Scrapping and Staying Healthy on the Blog TODAY

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 15, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Please pop over and take a gander! I love you guys, my sistas in scrap. Keeping or getting healthy is important. I blogged about it today!

keepscrappin and michelepixels like this.
  2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Great post Anne! I LOVE the idea of the treadmill desk. I totally need that!

I have found that drinking LOTS of water is the key...but it's soooo hard.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My husband's entire desk moves up and down. We got it at Ikea:
    [​IMG]

We also have a yoga ball chair that we pass between us throughout the day.
    [​IMG]

Um, sorry those images are huge!

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my gosh! I JUST requested that desk from my boss for at work yesterday! I've been dreaming of a stand up desk for YEARS. I sit pretty much all day and it's just murder on my bum/legs!! :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have been reviewing them for a while, the main thing is that it is easy to change, because standing all day is not good either...
    make sure your cords are able to be pulled up and down easily!
    I really want one in my house...my office is off the living room one side and kitchen/dining on the other and pool room (boys hang out) behind me. I love to come and do what I do, and if I sit, I lose hours!

Karen likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I’ve been wanting an adjustable desk too. I want something to sit on top of my current desk, be easy to adjust and look good. In the meantime I take my laptop to the kitchen island and stand there using it for awhile and then I sit at my desk for awhile and back a forth. I also like the idea of a treadmill desk. It would be nice if the treadmill also powered the TV. That way I’d have to be sure to keep walking so I could watch my shows! :giggle

Karen likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hubby has an adjustable desk at work and at home. At work, he stands from arrival at work at 7 am until early afternoon. Then he chooses to sit the remainder of the day. At home, he rarely moves it from the sitting position.

I don't have one because it wouldn't be feasible with my chronic back issues. I have quite a few, and one of them is severe spinal stenosis. This condition causes significant pain if I'm standing in one spot for over just a few minutes. It's better when walking, but even then, the pain increases if I don't stop and stretch frequently. As you can imagine, getting exercise becomes problematic and it's hard to lose weight.

At any rate, I do get up and move around frequently. I used to do something on the computer for 15 minutes and then get up and do something else around the house for 15 minutes. I didn't realize that this was similar to the pomodoro technique developed in the 80's (the inventor named it pomodoro which means tomato in Italian - he used a tomato shaped kitchen timer while in college). With this technique, you focus on a task for 25 minutes, setting a timer to make sure you stop. Then you take a 3 to 5 minute break. Once you've completed four 25/5 sessions, you can then take a 15 to 30 minute break. It's a great way to stay focused and get things accomplished, but it's really great for your body to keep moving! http://www.tomatotimers.com/ is a great site to follow this technique.

[​IMG]

And for those serious about getting water in, these bottles are great for making sure you drink consistently throughout the day! You can find a bunch of different kinds on Amazon and I'm sure you can find them at Target and Wal-Mart as well as other sports equipment stores.

[​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This one is pretty easy.
    I don't know if you can see the handle on the front? You just roll it up and down with the handle. It's fabulous because he's so tall, and it adjusts wherever he wants.