JANUARY 23: Paint Dipping

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 23, 2020.

1. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

I dipped my title in the pink color.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  2. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I painted the top of the word "us" and spritzed the centers of the stars.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  4. wendyjc

wendyjc Hoping to have Kate by the ocean

I really thought this would be so much harder than it actually was. It was sooo fun. Now I want to dip paint on every freaking thing!!!
    [​IMG]

5. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Was able to get it to work using Anne of Alamo's method - putting a new layer above and clipping it to the paint element - thanks Anne of Alamo!! Really fun once I got it! Thank you for this challenge - will be playing with this more!

[​IMG]

Copperwood Alphas by Kim Jensen - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Copperwood-Alphas.html
    Just Wonderful by Little Butterfly Wings - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Just-Wonderful-kit.html
    Bemused Kit by Lynn Grieveson - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Bemused-Kit.html
    Geometric Overlays by Lynne-Marie - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Geometric-Overlays.html
    Artsy Bits M3 by Lynne-Marie - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Artsy-Bits-M3.html
    Blue Skies Ahead by Lynn Grieveson - https://the-lilypad.com/store/Blue-Skies-Ahead-Kit.html

Used a wet brush #24, 24 pixels, opacity 49% in PSE 11.

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Thank you! That is what I was doing wrong! Found a work around before I came back and read your post.

7. DenetteS

DenetteS Active Member

I added paint to the S, the flower and the leaves, the 2 dark paper pieces on the photo, and several over a pre-made paint design lower right
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

Thank you for the fun challenge! I've spent most of the day trying to learn how to use brushes, unsuccessfully, I might add!!! Christa told me how to put the brush on a separate layer, and that worked great, (Thank you, Christa!) but I don't know how to choose the right brush and how to adjust and use it correctly. I tried and tried. All I managed to do was one element, and it turned out a mess. I knew what I wanted to do but just couldn't accomplish it!!! I tried to paint the tag. I would have painted more elements if I could have gotten it to work out right! LOL! I hope this is acceptable.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  9. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

My wooden numbers are dipped in white and blue paint
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I used Artisan 5 to dip my title. I first put title on the page, copied it and cut one of them in half. I then highlighted one piece, went to touchup and the paint brush. I selected two colors I wanted to use and then you use the left mouse to paint a little color and then the right mouse to do the other color. When I had it the way I wanted I then went to filters and the 3D edge and set my settings at 80,100,80 to make it look like paint. I deleted the top part of my cut title and merged it with the back one. I then selected my paper and painted on some drips in the same colors. Thank you so much for the challenge. I had never done this before so it was fun to figure it out.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  11. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thanks!...I Really Like The Color Combo Too!...

***I Was Also Wondering If Anyone Could Explain How To Get That Drippy Paint Effect In PSE...That I Saw In A Few Layouts In This Thread?***

12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Interesting challenge! Thanks for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    I used the technique on the title, frame, snippet, and bird button.

bcgal00 likes this.
  13. LilyAnn A Fisherman

LilyAnn A Fisherman New Member

I don't know if this way for PSE was mentioned... Put marching ants around your item you want painted, on a new layer above the item, paint instead the marching ants. The paint will not go over the lines. Than clip that to the layer below it and change the setting of the paint layer to overlay soft light.

bcgal00 likes this.
  14. LilyAnn A Fisherman

LilyAnn A Fisherman New Member

That should say paint inside (not instead)

bcgal00 likes this.
  15. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Here is mine. I painted the alpha.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

What A Wonderful Challenge!...It Was More Fun Than Work!... @bcgal00 Thanks! For The Go Ahead For The Flower(s) I Painted...I Really Liked This Challenge!...It Was Fun Playing Around With The Brushes,Color & Paint...I Was Playing Around & Painted A Really Pretty Flower...It was A Soft Orange & I Added A Soft Pink To The Bottom...It Looked Really Neat!...And Just For Fun!...I Painted The "Just Do Art" Large WA Which Was Originally B&W...Now Has A Mixture Of Brushes I Used To Apply Blue Paint To It!...I Loved The Way It Turned Out!...So Away I Went Creating My Layout...I Ended Up Using The Same Flower Four Times In My Layout...In Various Sizes & Placements...We Are All Artists Here...And Appropriate To This Challenge...My Layout Is About Being An Artist...About Just Going For It & Being Creative In Whatever Manner Works For You!...It's About Self-Expression & Your Creations Being An Extension Of Who You Are As A Person...And Also Being Infused With Pieces Of Your Life,Your Loves,Your Hates,Your Sense Of Humor,Your Darkest Days,Your Brightest Days,Your Days Of Celebration,Your Days Of Milestones,Your Days Of Craziness & Madness Too!...Basically Everything That Makes You Who You Are & What Makes Your Life So Special To You!...

*For My The Art Of Living Layout-I Used:Artist-Sabrina's Creations

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Paint dipped items:
    Woven Star.
    Title Piece.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  18. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This is a great idea for a challenge! :)
    [​IMG]

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Whew! My painting finger is tired! But this is a fun new technique for me. I painted the alpha by arranging it so the letters wouldn't overlap, merged their layers, chose a couple of paintbrushes (adjusting their sizes, opacities, and jitter) and few colors, and clicked/painted on a new layer clipped to the alpha layer - over and over and over!
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  20. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Day 23 – Paint

Falalala – Rachel Jeffries
    Papers:
    Giggle Snort – Sara Gleason
    Sibblings – Just Jamie
    Neutral Xmas – Allison Pennington
    Alpha: Stay Golden – Little Butterfly Wings

Gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/day-23-paint.420554/
    Day-23-Paint.jpg

The program I use isn't the best for painting so my LO is far from perfect!

bcgal00 likes this.