21Jan2020-goals for week-get healthy, stay fit

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 21, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

8am-my alarm goes off
    GET OFF puter and on Treadmill
    woot!
    I earned Lily Pad time and scrapping!

What are you doing this week?

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Walking and drinking water and eating well and sleeping. And hopefully squeezing some scrapping in.

True weight loss story: So last Thursday I met a scrapping friend at a hotel half way between our 2 houses (about 1 hour away for each of us) and stayed until noon on Sunday. I did not take any snacks with me. Then she tells me she is on some special diet and won't be eating much. So all those times I would have reached for a snack?? None in the place to be had. I guess I could have visited the vending machine or run out to a convenience store, but I just went hungry instead between meals. We only walked once, so my steps were low. I lost 2 pounds and scrapped about 10 pages! Amazing what not having access to food can do!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've not worked out at all this year. Bad me. Most of it is because we've had contractors in the house who need help/questions answered, so I need to be here. Otherwise I'm out running errands needed for our renovation. We've only about 2 more weeks until it's all done, then I'll be back to the gym. I just can't make it there at 6:00 am to work out and be home before the contractors come! I've been so exhausted running up and down the stairs here at home. The contractors are working faster than I can keep up with them, which is a good thing.

The good news is that I've lost 6 pounds since starting to see the nutritionist. The bad thing is that I gained a pound over Christmas and the first week of this month. All in all it's not bad considering we've been eating 95% of our meals out for the past 6 weeks. I go back to the nutritionist again on Friday, so we'll see. At least my vitamin levels are good. But between visits to the nutritionist, rheumatologist, gastroenterologist & internist, hopefully I'll get my insides all worked out! lol!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@AnneofAlamo - thanks for the reminder. I saw your post this morning on my ipad and thought I'd better get my walk in before plopping down on the computer and getting sucked in for the day.... hehe! I turned on youtube and did a walk at home workout before I allowed myself to get on the computer. It wasn't water aerobics like I had wanted to do but was better than nothing since that class had already started. Plus I didn't have to go out in the cold in my bathrobe and swimsuit. :giggle

@BevG I agree not having the food around to tempt you helps so much when you're trying to be good. I've also been trying to focus on drinking more water and eating a piece of fruit if I want a snack. Hubby and I ate a whole bag of halo clementines this past week. I need to restock.

BevG likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

so funny, the holidays and laziness brought in so many wrong foods, they are all gone, and that so helps! Love losing and scrapping testimony!
    lol, that quote made me laugh, just as long as your insides stay insides as they work out..bhahha
    this is my must do, now, as I can lose hours and justify getting pages done...I am my own worst enemy!

keepscrappin and QuiltyMom like this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been researching computer desks, and I saw one today that's basically a stationary bike with a space for your computer. I don't know about you, but I couldn't bike and work on a computer at the same time!

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is where you give yourself grace. You've eaten out most of your meals, your house is a mess, and you've only gained 1 pound? That's amazing! Celebrate that you are doing a good job despite your current circumstances. I bet that pound disappears once you stop eating out since out food is always so full of sodium.

QuiltyMom likes this.