Coffee on So Many Favorites! MOC day 2 Talk 2 me!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 3, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

But not at Starbucks! I think their's tastes burned. Yuck.

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Verona :) I also get decaf House for the afternoons :) I have tried other brands when they have been out, and I got snobby with Coffee as I don't like it LOL!

janedee likes this.
  3. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

No coffee for me thank you - tea all the way!

AJK likes this.
  4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

coffee ... yes please ... only black ...
    my expresso machine is the most used device in the kitchen ...

sometimes I drink a cappuccino with frothed milk ...

I am crazy about coffee cups .. not the big mugs ... but nice little cups with a matching plate ...

janedee likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I never did acquire the taste for coffee.

bestcee and AJK like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I drink a pot of decaf English Typhoo every morning with two packets of stevia for the pot. Then at about 11ish I have a cup of decaf Green Mountain breakfast blend. I haven't found any other coffee as cheap as that at Amazon and have mine with about an ounce of sugar free Vanilla creamer. I'd be happier with a decaf stronger blend but try to find that in K-cups. Oh yeah, I don't want to pay $1.00 a cup though!

At Starbucks? well I only go Mon & Fri when my friend and I walk. She gets a quad venti with 3 sweet and lows and I get a tall iced water. She buys my water! LOL Way way too many calories in so many of the specials there so I'm happy with my at home coffee.

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@bestcee Oh I KNEW there was a reason that I liked you so much!!!:rollin

bestcee likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I drink orange tea with milk at home 3x plus per day.
    When I am out and about I will have a single shot of espresso in a cappuccino.

9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Oh total addict here! I even make a cup after kids are in bed- it's weirdly relaxing & doesn't affect my sleep at all!

I like mine dark (tully's french roast is my favorite!) with either a splash of cream or a little whipped cream. But NOT much cream at all- that's the worst part of ordering drinks at coffee stands- they put in WAY too much cream!

At Starbucks- I order a grande americano with 2 pumps of sugar free cinnamon dolce & a TEENY TINY splash of cream or I say tiny bit of whipped cream. During the Fall- I like to get my americano with 1 or 2 pumps of pumpkin ;)

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:compcoffee:bk

11. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Folgers 1800 Trailblazer (dark roast, sooo good) at home is my jam, with heavy cream only. When I order at sbux (super rare), I order a Flat White (keto friendly) :) Every once in a while i like Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce in the coffee maker just to switch it up.

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Count me as another "Favorite Thing" coffee layout. :) I like cream in my coffee at home, and lately my drink of choice at Starbucks is a Chestnut Praline latte. It isn't as sugary-sweet as other drinks, plus it has a winter-y feel.

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I like the smell of coffee, if I add a bunch of milk (like at least 50% of the cup is milk) I can drink it but I also prefer it cold :shrug otherwise English breakfast tea if you're buying, thanks ;-)

14. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

I like my coffee, but I can live without it!
    I like a little coffee and a whole lot of sugar and creamer! :) I like it to be light in color.

I don't do Starbucks. I LOVE Tim Horton's but they are only up here in the North. :( Starbucks intimidates me. I've only been in there 1 or 2 times total in my life! My girls have been given giftcards there in the past, and I'll tell them to get smoothies or something. They have enjoyed it, but we are all Tim Horton's people at heart!

15. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I'll join you with the English breakfast tea. I usually just have plain old Lipton black tea, but I like to splurge on English Breakfast or Lady Grey.

bellbird likes this.
  16. lealawson

lealawson Well-Known Member

I haven't finished my layout yet, but it definitely includes coffee. At home, I drink it with vanilla bliss creamer.

I have 2 Starbucks orders. Hot caramel macchiato with 1 pump vanilla and half the caramel. OR a vanilla sweet cream cold brew with 2 shots of vanilla, extra cream. :)

17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Love my coffee. I usually have 2 cups every morning with half-n-half. I do only real dairy in my coffee and will go black if only non-dairy creamer is available.

We have a Keurig for convenience and a variety of coffees. I prefer Doughnut Shop, Wild Blueberry, and Just Black (by Black Rife). We have a coffee subscription from Black Rife. I am not gun-toter but their coffee kicks.

Our French Press makes the best coffee (Don Pablo brand from Costco is the bomb), but I rarely take the time to heat up water for it.

I rarely get coffee out, so no Starbucks for me.

And I haven't done my layout yet, but I did make my list and I forgot to include coffee...

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh yeah! Another coffee addict here - usually some cream and that is it. I'm not a fan of anything sweet being in my drinks. I'll drink it black if a flavored or sweet creamer is all that is available, but prefer plain cream. I like my coffee medium - not too dark or bold.

19. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'll refrain from the "I like my coffee how I like my men" joke :-D

Extra strong, heavy on the cream and sugar. My current favorite is Folger's Black Silk, but only because the Puerto Rican/Cuban/espresso coffee I prefer is too strong for my mom. (I got all excited when Folger's put out the Noir line but I don't find it to be any better.) When I'm feeling fancy - usually at night, after the house is quiet and everything's done - I'll add half a shot of whatever orange liqueur I have on hand. If I don't have any I'll add a few drops of orange extract.

As for Starbucks, other than the bottled cold coffee drinks I don't usually partake; I'm team Dunkin' Donuts (large with extra extra cream and sugar, or a Coolatta).

And now I'm going to go get my first cup of the day ...

*edited cos I forgot: the absolute best strongest coffee is Valhalla Java Odin Force Blend from the Death Wish Coffee Company, but my busted up GI system refuses to allow it. But if you like it strong, you can't go wrong.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Just remembered this oddity about my husband and coffee. Pre cancer, he drank a pot and probably two extra cups of Starbucks Sumatran. Black. Then once he was home from all treatments and on the mend, he went back to that brew for a day or two and found it tasted awful. (It always did Dick...!!!) so now he still drinks the Sumatran half-caf which he mixes himself with TWO tsps of sugar and half and half for each cup. Amazing.