January 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by EHStudios, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I LOVE a good journaling challenge! :) I have 438 words:

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  2. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

3. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

For as simple as this layout ended up, you'd never believe how long I've worked on it. The journaling was easy; I just changed my mind about half a dozen time about how I wanted to create the page. 254 words. (and can anybody tell me for sure if it is traveled, or travelled?)

[​IMG]

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I worked on mine for a long time, too. This was difficult to put into words and I kept changing them a lot. Anyway, I ended up with 340 words and it was kind of cathartic. Thanks for the real challenge (for me).

[​IMG]

EHStudios, SeattleSheri and elseepe like this.
  5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I like a good journaling challenge, mine ended up being 342 words and I had to edit it down! [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My word count is 362.

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  7. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

EHStudios likes this.
  8. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I loving memory of my brother who I last this past summer. May he rest in peach.
    [​IMG]

EHStudios and SeattleSheri like this.
  9. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I turned a bad experience with a milkshake into a more light-hearted version of "Hindsight." My journaling has 292 words.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have 228 words
    [​IMG]

EHStudios and rrred68 like this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

12. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

216 words by word counter.

[​IMG]

13. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

An hard challenge for me, because I hate journaling ! But it's MOc and I love MOC for the challenges that are real challenges !
    208 words with wordcounter
    [​IMG]

14. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you for the Challenge
    I'm sorry, I have language problems and now I hope that Google has translated well ....
    At the age of 50 I worked as a nurse with intensive medical training in an outpatient nursing service that looks after ventilated people at home. I had the position of a deputy nursing service.
    Then my boss wanted me to do additional training in nursing management, the company took over the costs, but I had to commit myself to stay in the company for 2 years and also give days off for school.
    in the beginning I was not so enthusiastic because I had to do it in addition to my very strenuous work, we had two days of school every 14 days - and these were my "free" days - and several times a week of school, the company took over.
    we started with a week at school and it was all very exciting for me - everything so unusual - sitting and listening was very hard at first, there was also homework and we had to learn a lot of material in addition to work within a short time.
    I also had to learn again when I was 50!
    But over time I realized how good it was for me to learn, I got so much input and new thoughts and ideas, so much zest and energy.
    At the end we had to write a large project work, a presentation. I thought about it for a long time and then chose a topic, which is also relevant for me in practice. Since we care for adults and especially children at home in care teams, there is a lot of potential for conflict in the care of children.
    I wanted to describe this in the presentation.
    In the course of my research I came across Marie-Luise Friedemann and her concept "the Framework of systemic organization, the" Congruence "model for family treatment and the ASF-E Instrument".
    I was immediately fascinated by her theory and then read a lot and also attended seminars with her.
    My presentation was a complete success, not least because Marie Luise Friedemann's theory convinced me so much.
    I then worked for years on the basis of your theory and kept a lot of your knowledge in mind.
    Shortly before the exam, I had contact with a nursing service specializing only in children and from there I got a very good offer as a nursing service manager.
    It was hard for me at first, because the course was financed by my current boss and I also had moral scruples to quit now, but on the other hand the new offer was very tempting.
    I then decided to terminate the contract, had to bear the costs myself immediately, so first I had to pay debts for it, and I also had very unpleasant conversations with my boss, who couldn't accept it.
    Ultimately, I stuck with the termination, paid the full course myself and then switched to the other company.
    On the day of the exam, everything was checked beforehand, i.e. whether you met all the requirements, including also paid the exam fees. And I had paid for it myself and at that moment I noticed my independence and my pride in having done it all.
    Today - in January 2020 - I look back on it and know that it was all incredibly important to me.
    [​IMG]

15. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

This was a tough challenge! 209 words.
    [​IMG]

16. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

This challenge was really hard for me. English is not my native language and my english skills are not good enough to write such a long text flawlessly. So I wrote my text in German and I used Google Translator to help to show the meaning of the text for you.

My german text has 384 words.

[​IMG]

"When I look back, there are certainly some situations in my life, which would fit the topic "Hindsight is 20/20". But first I thought that I had to lose a job first, that I can now work where I belong and feel really comfortable.

I have to explain that for health reasons I learned a new profession again in my mid-30s and didn't find a new job for a while. I was alone with my 2 young children often, because my husband worked on assembly and was only at home on weekends. That didn't make the whole thing easier.

However, a lecturer from my training recommended me to an employer and I was actually selected and hired after my application, interview, and trial work.

It was a huge change for me, as I had never worked in this industry before. I had to become an organizational genius with my children, to have always someone for them, since I had no regular working hours and sometimes had to work very early and other days very long. But I enjoyed it, even though it was really hard sometimes.

But I enjoyed being part of a team again, needed and valued, even though it was really tough at times.

After two years something changed within the company and several jobs were lost, unfortunately also mine. I was infinitely sad and cried a lot and could not imagine that I would find a job again so quickly. How did I miss my job and my colleagues.

After three months I heard from a small company in the neighboring town they were looking for someone in the job that I had learned. I applied, introduced myself and was ultimately accepted because I persisted and kept asking.

I have been working in this company for 13 years now, have regular working hours, a work area that I manage independently and very nice bosses and colleagues. My work is appreciated and I feel completely comfortable. I only have a 15-minute drive to my office and was able to look after my children again in the afternoon or wake up early in the morning.

If I look at it retrospectively, I am really grateful and happy today to have lost my other job in 2007. Otherwise I would not be where I am today."

17. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

Journaling about how my unexpected job loss turned into a blessing gifting me with time at home with my babies. :) (310 words)

[​IMG]

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am soooo not a good journaler, but I'm working on it! Loved the challenge!!
    221 words :)
    [​IMG]

19. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

I couldn't make the text surround the gaps inside and between the numbers, Photoshop wouldn't let me :cry.

[​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  20. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

[​IMG]

journaling reads (303 words):
    Our last house owning experience wasn't great. The house was nice enough…in Bird Island which is a nice small town with just enough amenities to make it not the boondocks, but still safe and you can walk lots of places. But life snowballed into not a fun time. I had undiagnosed and untreated depression….our relationship deteriorated….and the financial crisis of 2008 hit us. These three things caused us to lose the house (and we split up for a couple years).

Life moved forward and we fixed our relationship, I got my depression diagnosed and treated….and we lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment. Our boys were getting bigger and we needed more space. So…time to look at a house again. I was scared. I didn't want to go through the heartbreak of buying another house, making it a home and losing it again.

Cainan REALLY wanted to buy a house instead of rent. The boys wanted their own rooms and we wanted another dog. So, after looking at our finances, we figured out what we could spend each month on a mortgage and I decided that we could buy another house. We've learned some things since that first house buying: Live within your means is the biggest one. Know what you can spend and stay there. Don't let anyone influence you.

We bought this house just 4 months ago….it's a trailer house on a basement. It's certainly not perfect and I find myself wondering from time to time if it was the right decision. But it feels right and we are making it our home. Hindsight being what it is, I think we needed the first experience to truly learn the lessons we've learned to make this house buying – and home ownership- experience the good experience it's been. We are pretty happy here.