So this is me: Franzi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by cestlafranz, Jan 13, 2020.

1. cestlafranz

cestlafranz Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Franzi and after lurking around for two weeks finally found the courage to introduce myself. Somehow I got attracted by the "Month of Challenges" banner on the store homepage, signed up and though, well what can go wrong? Now two weeks later, I find myself addicted to the daily challenges ... like seriously: I completed today's challenge twice. Even though I'm still kinda freaking out about doing it digitally. So 95% of the stuff you'll see me do is most likely hybrid. I love my album, I love to touch the paper, I love the mess and sticky fingers from glueing down the tiniest of elements and I find fuzzy cutting relaxing (I do have a cameo but never use it).

So while I figured out how to navigate and upload what I need for the MOC, I still struggle with all the jargon and stuff... what's the difference between all the template types (stackable, filled ... simple, ok, I get simple)? How do the normal challenges work? How do I behave in a forum (this is the first forum I ever joined)?

By the way: On the other side of this screen, aka in real life, I'm just a girl who likes to lift heavy things, to craft memories, to grow my own veggies, to laugh (a lot) and who just loves to be outside. To finance all that I work as a Senior Project Manager in Software Development Consulting. Originally from Berlin, I lived in The Netherlands and UK before I settled in Leipzig twelve years ago where I share my live with my boyfriend and our nine bicycles.

Thanks for reading, thank you for the warm welcome, the likes and comments I have already received, and thank you to the hosts for putting together such an awesome project as MOC!

Franzi

CaroB71, Rikki, katell and 6 others like this.
  2. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Welcome Franzi!! You have a beautiful gallery, I'm so glad to see you here and MOC is a great way to involved!

cestlafranz and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Lovely to meet you Franzi :) I love your layouts - they have caught my eye in the gallery and it looks like you're doing great! As for the forums, just jump in as and when you like. Everyone here is very friendly and we love to welcome a new face. Enjoy MOC !!!

cestlafranz likes this.
  4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

So nice to "meet" you! You've definitely picked a great time to join!

Off to check out your gallery now...

cestlafranz likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome, Franzi!! We're so happy you joined us!

cestlafranz likes this.
  6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Hi Franzi! So glad you are joining in! Your gallery is wonderful!

Scrappable Stackables are a relatively new product line here. They are a collaboration between Lynn Grieveson (a designer here) and The Nifty Pixel (Em aka Justagirl) who is one of our Pollywogs (site creative team). It's a very specific style of page with a lot of depth and with enough product as part of the page that you could just add photos and journaling and call it done if you like, as opposed to typical templates that simply use solid color shapes to indicate placement for most items.

A "filled" template is just a template with lots of layers and lots of "stuff" to fill the page.

In months other than January, there will be eight challenges posted. They are all posted at the beginning of the month except the BYOC challenge which is posted to coincide with that month's BYOC (Build Your Own Collection) release, which happens on the first Friday of the month. You can earn coupons for completing a certain number of challenges within the month. You will find the guidelines posted for those in the subforum for each month. The ones from this past December are here. Some of the designers also have their own separate challenges with their own schedules and guidelines. You can find those here.

Just join in whatever conversations interest you! :) If you want to address someone specific directly, you have a higher chance of them seeing your comment if you tag them by typing @ followed immediately by their username, like this: @cestlafranz

Hope that helps! Welcome! :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome Franzi - glad you are joining in on the MOC challenges this month.

cestlafranz likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to TLP Franzi. It's always a good time to join TLP, but jumping in during MOC is awesome!

cestlafranz likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

First, welcome to TLP!

Second, everything that @KimJ said!

Third, I'm Cheryl, my forum name/scrapper name is gonewiththewind, but my design name is Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs. I typically create "filled" templates but also created a more simple version - I called the Dressed Up or Dressed Down. For the digital scrapbooker, templates are like sketches to the paper scrapper. :) You can absolutely use templates to clip paper to the various shapes, print them out, and assemble a hybrid page or you can just use it as a sketch.

We hope you'll enjoy being challenged to try new things and stay and create with us after MOC is over!

cestlafranz and KimJ like this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

welcome to the Pad, Franzi!! perfect time to join the forum and challenges!!

cestlafranz likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome! Your gallery is gorgeous. I'm so glad you jumped into MOC!

cestlafranz likes this.
  13. cestlafranz

cestlafranz Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for the warm werlcome and especially to @KimJ and @gonewiththewind for the clarifications to my questions. :D

gonewiththewind and KimJ like this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome Franzi!! You have a lovely gallery and we are so glad you have joined us!!

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi Franzi!
    Welcome to the Lilypad MOC! It's a great time to jump right in and play. Fussy cutting can be very relaxing. Except when I'm in a hurry! Then it's annoying and I want my cameo to do the work.
    It looks like all of your initial questions were answered. If you have any more, just ask!

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Franzi!! Welcome to TLP! You jumped in at such a great time! Your gallery is beautiful! Looking forward to getting to know you better!!

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to TLP, Franzi! Glad to have you join us!

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You would never know this is your first forum! I've noticed lots of your amazing hybrid pages in the gallery already and you look like a pro! :) So, just keep doing what you're doing and come chat with us in the forum whenever you want. If you run across a specific question, just ask. We're all here to help!

As far as your question about the templates... here's the difference:

simple template = minimal elements and paper, lots of white space
    filled template = LOT of everything, but not a lot of white space
    scrappable stackables = gorgeous clusters and layers, with realistic shadows built in.

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

and for the normal monthly challenges, we have only 8 per month. Normally that's plenty, but after MOC a lot of people finish them in 8 days and go stir crazy. :giggle There are also designer challenges sprinkled in over the month for people who want extra challenges, with more chances at freebies.

20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Franzi, and welcome to the Lilypad! So glad you jumped in and introduced yourself. You have an amazing gallery! I'm in awe of hybrid (and paper) scrappers...I never have the courage to actually commit to a page like you have to do with hybrid. With digital, we can change everything over and over until we are satisfied!

Good luck with MOC and hope you join in on our regular monthly challenges starting in February!