Popcorn Day | Pad Patter 1.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 19, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's National Popcorn Day!
    [​IMG]
    I just picked up a bag of white cheddar popcorn at the store on a whim, so I'll celebrate later! Next to yummy buttery movie theater popcorn, white cheddar is my favorite. I do not like kettle corn at all, or really any kind of popcorn that's sweet.

So where are my popcorn lovers? What's your favorite flavor??

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I LOVE the smell of popcorn, but it doesn't agree with me, so I never eat it. DH eats it all the time.

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I love popcorn, especially kettle corn but I haven't eaten it for over 3 years. I miss it. I have a feeling it will be a long time before I have it again if I ever do. :cry

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love popcorn. I like buttery and salty, kettle corn, and I love caramel corn, especially if my mom makes it homemade.

klee73010 likes this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I am essentially your opposite @IntenseMagic . :giggle Kettle corn is my favorite. And my husband found a wonderful Christmas popcorn on clearance at target I'm sad i finished already... lol. It was chocolate, caramel, almonds and toffee i think. It was delicious.

In mid July i found a "boom chicka pop" brand that was strawberry and blueberries and cream (red, white and blue) and that was also delicious.

I think i like popcorn as a snack because there are so many different flavors, and i can make so many of them safe for my daughter's food allergies.

6. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I love popcorn! I like the buttery, salty, savory, sweet, cheesy, and spicy kinds. Oh, I think that's just about all the kinds. Yeah, I just really like popcorn. :)

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I adore popcorn. It's one of the "real" snacky foods that I can eat. I make it a lot of ways: kettle corn, palm kernel oil (almost tastes like movie theater popcorn), olive oil, coconut oil. But my favorite is popping with canola oil and topping with my fake butter and a few pinches of truffle salt. Yum! Sometimes I cheat and do real butter, and that's the best!

8. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Man, eat some for me, will you? I had to give it up and I really miss it.

Salt and butter was always tied with Poppycock/Cracker Jack for faves but right now I'd eat plain microwaved if I had some. I've tried everything I can find to recreate the taste and it just hasn't worked.

What's equally frustrating is Dum-Dums used to have a buttered popcorn lolly that was close enough to do the trick, but they don't seem to be making it any more.

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am not a real lover of popcorn but I do enjoy these ( but never do buy them.... too addictive)
    [​IMG]

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Growing up my dad fixed popcorn on the stove in bacon grease shaking the pan to pop the corn... you know the old fashioned way to pop corn!

I miss those days.

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

MMM! We love popcorn! I'm a salty/sweet gal- so I love buttered & salted popcorn with m&m's! SO yummy! :D I think I might need to make some tonight... ;)

12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We make it on the stove top too! SO much better than microwaved!

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Popcorn is my most favorite food ever! Yes, even before chocolate. I like movie theater popcorn and popped at home on the stove with oil popcorn. I usually make it every Sunday night as "dinner". I don't like butter on it, but do use Molly Butter (a sprinkle butter flavoring) and salt. I also like kettle corn but only get it once a year while at the state fair.

I really dislike microwave popcorn. I also don't like most popcorn that comes pre-made in bags --- because fresh popcorn is soo much better.

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Meh, I can take it or leave it. I will eat both butter and kettle.

Now caramel corn or moose munch is a different story! I can eat that all day long.

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I think I'm going to have some popcorn right now. I do not like any kind of sweet popcorn and prefer it lightly buttered but little or no salt. I used to eat popcorn with cold cream cheese on a spoon. I have no idea where that idea came from but it's too filling for me now and too many calories. I confess to being a Microwave Philistine. Just plain lazy.

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am having withdrawal symptoms... just sayin' I think I need some tomorrow.