January 14 - Photography Technique Silhouette

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 14, 2020.

1. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

had to make a quick trip to the store, so I grabbed my camera and stopped @ at a nearby pond along the way ~ a silhouette & reflection of the trees ~ what my nephew would call, a twofer lol
    [​IMG]

rrred68 and Trish like this.
  2. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I gotta say, the layouts for this challenge!--- seeing the many approaches and creative thinking--WOW! I took the easy route, lol. I am inspired by these for the rest of MOC!

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I was lying down in the desert, fighting the sunset (I never realized how quick that sun moved down). I used my Iphone 6. Oldie but a goodie. My boys were making me laugh, they did regular poses, I said, no, I need gun shadow too. What? I had to show what I was taking and how it looked on phone. I did while laying on ground, them looking at screen. OOOOoooh, okay, finally got the shot! I will say, my amazing boys then helped me from the ground.
    [​IMG]

Happy Mama, rrred68, LynnG and 2 others like this.
  5. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

6. ellenruberg@home.nl

ellenruberg@home.nl Well-Known Member

Day 14 Photography Technique Silhouette

[​IMG]

Credits;
    Lynn Grieveson - Big Fade out template
    PRD - Goodtimes papers
    Paislee - Presslines
    SC - Captured for life elements

SeattleSheri likes this.
  7. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Wow, I learned a lot from this one. Hope it's okay. @bestcee pLMK if it counts. Thanks!!!
    [​IMG]
    Here's the non-silhouette:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  8. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

No. I used my cellphone. I staged it against a lamp with a soft light.

bestcee likes this.
  9. nessita

nessita Well-Known Member

10. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I tried a couple outside and they didn't work very well, so I moved to our basement and used a projector for a light source. It was so much fun! It was probably more fun for me than my model but he was a good sport about it most the time haha I have a bunch of silhouette photos to play with now :) might even use one for another MOC challenge! Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone Courtney.
    [​IMG]

LynnG, angels and bestcee like this.
  12. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    LynnG likes this.
  13. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

I have an older silhouette photo with my dog which I really like. I have taken it in the same place as the photos on this page. I tried to make a similar photo, which was impossible as the foreground is too dark due to the missing snow.

[​IMG]

14. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! I appreciated the helpful links that you posted. I've been inside and outside trying to capture silhouettes. It's kept me occupied over the course of these past two winter days. Thanks:)
    [​IMG]

15. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I took the photo of myself by myself by doing an AE Lock on my phone then using the timer.
    [​IMG]

LynnG and bonnenuit like this.
  16. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Fun challenge. Pics all taken from the car....:)

[​IMG]

rrred68 likes this.
  17. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

Due to health issues, I'm not able to go walking around to take photos. So, I had to take photos in my tiny back yard with my cell phone. Luckily, the sun was in the right place, and it stayed out just long enough for me to get a photo! Shortly after this, the clouds took over. Nothing was working out inside the house. This was the best I could do!

[​IMG]

angels likes this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I think I've answered any questions. If you had a question that I didn't get answered, please repost it and tag me.
    I love all the pages I'm seeing so far! Thanks for playing with silhouettes with me.

19. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

we were getting ready to catch the ferry home after our hike and I loved the way the sky was coloured and the reflection on the water.
    [​IMG]

angels and bonnenuit like this.
  20. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

It Took Me Awhile To Get This Layout Done...But Finally Done...I Could Have Finished This Layout Yesterday If I Could Have Used A Really Cool Silhouette Photo That I Already Had...But Upon Reading The Rules I Was ...Like..O.K...So I Had To Wait...Til Today...I Was Staring Out The Window Thinking About What I Could Take A Photo Of...I Started Staring At Some Trees Across The Street...They Were Barren & The Sky Was Grey...But Eventhough It Was Grey Outside...There Was A Real Bare Beauty In Seeing Them At Their Most Vulnerable...[Without Leaves That Is]...I Thought That They Would Make Great Silhouette Photos If Done Properly...So Away I Went...I Can't Say That There Are The Best Photos I Have Ever Taken...But I Looked At Them & I Smiled...I Saw Their Natural Beauty...& How It Made Me Feel "Blue"...Blue That They Lost Their Leaves...But A Happy Kind Of Blue That I Discovered Them In Their Natural Beautiful State...

*For My Sometimes I Feel Blue Layout-I Used:*Life Is:Feeling Blue-Kit & Extras-Little Butterfly Wings*

[​IMG]

rrred68, LynnG and angels like this.