MOC 2020 - Q&A

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by mrs2a50, Dec 30, 2019.

1. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response. See next post.

2. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

I did but I did not agree with her request. She said I did not have 10 frames but I did. I specifically counted-recounted and triple counted.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi! Sometimes a host can't clearly see the requirements on a page, so they make ask for clarification. The host for that challenge is located in the Netherlands, so the time difference might play into the response time more. As a host, we do try to respond as soon as possible, but we do have lives that sometimes interfere with scrapping time!
    Let's give her a chance to respond.

bellbird likes this.
  4. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

I am not rushing a response-but the question still stands. This is for questions and answers. I am confused about what to do if I try to comply but my layout is not accepted. This is an important question for me because as it becomes closer to the deadline you do not have days to wait for a response. I understand that everyone is not on the internet all the time-that was the reason for the question in the first place. What do you do if that person becomes unavailable?

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hi there! We always strive to find a solution that is acceptable to everyone - hosts, scrappers and the other participants. Please understand that if the host requests that you make a revision to your page, it's to ensure that it fully complies with rules in a way that's fair to everyone, including the other participants who have fully complied. Without knowing the specifics of the issue, I cannot give you a definitive answer. But we will never NOT respond in a way that's very clear as to whether your page complies or not. If it does, we will let you know that the issue was clarified and all is good. If it doesn't, we will allow you time to make revisions prior to the end of MOC.

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  6. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

Thank you for the answer. That is what I was trying to find out. I had a layout before that was questioned on the 30th.I was not sure how to resolve it before the deadline. I just didn't want the same thing happening this year.

7. mrs2a50

Obviously, the later the challenge, the harder it is to get to everyone quickly. Sometimes the question is simply to clarify something that isn't obvious to the host. It's why we ask that everyone read the guidelines closely, and be very clear in their credits what was used where.

8. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

Thank you again. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. It resolves it for me.

9. Ladezzi

Ladezzi New Member

This is my first MOC, and I have two questions (well, two for now):
    1) do textures, masks, and overlays count as elements?
    2) when listing sources/materials used, do I list non-Lilypad materials?
    Thanks!

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Hi! Welcome! In general I would say that all of the items you listed would count as elements, but if you are uncertain about whether they meet the requirements of a particular challenge, you can always ask the host. If you list out clearly in your credits what items you've used to meet each requirement it will help the host see what you have done and check it off or spot any needed adjustments. :agree

And, yes, please list the designer of any non-Lilypad items as well, just no offsite linking. :-) Your MOC layouts may be up to 25% non-TLP or retired (no longer in the store) TLP product.

mrs2a50, bellbird and bestcee like this.
  11. mrs2a50

Welcome! Yes, what Kim said!

cfile likes this.
  12. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Needing clarification- The enamels from the challenges in 2019, that were packed up and gievn out...those do NOT qualify as true TLP store product/designer, correct?

I want to use some on a page, and want to make sure I have my real TLP 75%+

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If they are not available in the store they do not count towards the 75%. Does that help?

bellbird, bestcee and mrs2a50 like this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Good question & we appreciate you asking & trying as hard as possible to make 75%+ TLP product pages to make it easier on hosts - Do you mean the pins shared in the TLP pin exchanges? I believe they would not count as they are not in-store as is, however any you made yourself using Mommyish's pin makers would count - @bestcee would you agree?

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Like @Karen and @bellbird said, the pins from the exchange wouldn't count. They are not in the store or by TLP current designers. Making your own using Mommyish's style falls in the styles and brushes.

bellbird likes this.
  16. Smileark

Smileark Well-Known Member

In previous years, I've had almost all of the hosts comment on or like my page in the thread and I always took that to mean my page met requirements. This year, I have several that haven't commented or liked but I can see they've commented or liked someone's page that posted after mine so can I assume that my page met the requirements? I just don't want to all of a sudden wake up to several comments that I need to fix something with only a couple days left. Thank you for the help and advice!

Aerobigirl likes this.
  17. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have had the same feelings about two of my pages but I also assume because the hosts have not contacted me that my pages are correct.
    @mrs2a50 Julie can you please confirm this for us,Thankyou

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

@A-M @Smileark As a challenge host I typically like the post in my challenge thread after I've commented on each layout. I personally am checking each layout for my requirements as I go and I will contact people if I notice something that will make their page not qualify as complete. We all do our very best to catch anything that could disqualify a page and make you not finish. Us commenting and liking your page doesn't guarantee that we didn't miss something, but it's a pretty safe bet that if we've done that and we haven't contacted you, you are good to go.

If you have a layout that you're concerned about, feel free to contact that day's host as long as you've given them at least a couple of days to get caught up. It's awesome that we have hundreds of people playing along and I know it tooks me several days to get caught up after my challenge went live. :nod Does that help answer your questions?

A-M and keepscrappin like this.
  19. mrs2a50

@A-M @Smileark - Typically, the hosts do use commenting, or "liking" the page in the thread as an indicator that they have approved the page. I will say that I am BURIED in compliance for my challenge, and am still working through them. I started out commenting on all of them, and realized quickly that I would need to simply do a visual review so that I could be sure I was able to see all the pages. I'm still not done yet :( As Karen mentioned, if there's a particular page you're concerned about feel free to contact the host.

However, I do want to gently remind everyone that while we strive to review and confirm compliance with the pages/product used, it is still up to the scrapper to make sure their pages follow all the rules of the challenge.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    A-M, keepscrappin, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

In my case, it's taking me a bit longer than other years because I am working full time to go through all the entries. I have to also add that sometimes I get notifications during my lunch hour to my phone and I can "like" it from there without having to log into TLP and go through the thread. This makes me be LIKING pages way past when someone posted because that is what got pushed into my phone. If you are not sure about a challenge, read it again and if you are still not sure if you are complaint sent a message to the creator of the challenge.

mrs2a50 and A-M like this.