autocorrect stories & an open apology | Pad Patter 17 Jan

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 17, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm sure I'm not the only one that looks at & writes comments about scrapbooking on their phone. There really needs to be a scrapbooking dictionary or plug-in or something you can import so you don't need to teach auto-correct a heap of words. I've commented on a whole lot of tree pages over the last week on my phone and I openly apologise to anyone that has received a weird or non-sense comment from me on their page. I don't know that I catch all the auto-correct errors before i hit 'post reply'.

I did catch a few this week that would have made tree page comments interesting. My phone seemed to think when I commented on someone's 'trunk' that I was talking about their 'truck'. I'm sure that would have baffled some people, although commenting about 'grass' (when I meant and originally typed 'gesso') might not have been such an obvious auto-correct typo!
    I also added 'vellum' to my dictionary this week, I can't remember what it auto-changed to but it was weird, and fortunately when I was leaving a comment on a Disney page, I saw that it changed 'Ooooh!' to 'Pooing!' because that would have probably got me banned as a Polly!

So what have you had to teach your phone not to auto-correct? Or have you had to make an apology because of an auto-correct typo? (I hope not, but I'd love to hear about it!)

klee73010 and Frumpje like this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

PUCK to DUCK It's EVERY... SINGLE... TIME!!!!!!! Bianca plays hockey so we text left and right during the game to parents that are not present to keep them updated.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

What annoys me more than the phone replacing the word wrongly is when it strangely capitalizes words for no reason I understand.

bellbird likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I know, it's bizarre when it randomly sticks capitals in the middle of a sentence, but what i shouldn't do but also do every single time is backspace the rest of the sentence, re-type the end half of the same sentence again and it just does the same capital thing again! you'd think i'd learn...

um well that one could have been far worse but lol!

Dalis likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

It does so many strange things that I can't keep up with them all. I'll try to remember to watch next time and see what it does.

bellbird likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Ha ha and on my laptop my s doesn’t always work so I comment on someone’s scrap page and we’ll you can guess what it sounds like when the s drops!! Lol I have to re read after it posts to fix as that has happened too many times!! Lol

cinderella, bellbird and QuiltyMom like this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

:compcoffee Pooing. Ha! Yes, I'm 12.

I rarely use my phone to do much of anything other than text as I really prefer to use my computer and the large monitors. But I will say that when texting, it always changes love to live. :furious

cfile and bellbird like this.
  8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Hey at least we are all in the same boat with autocorrect! Sometimes I catch them and sometimes I don't. I like to think whoever is reading knows it's autocorrect and not just horrible spelling/grammar, lol :heartlub

bellbird likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

So there is a curse word I use all the time to describe the current situation at work. Needless to say I use it so often that autocorrect has stopped correcting it to what I was not trying to say and finally leaves it as is. :lmao

bestcee and bellbird like this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yes @gonewiththewind What's with that?
    I also get random capital letters in the sentence.
    Love becomes live.
    You're becomes your and that one I positively hate.

gonewiththewind and bellbird like this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

it’s really bad when I use my ipad - fat fingers hitting the wrong key or I hit the words above the keyboard by mistake. Yesterday’s mistake was there instead of they’re when talking to a friend - she didn’t understand the mistake at first

bellbird likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What is it with phones and potty words? My phone tried to change party to poopy this week. :duh

AJK and bellbird like this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I typed "book" into Apple's message program and, even though I don't think I've ever typed the word, it changed the K to a B. And I didn't catch it because who would have thought that was a likely switch?

When a friend sent me a pic of our two kids playing, I typed "I love it!" ... But my phone changed "it!" to "you!" I quickly wrote back to her lol.

My DD's name is Genevieve. We call her Gen. It takes a long time for every new phone to stop trying to make "Gen" either "Ben" or "Jen." A few times it tried to make it "ten" (even though I'd hit the caps button for the G.) And DS's "Cal" becomes "Val."

bellbird likes this.
  14. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Mine always corrects a different word to duck - what is it with the ducking thing? :giggle

bestcee, bellbird and Dalis like this.
  15. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

For some reason my phone think 'love you' should be 'live toy'. There's a joke in there somewhere but I ain't touching it.

bestcee and bellbird like this.
  16. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I had to add an English keyboard to my cellphone, because if I try to write on my regular language ( Portuguese) it corrects every single word to Portuguese...it's really annoying!

but it doesn't matter what language, I get autocorrect typos all the time...

bellbird likes this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this happens to me all the time!
    i finally got the autocorrect to learn the word ric rac ( i think it used to autocorrect to picnic or something like that) - there are so many other scrapbook related words that i would type over and over and it would autocorrect to something else and drive me crazy!

bellbird likes this.
  18. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

No autocorrect for me!!! I hated it changing EVERY.SINGLE.WORD!
    But I love to laugh with all those autocorrect funny sentences others post

bellbird likes this.
  19. Dalis

Mine too! The word duck is very used in the texting world. LOL~~

Ferdy, bellbird and blueberries like this.
  20. Dalis

It also auto-correct the word you are thinking to DUCK. LOL!!!!

bellbird likes this.