MOC Goals

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by rchansen, Jan 17, 2020.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

We're supposed to get 9-12" of snow over the weekend here in Minneapolis.

Soooooo....my goal for the weekend is to get caught up on my MOC challenges. I'm stuck back on Anne's altered tags. I need to give myself the okay not to work chronologically and jus get my pages done!! :)

How's everyone else doing?

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

All caught up here!

rchansen likes this.
  3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have got to get caught back up! I'm quite a few challenges behind. I HAVE finally given myself that permission to work out of order. I have an early challenge that has me completely stuck! I'm sure I'll get it done at some point... but at the moment it was just impeding my progress... so I say skip around! :-)

rchansen likes this.
  4. Pachimac

I don't know if I could work out of order. I'm so OCD about being in order! LOL

rchansen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

That's usually me!!! For some reason this one particular challenge has me at a complete standstill... I just open up a new project and sit there staring blankly at it (for days at a time)! It's not even a hard challenge, I just can't come up with anything for it! So, I decided to skip it for now and come back to it.

rchansen likes this.
  6. Pachimac

Which one? Maybe us Pad People could brainstorm with you!

7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

We're due for the same over here in NE WI. I'm current with MOC; I want to finish my DYD layouts.

rchansen likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We are supposed to get some ice in the morning, but rain later. Good news is that it's a long weekend and I really need it. I'm about 3 behind right now and have to head out here in a few to my granddaughter's b'day party. It makes me seriously twitchy to post out of order but I still have the silhouette on hold as I just haven't had the time to work on getting a photo.

rchansen and blueberries like this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm behind, like 8? If dh is working all weekend, does that count as a long weekend? :giggle
    It'll be perfect, throw cereal at the kid and work away right?!?

In all honesty, I signed the kid up for parents night out at the gym so I can scrap uninterrupted for a few hours...:happyclap

10. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I have three to do, and then tomorrow's . . . but yup, snow expected here. I got supplies to make a pot of ham and bean soup tomorrow and plan to get caught up again.

rchansen likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've completed 1-10 and have to complete 11-17. Yikes! Gotta get a move on! We've got rain coming in with a huge cold front behind it. We'll drop into the 30's (since it's Florida, that's COLD) Tuesday/Wednesday. With Monday being a school holiday, I'm gonna take time off to scrap this weekend.

If you need some inspiration for the tags, I scrapped that layout Wednesday night at Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! You can watch it here:

rchansen likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I usually don't go out of order but I've had too this year just so I could get some done. I figure done is better than not done because I didn't want to go out of order. I'm 9 days behind but I don't think I'll be able to use the long weekend to catchup. The kids were out of school today for a teacher professional day and hubby worked half day from home. Then they'll be off on Monday too for Martin Luther King Day so they are cramping my scrappin style. I want to scrap and they want me to feed and entertain them. :giggle

Anne's altered tag challenge was my favorite challenge so far! I loved playing with all the stuff to make the cute tags. Cheryl did that challenge on Wednesday for her Watch Cheryl Scrap. I'm not sure if she's posted the recording yet. Don't let the tags psych you out though, just pick a kit you love and have fun piling all the stuff on the tags! Also looking through the challenge thread should give you some ideas too. I loved all the disney tags I saw there, but ended up using a rachel jefferies kit that I had just gotten. It was so fun to play. I also used a template and replaced the smaller photo spots with my tags so the layout came together pretty easily. HTH

[​IMG]

rchansen and blueberries like this.
  13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

LOL I **just** posted the recording for her while you were posting. :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I had a few pages I've been working on and finally just finished and posted two of them. I was also able to do today's challenge while listening in on a conference call (shhh, don't tell anyone I was multi-tasking, lol) ... which puts me behind by only one. I've been at work all week, so I haven't had a good opportunity to take a silhouette photo. I'm hoping I can do it over the long weekend. I did take a photo and start a page, but I'm not crazy about it.

rchansen likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i think i'm only 1 or 2 behind now but i'm more behind on the home front #MOClife

rchansen likes this.
  16. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

This is the first year I've ever been behind like this - and yes, I had to give myself permission to post out of sequence or it would have gotten worse. I'm about to post the vision board (which is the one that threw me so out of whack), and then just have to do the silhouette, the quote, and today's. Which, the silhouette might wait - I have a pic but it's pretty boring, so I might mess around with the others first.

Usually I'm pretty good about getting over myself and whatever is causing me grief and just pulling something out of my hat but that's not happening much this year. I'm trying, though, because awesome art is good, but finishing on time is even better.

rchansen likes this.
  17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I got 10 pages behind but I have been scrapping constantly (except for sleep, food, and a walk) since 3pm on Thursday. I am in a hotel with a friend and she is scrapping too. Tomorrow is another all day scrap and then we check out Sunday morning. Just 4 behind now...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I always start out scrapping and posting in order, but within the first week I lose that battle. I'm 4 behind. This weekend I need to do the Silhouette, Vellum, Quote, and Journaling/Hindsight challenges, plus whatever is posted over the weekend.

The Silhouette challenge has been the hardest so far, mostly due to cloudy weather and not being available to go take photos at the times the light is best for it. I tried to take one at the bus stop with my son this morning when the light was somewhat acceptable, but my phone wouldn't adjust correctly for it--the software kept adjusting for his face even as I tried to override it. I'm hoping it was a fluke and if I go out when the light is brighter it will work, but we'll see. I was able to take a tree silhouette a moment later (same place and same natural lighting), which is part of what makes me suspicious that maybe my phone is just too "smart" to allow me to take a silhouette photo where the person's face is entirely dark. If so, I guess I'll be using the real camera.

rchansen likes this.
  19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

i’m behind, hoping to knock one out tonight then hopefully one maybe two more tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to do a job application

rchansen likes this.
  20. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Six behind? Five? I don't know, they will get done.

rchansen likes this.