New feature in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kat, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

If you haven't seen it yet, photoshop's latest update added GROUPS for your styles.... Now you can have them neatly stored in folders and it's AHMAHHHHZING. :)

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

oh man!!! I sure would LOVE that. I'm on a CC yet though. Lucky ducks! :giggle

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

And they have it for shapes and swatches, too!

Kat likes this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'll have to check this out! I'll look for a video about it too. I have a lot of styles but its so time consuming going thru them all so grouping sounds like something that will make it easier. Thx for that info.

Kat likes this.
  5. Kat

I hadn't noticed that yet but yeay! I am sitting her loading alllll my styles. You can group by type and then add folders IN the folders. It's so exciting.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

YES! The nesting groups makes my organizing heart happy! And I'm even happier that I can geek out about this with you! LOL

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I didn't know you can nest the folders! I have my styles all prettily sitting in folders.

I'll be honest, I reloaded some of mine. Because now when I load them, they automatically stay in their folder! Others, like shadows, I took the time to stick in folders.

bcgal00 and gonewiththewind like this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yay! I haven't had a chance to play around with the folders for actions/styles/etc, but I can't wait to organize. And like Cheryl @gonewiththewind mentioned, I'm so happy I can geek out with y'all about this! :)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

After MOC, I think we should have a Watch Cheryl Organize session where we talk about these fun additions and other organizing tips and tricks.

10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Feel like I’m missing out....maybe when I have a job I can upgrade back to PSCC to get all the latest and greatest bits and pieces

11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Yes! I love that feature. I totally reorganized all of my styles, etc. I also love the new object selection tool, how you can filter by similar fonts and the updated Liquify tool! Im sure there are other things, but those are the new features I use the most.

cfile likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Lisa B, bcgal00 and Kat like this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh yes please!!! This newbie CC user needs help there. I finally looked up and now remember the keyboard shortcut for moving things up and down the layers. There is so much "clutter" in my workspace panel but I am afraid to hide it. So I would love to see what you have and why you have it where you do.

What happens if you delete the styles that CC comes with? If I delete them from the list, can I ever get them back?

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  14. gonewiththewind

Yes, you can restore default settings . . .

bestcee likes this.
  15. Kat

okay so I set all mine up yesterday. Today they are gone. Eeesh. lol

16. gonewiththewind

:badputer

Kat likes this.
  17. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Oh, no! I don’t know if this is what happened in your case, but I find that if PS shuts down abnormally for any reason (power outage, program freezing and me having to “kill” it, etc. ) then when I open it back up everything is back where it was the last time I exited PS normally. I have a bad habit of leaving PS open for days at a time, so this happens fairly often. You would think I would learn. :rolleyes:

SeattleSheri likes this.
  18. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Agreed! If your program shuts down without going through it's normal process, it won't save any changes you've made to things like styles, brushes, shapes, etc. Two things I suggest. The first is to immediately close and reopen PS after your organization and the second is to export a copy of your styles so if something should happen, you can easily just re-import vs. having to set everything else up again. PS definitely has some quirks!

HeatherB, cfile and KimJ like this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This I always do! Only because I got in the habit when I moved between a desktop and laptop. I liked having things the same setup. Plus, it makes it easy if you have to reinstall PS for any reason.

20. Kat

I am going to export a copy for sure tonight. It's the shadows that I can't live without. The rest I only use periodically. Oddly enough, the shapes and brushes I added are still there. Only the styles are gone. lol... that's my usual luck.

cfile and bestcee like this.