January 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by EHStudios, Jan 16, 2020.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

TRIGGER WARNING: Journaling discusses s*xual assault.

[​IMG]

EHStudios and Firstoscartgrouch like this.
  2. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

Another very challenging challenge!

[​IMG]

3. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

4. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

Not sure if the journaling is legible, so I've included it here.
    [​IMG]
    During my working life, I would occasionally muse aloud about moving back to Kansas. I think it was just something to dream about and I did not give it serious thought until I retired. I’d had a rough couple of years and was looking forward to a few months of visiting friends, catching up on reading & crafts, and generally “vegging” out. I failed to account for my husband’s way of making quick decisions and acting upon them without hesitation.

I retired on April first and thought it was a particularly apt date! We lived in Washington state at the time. By the 31st of August (my Dad’s birthday), we were signing the papers on a home in Kansas! The moving van arrived a couple of days later and by the end of September we were settled in. As settled as I could be after those six months of whirlwind activity, anyway!

Six months later, my Dad fell and broke his hip. He was in hospital for several weeks, and then went into a nursing care facility. For the next two years, he would be in and out of both the hospital and nursing care. He hated it! He became very demanding and wanted me to be there all the time. I had a 50-mile drive every time he wanted to see me. I am not an only child and frequently groused about his insistence on me being the one to take charge.

Nine years have gone by since he passed. Looking back I am so grateful that I had the time to spend with him and Mamma. I had the opportunity to get to know them as individuals aside from being my parents and I grew to love them both so much more. My Dad had a quirky sense of humor and gorgeous brown eyes – both of which I inherited. If we had stayed in Washington things would have been different. I would not have been able to spend time with them, perhaps not even in the last days.

Hindsight is 20/20. I stressed and complained (and cried) at the time, but those were precious moments and I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world!

EHStudios likes this.
  5. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Phew, it was hard to start but once I got going the words flowed easier and I ended up with 543. Thanks for the great challenge!
    Journaling is easier to read in the gallery credits .......
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  6. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

Jan 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 - Journaling Challenge
    I'm not going to lie - this was my quickest layout yet this year. I apologize for the bright yellow, but it's representative of the colors of the 80's.
    Thanks so much for a fun challenge!!

Credits in the gallery.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-17-hindsight-is-20-20.419116/

Jan 17 - Hindsight is 20-20.jpg

Journaling 265 words:
    To say I don’t have regrets is an understatement – I regret some choices I made in my 20’s, decisions about parenting/step-parenting, and more. Those are things that I can’t undo or change, just learn from, and move on. I also have regrets that are trivial, nonsensical, and without serious repercussions: baby-doll dress shirts of the 90’s, the 2006 email incident at work, and the short haircut of 2015. One such regret is throwing out the clothing of my teens. I am a teenager of 80’s and I wore the gear: leg warmers, neon clothing, wide belts, satin pants and the crazy geometric jewelry! How I would love to have some of that back – especially the graphic sweatshirt vest I’m wearing in the picture. I LOVED that vest – it was made of bright fuchsia sweatshirt material and had a really cool graphic using geometric shapes. I usually paired it with a light pink polo (color turned up), jeans, penny loafers and a pair of triangular mirror earrings with neon paint on them. When I wore that outfit I felt totally chic and cool – I was invincible! I wore it often to the teenage dance club that my best friend, Toni, and I frequented on weekends. Those were good times and one of the best years of high school for me. But like everything good, it came to an end and I discarded the vest in servitude to the fashion god. If I knew then, what I know now, my hindsight would be 20/20 and I could rock that vest again, but this time as vintage!

7. danfeen

danfeen Active Member

2020_balance_MOC_17.jpg

I do love a journalling challenge! Thanks for making me think :-)

EHStudios likes this.
  8. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

*1018 words* I'm a chatterbox. Lol..

[​IMG]

EHStudios and angels like this.
  9. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Journaling challenges usually don't scare me; this one had me stumped for a while. The prompt for me was hard, but I managed to find something and surely had enough words to share about it (533). If you can't read it here, I did post with credits in the gallery. Here's my page.

[​IMG]

10. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

11. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

12. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

13. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Just an update!

Commenting on layouts through page 5 right now! These take a little longer since I'm enjoying reading everyone's stories! Just wanted to let everyone know where I am with my challenge so far!

Thank you everyone for making this challenge a joy to go through!

14. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

I really don't like journaling and have never written that much. My Journaling has 430 words! I posted the text with the credits in the gallery.

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  15. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Woot woot for me! I made it! My journaling is 296 words AND in ENGLISH!!! :)
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

488 words? Who even am I? :hehe
    [​IMG]

EHStudios and angels like this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

that was quite a challenge, thank you.
    [​IMG]
    word count = 258