January 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by EHStudios, Jan 16, 2020.

1. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

This one was a big challenge for me. I normally don't have a problem doing the journaling challenges, but when I read the topic, this was the story that popped into my head and I struggled with how to tell the tale in a way that's authentic but also won't cause too much upset with the people I'm writing about when they (or their kids) someday read this in our family albums. Whew! Anyway, I wound up with a final count of 968 words, not including the title. I think it's readable, but if you need me to send you the text transcript, just send me a message. Thank you!
    [​IMG]

EHStudios and cfile like this.
  2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

[​IMG]

my journaling was badly translated by google, sorry! If I understand correctly, I tried to write about something I would change now that I see things differently...
    The term hindsight is 20/20 is not used in Portuguese, and when I was trying to translate the explanation, I had an idea of what feeling it would mean to me. Certainly, it is the regret of not knowing more about our family's past, and especially about my past and yours, mom, and now you are gone and all the people who could also know about the stories are no longer here either. .. It's a big empty in my heart, and even small details, like a family recipe that I thought I could do and I can't reproduce, it hurts very deep in my heart. And what about the photos, there are so many, and an overwhelming majority I don't know who the people are or what event it was. Why didn't I think of that before? was it be because I did not want to admit that one day you would die? If I could go back in time, among so many other things, I would for sure be listening to many more stories, I would insist even when it seemed that you didn't really wanted to talk ... but even so, I still had the opportunity to hear various stories and family things, I think because I was the youngest, you talked and didn't think I was paying attention ... oh no! lol! but for sure, i would remember to write down the recipes and would not judge my memory infallible! really, hindsight is 20/20 ...

249 words

EHStudios likes this.
  3. Enid

Enid Well-Known Member

276 words...
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  4. hichchei

hichchei Member

5. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Everyone...So Glad That I Finally Got This Layout Challenge Completed...It Took A Lot Of Soul Searching To Decide How To/What To Write About...But Essentially...I Figured It Would Be Along These Lines To Be Honest...Many Of You Know About My Struggles With Depression/Anxiety...And I Do Create A Fair Amount Of Layouts About This Also...So No Surprise That This Layout Would Talk About This A Bit More In Depth...But I Did Hide Some Of The More Sensitive Text & I Just Got The Go Ahead To Post My Layout From @EHStudios [The Lovely Lady Hosting This Challenge]...As Per The Rules Of The Challenge:I Wrote Roughly 560 Words + So I Stopped Counting...I Poured Out Some Sensitive Stuff That I Felt In My Life Needed To Be Said For My Continued Growth As A Woman/Human/Creative/Anxiety Struggler...And As A Person Who Is Trying To Grow,Heal & Better Understand My Own Mind/Body & Soul...Anyone Who Has Read This Far...If You Are Comfortable With The Subject Matter...Then Go Ahead & Proceed To Read My Mini Manifesto...But I Wrote A Warning Below For Anyone Who Wants To Stop Here...

*And Many Thanks! To Anyone/Everyone Who Stops/Reads/Supports/Comments...So Much Appreciated In Advance...:heartslub...

*So A WARNING Before You Continue!!!!!!!!...SENSITIVE SUBJECT MATTER & TEXT AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

*For My Life Lessons In Self-Reflection Layout-I Used:

*IScape-Kit + Extras-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Some Bunny Loves You-Rachel Jefferies(4)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    EHStudios likes this.
  6. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Whew! Letting you know I'm commenting through page 7 right now! Sorry I'm a little slower going through these, but I want to be sure to read every page you all have made!

I'm so speechless at everyone's vulnerability and honesty & openness to do this challenge!!

7. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Fabulous challenge, there were so many Hindsights form me especially this past 15 months, but I picked a time that was significant for my husband and I and something we still to this day recognise as a pivotal point in our own personal lives and marriage. Over 250 words :)
    [​IMG]

EHStudios, Smileark and tia3966 like this.
  8. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

9. Skivvy

Skivvy Well-Known Member

Here is my page. Word count 205.

[​IMG]

EHStudios and tia3966 like this.
  10. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  11. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Loved this challenge - thank you :)
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  12. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    word count: 318

13. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

293 words

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  14. MamaBee

MamaBee CT - Kate Hadfield

[​IMG]

333 words

EHStudios likes this.
  15. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

Journaling is never an issue for me, so many words!

681 Words

Everything from The Lilypad
    Rachel Jeffries M3 Nov 18 MM Paperie Add on
    Rachel Jeffries M3 Nov 18 Artistry Add on
    Rachel Jeffries M3 Nov 18 Edgers Add on

[​IMG]

16. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

17. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Thanks for this challenge