How long?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by LilyAnn A Fisherman, Jan 26, 2020.

1. LilyAnn A Fisherman

LilyAnn A Fisherman New Member

I know the MOC8 needs all layouts complete by, I believe I read Feb. 2. I was wondering how long after that the threads are left up. I'm new here and would like to refer back to many of the wonderful challenges to complete when I have some time. I know there is no way for me to complete 30 in a month. So far I've completed two. Unfortunately, I don't have a stash of TLP designs as of now so I can't post the layouts that I did make that use other supplies.

AJK and bellbird like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there & welcome! I'm glad to hear you are finding MOC inspiring! The posts should be visible for most of the year, going off previous years, until just before the next MOC (I can't bring myself to type what that year will be yet, I'm still not good at typing 2020 yet!) so you can continue to use them as inspiration or as your stash grows, feel free to jump in with the Feb challenges that will be up in a few days - there's always a free template among them & if you check out the Designers Challenges (in the Challenges forum) there's often additional inspiration, templates &/or prizes that go with them - each challenge has its own product requirements but the gallery here only requires 50% of the page to include TLP designers products (templates count as 15%) - Hope that helps!

AJK and A-M like this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome LilyAnn.
    I hope you settle in and enjoy taking part in the different challenges.

4. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

LilyAnn,
    One of the things that I do is to create a page and copy and paste the directions on the page. You can even download any photos (usually) by right-clicking and choose save as. You can load the instructions and the pictures on the Photoshop document and work on the pages when you have time. I know that all of the photos stay in the gallery so you can always go back there and see what other posted. Just an idea!
    Tammy

A-M likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome, LilyAnn. The year I joined, MOC was in full swing, but I completed a few of the challenges. If there's a particular challenge I want to do, I also copy/paste the instructions into my email and it becomes a draft. I do that every month for the challenges. It's easier for me to hop onto my email than it is to come back on the board and look for things.

We're glad you're here and not having a TLP stash of digi supplies is a problem, too. You'll build your stash up quicker than you think you will. There are great sales here on top of the things that have already been mentioned.

A-M likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

There are some great tips above.
    One other thing: make sure you download any freebies or templates now because those are not always available later in the store.

7. LilyAnn A Fisherman

LilyAnn A Fisherman New Member

Thanks for the quick feedback ladies!

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Looks like you have some answers.... so, Welcome to TLP! So glad you stopped in to say hi!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Looks like you got your questions answered. :agree So welcome to the best little corner of digiland online! :) I hope you love it here! :)

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've copied challenges into Evernote, Apple Notepad, and my Day One journal over the years, either for future reference or just to remember them. All programs work well.

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome LilyAnn to the Lily Pad :) It is so good to have you with us. :) Itseems like you have gotten great answers and Courtney's suggestion of downloading templates and like todays brush work mini kit and the tags make sure you download those so you will have them. Holler if we can help in anyway!

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Welcome! @LilyAnn A Fisherman

S.O.S.N. each Wednesdays will be great for building your stash! Something Old, Something New and at a big discount - 50% Now is the time to start building your wishlist so you can check each Wednesday and see if any of your items are on sale. Keep looking at the gallery and when you find layouts that are your style, see what products you already have that are comparable and which ones are ones you know you 'just have to have!' The rule for general layouts here is that they have to have 50% of current products for sale here or retired ones from a still active designer. Templates count as 15%.