January 8 - Build Your Own Tree

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Challenges' started by bellbird, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

such fun!

[​IMG]

bellbird and KarenW like this.
  2. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

3. ellenruberg@home.nl

ellenruberg@home.nl Well-Known Member

Day 8 Building your own tree

[​IMG]

Credits
    Just Jaimee - GoSeeDo (BG paper)
    LBW - Carpe Diem extra's (border & paint)
    Lynn Grieveson - Mess with ink brushes, arty mess brushes, leafy stamps, november (flower)
    Amy Wolff - Messy paper & stamps
    PRD - new beginnings (flower)

bellbird likes this.
  4. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for his awesome challenge! I had so much fun with it!!

[​IMG]

SeattleSheri and bellbird like this.
  5. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

You can probably tell I really enjoyed this challenge. I love greenery :)
    [​IMG]

bellbird, angels and tammybean004 like this.
  6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

This was so much fun, it was hard to stop! I was totally inspired by my yoga loving ex-boss, who used to always say to me when I would get bent out of shape at work ..."Be the tree Amanda, be the tree!"
    [​IMG]

bellbird and tammybean004 like this.
  7. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

It 's a very creative challenge! i'm a bit "dubitative "at the beginning but i like my lo :-D which represents the sea (i live not so far) and birds ....the life!
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  8. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Hopefully you can see my tree- the vertical papers are my trunk, then the canopy of branches, leaves & flowers spread above our heads.
    [​IMG]

bellbird and angels like this.
  9. jetjez

jetjez Swim the deepest ocean

10. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

11. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

12. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

I hope my tree is visible... used hearts and threads
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  13. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

14. latz

latz Well-Known Member

Here's mine;
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  15. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

This was really fun! Thanks for the challenge!

Tree-Building-Challenge.jpg

bellbird likes this.
  16. KarenT

KarenT New Member

January 10, 2020. Each new year brings with it challenges, tests, things to overcome, things to learn from, experiences that are tough but that will make me see parts of me that I haven't noticed for a while, if ever. God has brought me to this place and time in my life, and he will bring me through it. It is only by his grace that I am here, and by his grace that I live the life I do. This year will be a tempering of my soul, focusing me back on God's will for me in this new time in my life and our life as a family. I struggle every day with relationships that I no longer am a part of, family that I no longer communicate with, and the shame and guilt I feel because I was the one who chose to break off communication. I long for restoration of those broken relationships, but that can only come when I have grown and the others concerned have grown, too. I realize that that day may not ever come, and that makes me sad, but I know that it's for the best because I have already grown so much in different ways than I would've if things hadn't turned out the way they did. My counselors over the years have told me to look for the gold in the experiences I've been through. What are the lessons? What are the things that bring me joy from that experience, relationship, memory, that I would not have known otherwise? That is what I need to focus on. Some days are harder than others. Some days I can only see the scars. Other days, I can see the light shining through, illuminating the beauty that is my brokenness, because it is through being broken that God can put the pieces together again in a way that makes sense and restore me in him. I can not do this alone. I must trust God, trust that he knows what he is doing, and let go of what I thought things would be like. That's the only way that I'll see how things can truly be. God has better things in store for me, for us, for the world. I just have to let him steer me to where he wants me to go, and follow his lead. He has placed me in solid relationships with my family of choice: my husband, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, niece, my uncle, and others. Things are still rocky between me and my dad, but they will always be. Things are broken between me and almost all members of my mom's family, except for Nancy & Jana. Things may be getting better though, now that Dana has reached out and invited us to her wedding. I'm looking forward to seeing extended family again, even if it means dealing with those people who caused me pain in the past. I'm learning each day to process more and more of what happened, learning to accept the past and take what I can from it to rebuild my present and future.

I used a paper from “Butterfly Bits 1” by Little Butterfly Wings, paint & an element from “All About Me” by Little Butterfly Wings, word art from “All About Me” by Bella Gypsy, a paper from “All About Me” by Grace in Color, an element from “All About Me” by Rachel Jefferies, scatter from “Minutes to Midnight” by Kristin Aagard, and a border from “INSD Doodled Borders” by Just Jaimee.

[​IMG]

17. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

Whew! Finally licked this one!

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  18. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

Jan 8 - Build Your Own Tree
    Once I figured out my direction, this came pretty easy. AND once @AnneofAlamo pointed me in the direction of a great kit (Roadscape) it definitely made the going easy. I used paint, signs, barbed wire (puppet-warped), and road lines to create my tree. I like to think the bolt nuts represent some type of berry. Thanks for the challenge!

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-8-build-your-tree.416995/

Jan 8 - Build Your Tree.jpg

bellbird and AnneofAlamo like this.
  19. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Well this was fun! <3
    [​IMG]

bellbird and angels like this.
  20. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

Not my usual type of page and didn’t turn out how I envisioned but I’m ok with it.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.