January 21- Organic Botanicals

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by yellowpeep, Jan 21, 2020.

1. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

This made me really happy. The biggest challenge of being a host of one of these challenges is having to decide whether things fit the rules or not. I am a big believer in being fair but I also understand that people are operating under different levels of constraint. Thank you SO much for being so understanding and flexible. Can't wait to see your layout.

2. yellowpeep

Actually, it seems like it's been pretty easy for most people, after some "digging" as @chigirl so cleverly put it. Glad you have enough in your stash to complete the challenge.
    As for fake flowers, to each her own. Even though my challenge had to do with real botanicals, give me a page bursting into bloom any day-- fake or otherwise! Being born and raised in Hawai'i (and currently in the thick of winter here in Massachusetts,) I'm a sucker for any flowers and leaves-- the more the better! :)
    Also, I would imagine faux blooms are more cost effective for designers to use. They are easier to find on sale and stick around a lot longer if they can't use them right away. ;) Plus, I have found that TLP designers in general stick with much more realistic blooms than not. xo

crazsquaw, SeattleSheri and jk703 like this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. The list of what I considered to be organic botanicals is in the gallery, along with my credits.

[​IMG]

yellowpeep, KarenW and wvsandy like this.
  4. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

yellowpeep, elseepe, Frumpje and 4 others like this.
  5. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

@yellowpeep Thanks for your reply.
    No, I didn't think you expected us to extract them - just clarifying that you meant a designer extracted botanical element.

I can probably find five, but I must admit that I avoid buying kits with extracted elements, I prefer digitally created. You can get some strange lighting issues with extracted elements that may or may not match each other.

bellbird and yellowpeep like this.
  6. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Stash searching pays off. Fortunately, one thing I almost always tag are 'leaves, branches, trees' - 800+ came up! Not all 'real' of course but still...

[​IMG]

8. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

love your wonderful Challenge- thank you!
    I use 7 Flowers
    [​IMG]

Lisa B, rlucasmn, yellowpeep and 6 others like this.
  9. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

At first I really over thought about this as I was reading the challenge...but then it dawned on me that I do this all of the time! I just need to find them in my HD’s and do it, this is a great challenge and such awesome pages!!

10. DenetteS

DenetteS Active Member

11. Mary-Lynne

Mary-Lynne Well-Known Member

Wow, harder to tell artificial than I thought it would be. Here's my best guess!
    1. 3 white flowers from Sahlin Studio's pressed petals (one is under the sweet pea and hard to see) Also 6 leaves with these flowers.
    2. Magnolia NBK's Art and Nature
    3. Pink flower left NBK's All Messed Up
    4. Pink flower right NBK's Counting
    5. Sweet Pea flower NBK's Art Crust 7
    [​IMG]

yellowpeep likes this.
  12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

@yellowpeep, can a scatter of seeds count as one element?

yellowpeep likes this.
  13. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

[​IMG]
    Mommyish- Boho Fall- title, hanging twine with clothespins and foliage, yellow-orange leaf cluster, https://the-lilypad.com/store/Boho-Fall-Kit.html;
    MPM-Home- S Gleason- flower pineconey, yellow leaf on bottom left; https://the-lilypad.com/store/Memory-Pockets-Monthly-HOME.html
    Paula Kesselring- Autumn Goodies- foliage (green) https://the-lilypad.com/store/Autumn-Goodies.html; Autumnal Days- green leafy branch, tree bark, green paper, vintage child image ephemera https://the-lilypad.com/store/Autumnal-Days.html
    Tangie Baxter- Autumn's Poetry- white mushroom, tree branch, red berry sprig, red leaf behind title wordart, dried wildflower bunch on right (lavender colored), cut musical sheet, paint splatter, painted leaves in background https://the-lilypad.com/store/autumns-poetry.html
    Forever Joy- Homebody- pine sprig (behind title word art) https://the-lilypad.com/store/homebody-mini-page-kit.html
    Sahlin Studio- Autumn Stories- acorn https://the-lilypad.com/store/Autumn-Stories-Kit.html

yellowpeep and SeattleSheri like this.
  14. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Mine is an ATC.
    BOTANICALS KITS: branch, spotted yellow leaf, pinecone – “Wanderer Frippery”, Bella Gypsy; acorn branch, brown leaf – “Foxy Fall”, ForeverJoy Designs; 2 acorns, yellow leaves – “Fall Pieces #10”, Mommyish; evergreen branch – “Season of Magic”, Lynn Grieveson
    [​IMG]

After I posted this ATC I went back in this thread and looked at the pages that had been posted. When I saw post #53 with examples of kits containing botanicals, I went ahead and bought a couple - even though I didn't need them for this challenge!! LOL!!

yellowpeep and SeattleSheri like this.
  15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

My favorite elements are the realistic/organic ones. The challenge was deciding which ones to use.
    [​IMG]

yellowpeep, SeattleSheri and bellbird like this.
  16. yellowpeep

Sure!

djp332 likes this.
  17. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

[​IMG]

Botanical:
    APennington_LIAA-FWP Leaf.png
    APennington_Snapshot-Pictures_Leaf.png
    APennington_TLP Treasured_Leaf.png
    bellagypsy_twasthenight_pine.png
    lbw_ATrueFriendBoys_branch.png
    smd_af_flower 1.png

18. yellowpeep

Oh gosh, I overthink things ALL the time!! Glad you realized that it's doable. :) Can't wait to see your page!

19. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

1. purple flower
    2. leaf
    3. white flower
    4. seed scatter
    5. big seed pod
    [​IMG]

yellowpeep, threadjungle and elseepe like this.
  20. GaDawg83

GaDawg83 Active Member

yellowpeep, AJK and SeattleSheri like this.