Any other kit ideas?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jan 17, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Thinking of the “By the numbers” challenge - going to use it for a work contract job I just did making decisions on who and what ideas to fund out of 71 applications for the “Fund for Good” totalling way more money than the organisation had (which isn’t unusual). While it was a meeting in an office boardroom the majority of the work was done online and of course i’m focusing on the numbers within this job rather than the job itself.

I have two kit ideas but neither are totally right I don’t think

I have this already
    [​IMG]

and I have this in my wishlist (this was my first kit idea but now not sure)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. littlekiwi

I do also have these options too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Honestly, I think they are all good choices. I can see why you're having problems deciding! I do like all the office supplies in Kim's kit, though.

littlekiwi likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Jaimee's Office Space has an alpha with numbers, so you could easily use the numbers to create your "by the numbers" LO (if you wanted to use an alpha instead of a font to write them). I think the "Good things" WA would be great for the work the organization did. There's also a "#workspace" WA.

And if a lot of work was done online, then maybe use a computer/digital life kit?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    cfile and QuiltyMom like this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

All great suggestions and all would work Jennifer :) @littlekiwi

6. littlekiwi

Thanks @Tree City for your suggestions. The work was probably 40-50% online based then the remainder in person. Looking at your suggestions, the first two might work but Nerd Alert is a step or two too far I think for what I want.

I do actually have the perfect kit, it’s just not from here (I’d share details but don’t want to get in trouble for doing so) so it’s figuring out a next best option for the challenge.

Tree City likes this.
  7. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

The office space kit by Just Jaime is great. I have it and love it.

Also Like a Boss from @sahlink is a fabulous kit. The color scheme is fun and could easily be paired with some of her December Daily number sets to make an interesting “by the numbers” page.

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yeah, I read that in your other post. In my own scrapping, I like to think that if a kit isn't from TLP, then it isn't actually perfect. I look at/think about only TLP products. It simplifies things.

cfile likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

So hard when I’m trying to stick primarily to one kit for ease of getting the layouts done in time. I’m seeing bits I could use from each kit but just not quite enough to go that’s the kit I’ll start with or use.

10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I say be flexible and don't limit yourself to one kit.. stick with Just Jaimee or whatever designer and then in your search of your kits if you need a bow search for bow and get one to match and move on to the next element. That is what I do! :) Good luck!

Tree City likes this.
  11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

You can always do what's necessary for the TLP challenge, then afterwards go back and add the things you want from the other kit. I've done that many times. And I guess I'm used to scrapping with only one kit from all the CT work I've done. It's harder for me to pull from multiple kits, so I'm always in awe of you scrappers who can do that!

12. littlekiwi

Now this is by no means done but I am not sure what to add/subtract/change etc here and feel stuck - I've literally just dumped a whole pile of bits and pieces on my canvas hoping inspiration would come to me. The white background isn't a paper or anything, its just the way I've saved it

fund-for-good---moc-challenge.jpg
    Supplies are from
    Work in Progress by Just Jaimee
    Office Space by Just Jaimee
    Like a Boss by Sahlin Studio
    Highs and Lows by Sahlin Studio

Dollar sign by Lauren Grier
    Make a Difference by Kristin Cronin - Barrow (the two bottom word strips - would love to use the one around the idea of good if I could as the initiative is called fund for good)

Tree City likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Are you asking if it's within the 75%?
    If the "what a day" is a word art, you are good. If you add a background paper where the white is (could still be white) you are definitely good.

14. littlekiwi

@bestcee it is a piece of word art. I’m just struggling with a page design for this one so it’s more that i’ve dumped things might work then i’ve gone i’m not sure how to make what i’ve found work

bestcee likes this.
  15. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could find something to give you a base to work off. I'm thinking of something like a large stitched grid or a paint element under your photo. Then you could arrange the elements in and around your base.