January 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by EHStudios, Jan 16, 2020.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

2. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thanks Elisa for this challenge!
    I don't like journaling at all and I had to force myself to tell my story!
    My journaling has 236 words!

[​IMG]

Pachimac and EHStudios like this.
  3. cestlafranz

cestlafranz Well-Known Member

Day 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 Journaling Challenge

[​IMG]

Products:
    Motivation Word Art by Sahlin Studio
    Bad Day Words & Stickers by Designed by Soco

Requirements:
    • journaling (right side only) sums up to 360 words excluding word art at the bottom
    • phrase "hindsight is 20/20" is included at the beginning of last paragraph
    • includes TLP product: bar code "stay strong" (left page) + word art "it's ok not to be ok" (right page)
    @EHStudios can you please check whether the page has enough TLP product? I know it's very minimalistic with only two elements and everything else just being the photo and text boxes, so I just want to be sure. Many thanks in advance!

djp332, wvsandy and EHStudios like this.
  4. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

324 words...whew!
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  5. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Well darn! I have actually been waiting all month for the journaling challenge. Have had a page waiting to be done for it ... problem is that hindsight does not play into it in any way! Now I will have to don the thinking cap!

crlin, EHStudios and cfile like this.
  6. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

541 words - I actually enjoy journaling. :-) And while I've talked about my subject before, it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the challenge.

[​IMG]

flowersgal likes this.
  8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Since you only used Lilypad elements you are 100%, so good to go! Off to read your page!

cestlafranz likes this.
  9. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I can't wait to see what you cook up!

10. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Great challenge. I am a storyteller and consider it an indispensable part of scrapping. Since I am doing letter size for this challenge my space was limited. I condensed the story to 216 words to fit the space. Layout complete but I can’t upload it yet as we are without Internet so far today! Ouch ..

cestlafranz likes this.
  11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

12. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Can I use a Swedish translation for Hindsight is 20/20 @EHStudios ?

EHStudios likes this.
  13. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Here's mine, thank you for this challenge, it was some sort of therapy for me to write down this story in this time of the year.
    [​IMG]

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Go big or go home.. lol- 475 words!
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  15. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

[​IMG]

The journaling is basically about the fact that if certain things weren't in place in the past that when our marriage was tested, we might not have made it. It's our very personal journey that is not public knowledge, so I feel reticent to share it. It's been okayed to have ghosted it as part of the background. I deleted details for this public journaling.

Basically, it says this:

There are decisions and actions that happen in our lives that we have no idea the importance of when they happen. Since 2011, my life has been one storm after another. The years between 2011 and 2015 had much to cry over, and much to challenge us. The pivotal point was on Christmas Day night, 2015, when my Mom was killed in a car accident. I went into a “functional” depression. I got up, I took care of things, but I was barely there. I stopped caring about my appearance, and stopped wearing makeup. I ate too much and gained nearly 40 pounds. I stopped praying, and just existed. During this time, my husband and I went through a very trying time in our marriage.

If God hadn’t paved the way, I would be writing this today as a divorced woman. In God’s providence, he placed things in our lives to stop this time from destroying us, and destroying our family.

Hindsight is 20/20 - and it’s also a time to look back and see just how much God loves us, and how he knows every choice and every action of our lives can be used for good. Today, 3 years later, our marriage is restored and renewed and our marriage is better than it has ever been. This storm woke us BOTH up, and shook us, and made us really choose eachother all over again. Through communication, hard work, and grace - God has renewed our marriage.

390 Words used.

Elements Used:
    Word art, girl in green, white flower, pink flower, foliage, white butterfly, black clouds, white scatter punches, Life is: Feeling Blue Collab
    background paper, butterfly, stitches, Life is: Feeling Grateful Collab
    Take a deep breath word art, Begin Again Heart Word art: "Turn the Page" elements
    Vintage Woman, "Thankful" word art, frame, Little Butterfly Wings, "I Am Blessed"
    "History Together" word art, One Little Bird "Between Us" elements
    Bathing suit girl, Wake Up girl, "I am Enough" word art: Paula Kesserling M3 May 18 Add on Ephemera and Girl Power Elements

lulyg14, EHStudios, AJK and 2 others like this.
  16. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

17. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

My theme for these pages is keep it simple. I thought and thought about what to write about. It came to me when it was time to cook dinner. Again. My 10 year old has a hollow leg, LOL! Thanks for the great challenge!
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  18. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

moc day 17.jpg
    Hindsight is 20-20 when 30 years have passed by in the blink of an eye. I wish I had documented all the silly, cute, sassy, brilliant things that my kids have said and done over the years. Maybe it's not too late. I used A Pennington's Life Unhinged paint and Scribbles, L Grieveson Life Adventure Blog Hop life adventure, Blog hop cluster, blog hop 3. K Aagard Life is an adventure Hop paint.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    EHStudios likes this.
  19. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

There are 378 words in my story.
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  20. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

EHStudios likes this.