Must watch tv again and again

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jan 14, 2020.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

After watching the bbc series Sherlock for the sixth or seventh time, it got me wondering if any of you have any television shows that you can watch over and over again without getting bored with them? I always seem to notice something new when I watch Sherlock. Anyone else have a go to show when nothing else sounds good to watch? We also watch the Simpsons a lot.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love to rewatch Downton Abbey. I've also watch Games of Thrones a couple of times and probably will watch that all over again once I get season 8 on DVD (even if I don't love season 8). I haven't watched Sherlock... guess i better check it out if you love it that much! :agree

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I loved Sherlock. Thanks for reminding me about it. I’ve been watching the Forever series again during the winter break while waiting for all my usual shows to start up again. I wish it had more than one season.

I like watching the old macgyver shows again too. He’s so creative and handsome too! :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

Friends, Gilmore girls, Brooklyn 99...I watched game of thrones a lot, some lines I know until today....
    but lately I've been watching so many things, can't watch the old series again!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Sherlock, Ripper Street, The Office, and The West Wing.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I usually watch shows when I'm doing something else.... so, I do this with movies.... Marvel, World Ending Movies (like The Day After Tomorrow), Kingsman, etc....

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Series: Grimm. (Sooo wish for its return, but alas...) Mad About You - new and old versions, The Unit (and basically anything military/family based!) SEAL Team, Roseanne -don't like the new series without her. I've watched all of Anne of Avonlea due to the similarity of her personality with our daughter's.
    MOVIES:
    10 Commandments
    Alice in Wonderland
    Neverending Story

movies with The Rock, Denzel Washington, Hugh Jackman, Morgan Freeman, Johnny Depp( if not raunchy), in them.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Don't have a favorite female actress, LOL! I really go for the guys that are believeable and consumate actors, or are funny as in Dwayne Johnson's case.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We watch The Office every single day. I love to watch it while I'm cross stitching!

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

These are my kids favorites too! I like how you classify them.
    He loves a lot of disaster movies, and it doesn't have to be the whole world. Even part of the world like Dante's peak of good to him.

weaselwatchr and jk703 like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I can watch Sherlock over and over, both the BBC and the Johnny depp movies ( can't wait for the next one!)
    Gilmore girls & Veronica Mars are a favorite rewatch. I tend to watch a lot of repetitive shows because I put it on for noise while I do other things, so shows like flashpoint, Rizzoli and Isles, Bones, House all follow a predictable outcome. No need to pay a lot of attention to the show.

But movies are the easiest for me to rewatch like star wars and marvel and the Chris Pine Star Trek.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yes, Dante's Peak is one I'll leave on too! Armageddon, Deep Impact, Zombieland is a new fav! Godzilla, 2012, even Wall-E, lol! Love them.

bestcee and weaselwatchr like this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If it is on some cable channel and there is nothing else I'm interested in watching, I will always turn on Murder She Wrote with Angela Lansbury. And, I was really happy when WETV started running the original Law & Order shows last year. Loved the seasons 3 thru 14 especially (loved Jerry Orbach as Lennie Briscoe).

Any forensic type shows as well like Forensic Files, Snapped, etc... might say Discovery ID and Oxygen channels are on a lot in my house. HGTV and Food Channel are also good for background noise.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

The only thing I watch over again is Mary Poppins. I tend to only watch things once because there's so many things I'd love to see, and rewatching means less time for that. I'd rather spend my screen time scrapping, anyway.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

No I don't watch again as there are enough things I do like to keep me busy a lifetime. Between Netflix, Amazon Prime, my son's HBO and the library's "Kanopy" I'll never run out. I mostly like British shows and British/European crime shows and mysteries. (I anxiously await the next season of Jack Ryan!)

If I had to watch something again, it might be The Wire from years ago when it was on network and almost required watching for a Sociology class of mine. I'd love to watch it again with the subtitles so I can get more of the dialogue. Too much mumbling.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I don't really "rewatch" shows most of the time. I did rewatch all of Downton Abbey in anticipation of the movie coming out, and then when it did, DD's play was on, so I still haven't seen the movie! LOL I will put Friends, Big Bang Theory, Mom, or Two and a Half Men on in the background if I feel like having the TV on but not watching.

Two and a Half Men I only recently started watching and I've seen most of the episodes now, but the stations that play it tend to skip episodes or show them out of order, so I've got gaps in the story line. I finally set up a season pass to record them so that I can delete the 19 out of 20 or so episodes I've seen out of each batch and fill in a gap with the other. :p

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The Office and Parks & Recreation! Sometimes just for background noise. There are very few shows or movies that I can watch more than once, but those two for sure :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I watched Friends last year and I feel like I would totally watch it again.

weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  18. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I rewatch all 4 seasons of "Hart of Dixie" every summer or fall. I watched it for the very first time the summer after my son was born so it's a guilty pleasure + a nostalgia thing.

I watch bits & pieces of "All The Boys I've Loved Before" once every few months. It's very much a "comfort food" but in screen form thing for me. Imagine how excited I am that the sequel is coming out next month!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I like to rewatch my fave sitcoms like Friends, The Office, How I Met Your Mother.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I like to rewatch Gilmore Girls, Little House on the Prairie, Army Wives, Twilight.

weaselwatchr likes this.