Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by ScrapNanna, Jan 26, 2020.

1. ScrapNanna

ScrapNanna New Member

My name is Jennifer. I used to digiscrap probably about 10 years ago. I cant believe its been that long! Before that I paper scrapped. I want to try to get back into the digi-scrapping. Im not really sure where I fit in. I like the cleaner lines like in the Project Life stuff but I dont really want to scrap by week, more by events. I have to admit most of my layout will be of my grandson. He is my pride and joy :heartlub. I look forward to getting to know some fellow scrappers!

Im actually feeling a little overwhelmed after looking around a while :cry

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome, Jennifer! So glad to have you joining us here! There are plenty of scrappers here who are clean and simple in style without necessarily being weekly/Project Life scrappers, and grandchildren are very popular subjects, so you won't be alone! :) And, while I've seen clean pages done with a wide variety of products, there are also some of our designers who definitely have that vibe in their design voice. :-) I encourage you to browse through the shop and gallery to see what resonates with you.

Our Month of Challenges is happening right now, which is probably the busiest time of the year here, so I can see where it might feel a little overwhelming. In a week or so, things will be much calmer. :) We love to help, so feel free to ask any questions, and we will do our best to get you pointed in the right direction!

I hope you feel right at home here very soon! :beat

ScrapNanna likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Welcome! We're glad you're here. And don't worry about what style you'll scrap, just have fun with whatever. I can't wait to see the pages you make! Just jump right on in and have fun.

ScrapNanna likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I echo what Jan said!

ScrapNanna likes this.
  5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Jennifer and welcome to the Lilypad! Looking forward to seeing what you create! :)

ScrapNanna likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hi there and welcome back to digiscrapping.
    i love doing a monthly overview and then events.
    You really will find inspiration is all around.
    A grandson has got to be an additional twinkle in your eye and a reason to get back into all of this.

ScrapNanna likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there! Welcome! :)
    Just like Kim said, it is a busy month here with a challenge everyday but the rest of the year, there's usually 7 or 8 each month & completeing them gets you a 30% off coupon to the store & a chance at a $30 gift card (but if that's not enough, there are separate Designer challenges) & everyone's style is different, which is great & why there's such a variety of designers in the store here too - make sure to sign up for the newsletter (the link is near the end of the teal bar at the top where it says 'menu', it gets condensed on phones & such but it's there) because on Wednesdays there is always a bunch of different products at 50% off & it's a great way to freshen up your digi-stash.
    I think we all got overwhelmed at some stage & I learned to try to stop comparing my pages to others a while back, as long as you are happy with your style, that's the main thing.
    Looking forward to seeing you & your grandson in the gallery!

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome back to digiscrapping Jennifer! You found the best digiscrap site around. I took a near-hiatus from scrapping for about 4 years several years ago (made fewer than a dozen pages each year), and MOC in 2016 was what got back into it. I've completed every MOC since and many of the other monthly and designer challenges. Have fun!

BeachLover likes this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome Jennifer
    I hope you do settle in well and enjoy being here as this is a great place to be. Do not hesitate to ask for any help you may need and if it is to do with your scrapping program make sure you let us know what you are using as there are so many members here who use different software so there is always someone around when help is needed.

BeachLover likes this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi Jennifer and welcome to The Lilypad!

There are so many different styles of scrappers here, and there are quite a few minimal or clean and simple scrappers so you will find a kinship with them. We have some lovely designers that design with the minimalist scrapper in mind as well. I design templates and have an entire line of "Dressed Down" that are like my "Dressed Up" templates in that the composition is the same, but the embellishments are much less.

Like a couple of others have said, with the Month of Challenges going on, it's a busy month to try to navigate the forum. Hang in here with us, and you'll be used to it in no time. Looking forward to seeing that precious grandbaby.

Again, welcome and have fun scrapping again!

11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Welcome back. Can't wait to see your layouts!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Lilypad Jennifer! I agree with what others have said... don't let our wonderful MOC chaos overwhelm you... it's definitely busier than normal right now, but also, don't let that stop you from jumping in. Find one of the challenges that seems easiest to you and give it a go if you like? Every page you make is a memory captured! :agree

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome Jennifer! Take a deep breath and when in doubt, ask your questions here!

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome Jennier! So glad to have you joining us! I can't wait to see your pages!

15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Jennifer!! So glad to have you here and can't wait to see your pages! Like the others have said, it will calm down quite a bit after MOC, so hang in there and if you need anything at all, just give a shout!

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome, Jennifer! You are in a good place here at TLP. Lots of help and inspiration.

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome Jennifer. You've come to the right place if you want to get back into digi scrapping! There's so much inspiration here and you won't find a friendlier bunch of scrappers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Somebody will jump in and help you.

18. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hi Jennifer. Welcome to The Pad! There is always lots of help available. Glad to have you here with us! :)

19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

A big welcome to you! I think I remember you ? from the digichicks? I am easily confused, but hey to you and I love being a gramma too! Don't be overwhelmed, we are here to encourage and "justify" your scrapping time, energy and money! lol bhahwhahha

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome back! Scrapping grandkids sounds so fun! I can't wait until I'm a grandma. Like everyone said we have scrappers of all different styles and are willing to help, just ask.