. It gets more difficult every year. The juxtaposition from the light-hearted feeling of the holidays to the crushing deadlines of work. I adore the wonder and excitement of the holidays and dread how my freedom comes crashing to a halt on the 2nd of January. We are almost to the finish line!

19. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

So, selfies are not really my thing...I know I really need to 'get in the photo' with my kids and hubby more, but this was definitely out of my 'comfort zone,' so thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

journaling {108 words}: I've always been the one behind the camera. It's one of my favorite things to do. I don't know where I get this desire to take pictures of everything and everyone since no one else in my family is very fond of taking pictures. I never show up to a family function without my camera and luckily everyone lets me take pictures until my heart's content! The one downfall to being the unofficial photographer is that I have very few pictures of myself. I need to start getting on the other side of the camera so someday my kids and their kids will have photos of me, too!

20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm just now seeing this! Bless your heart! Praying for a quick recovery for you!