Welcome to MOC 8!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by lmccandless, Dec 31, 2019.

1. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

Yippee!! So excited. I jumped onto The Lilypad (ha! just caught my own pun) in January 2016 looking for inspiration to get some scrapping done. I found a lot more when I saw MOC! I didn't think I'd get all 31 done, but did and have enjoyed MOC (plus challenges throughout the year) since. Looking forward to knocking out another one. :)

Then I was a SAHM to 2 with no pets. Now I'm working full time and my "babies" are 5 and 10. We have a 15yo dog (inherited after my in-laws passed) and a 7 month old kitten. Love to travel. A tad Disney obsessed.

Looking forward to the fun and seeing all of your great pages!

bellbird and Lisa B like this.
  2. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Good morning and Happy New Year! I'm so glad to be here and that MOC8 is underway. This month always inspires, challenges and gets me started on scrapping in a really great way. I believe this is my third year.

I'm a full-time, working mom with three daughters and an awesome husband who supports my scrapping habit! We are a Upper Midwest US hockey and jazz family, as two of my 3 play the sport and one the music. I can't wait to see what this year's challenges bring. Now, to grab some coffee and gear up ...

bellbird and Lisa B like this.
  3. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

It’s so interesting to read about everyone! I didn’t realize we have so many people from outside the United States. How fun!

I have completed all but the first MOC and I look forward to this every year! February 1st is a bit of a let-down without a scrap challenge! I live in Texas with my three kids (14,12 and 10) and a husband of 22 years who rarely gets in the photos. Our marriage is 22 years old, not my husband, mind you....

I can’t wait to see what this MOC will inspire me to create!

-Meg

bellbird, rlucasmn and Lisa B like this.
  4. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

Hi all, my name is Fran and my first MOC was last year. I didn't finish due to an overwhelming work load, but hope to finish this year since I have since retired. Can't wait to see every ones layouts.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Hi All! I'm Anne, the first MOC brought me so much joy and happiness, and I loved every single day. The friendships I made that year and every year since then has amazed me. This is my 8th MOC. I have finished every single one, and gone on to do hundreds of pages each year! Pure creativity explosion of pages happen!
    Remember, there is a POLLY spot for ONE (sometimes even more) picked from the peeps that finish all 31 challenges. This is how I became a POLLY, eight years ago!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi everyone!!
    So glad to see you and and get to know you a little better!! This is my 7th MOC. I was scared to try the first year because I do work full time and wasn't sure I'd be able to stay in it. I tried the second year and figured out that the best way to approach it was to not over think the challenges, just dive in. I've completed every one since that second one and this is my 4th as a Polly.

A little about me... I have been digiscrapping since 2006. so about 13 1/2 years. I live in southern West Virginia with my hubby, youngest son, dog, and 2 cats. I have two grown children and 4 grandchildren. I am in my 31st year of teaching High School Special Education and hope to retire in the next few years :)

7. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm Jenn. I've been around digi for well over a decade. I've done and finished a few MOCs in my time and enjoyed them each time. I'm really hoping this is the creative reboot I need to get myself back into the scrappy habit as my 2017 album is desperate to be complete. lol

I work as a data analyst and am addicted to all things planner related (which has really derailed my scrapbooking habit) :) I currently live in Upstate NY with my husband, Matt, and our adorable, fiesty kitty, Bootsie.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all meet your goals for this MOC!

8. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

hi girls! I'm Ferdy around digiland, I've been digiscrapping for about 12/13 years, with a couple of years of hiatus in the middle when I had to deal with some personal problems.

been back in 2017, and now this will be my third MOC, hope to complete it!

I'm from Brazil, I live in a city called Santos, near São Paulo, with my fiance - no kids or pets, but I have a baby grandniece to make cute pages!
    I'm so excited for this MOC, thank you so much Laura, Julie and Pollys for the challenges and the hard work!

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi everyone, welcome to the 2020 MOC! I'm Rae aka bcgal00 around digi-land. I've participated in MOC as a member and a polly. I'm on the west coast of British Columbia Canada, was a paper scrapper for years before switching to digi, about 7 yrs ago. I have learned something new each year by particpating in the MOC challenges and I can't wait to get at it! This is going to be a fun-filled month of adventure! Have fun and can't wait to see everyone's pages fill up the gallery!

10. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

Hi everyone! I'm Mandy and this is my 4th MOC. I've been scrapping since 2005. I live in Arkansas (USA) with my husband and 3 kids. I'm so excited about MOC and (hopefully) getting my creativity off to a good start this year.

11. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

Hi, I've completed the last 2 MOCs and am ready for the third one!!
    I'm married, 3 children + 1 grand-child.
    I live in France and I started digi scrap 3 years ago (after being a paper scrapper during 8 years).
    It will be a pleasure to see your interpretations of all the incredible challenges that they will have prepared for us.
    Enjoy!

rlucasmn and Lisa B like this.
  12. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

So fun! I think I have managed to complete 3 MOCs and have participated in 1 additional MOC. These are so much fun and really push me to create a ton of layouts! I love the challenges! I have been digiscrapping since 2006. I started paper scrapping in 1996. I have been a lover of photos and family stories literally my entire life. I have two married sons and their wonderful lives. Three grandson and 1 granddaughter ranging from 3 to 8 years old. They are my main subjects these days! Can't wait to get started!

13. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Hi everyone! I am not sure on how many MOCs I've done but I do know that I didn't finished last year... :(
    So my main goal is to do that this year - and I AM SUPER FREAKIN´EXCITED THIS YEAR!

Oh, I was supposed to share some things about myself as well....hehehe!
    I live in Sweden with my hubby and our two dogs. We have two kiddos that have left the nest. I am 47 and I work as a teacher. I am addicted to Star Wars, tea, coffee, crafting of all kinds, Harry Potter and reading. I've been digiscrapping since 2007 and I am still learning.

Hope to get to know you more! <3

Lisa B likes this.
  14. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Hi, I'm Jlynn. I had to actually go back to my gallery and check - I couldn't remember how many MOCs I've participated in. Looks like I started in 2016. So this will make my 5th! Completed every one of them! wow! I love MOC. It's a really great way to start the year trying to get caught up and on a roll for the year on getting pages done!

I use Artisan so it's sometimes a challenge to convert the special challenges but I've always been successful with the help of other great scrappers here who use the program!!

15. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Hi everyone. Looking forward to tackling this again (although I'm having a hard time getting started on the 1st challenge). I have completed 5 MOCs, this is my 6th -- hard to believe. I have been digital scrapbooking since 2009. I haven't been doing much outside of MOC for the last 2-ish years. Let's see if I can remember how to use PS and remember those shortcut keys.

16. mom2jackaia

mom2jackaia I wish more people were fluent in silence

I have participated in quite a few MOCs but have never been able to complete one! Work (high school math teacher) and kids (two of them, boy is 14, girl is 10) always seem to get in the way. That being said I still enjoy it SO much! Some of my favourite pages each year are the ones I create during this month.

17. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Hello ladies! I'm so excited for MOC!!! Woo hoo!! I love seeing the gallery flooded with so much creativity! :heartlub

I've been scrapping since 2008. I have three boys - 15, 13 and 2½. I work full time as a Director of Strategic Development for a F100 company, modernizing the way we do business. I'm also an avid reader and love photography.

18. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

Hi everyone - lost my mojo a bit over the last month so looking forward to MOC8 for some motivation!! This is the second year of MOC for me. I started digiscrapping in about 2005 but really got into it about 5 years ago. I live in rural Australia where we have been having VERY high temperatures even for summer here! Well I'm off to check out Day 1 challenge!

19. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

This will be my third MOC. I love how it pushes my creativity. I am very excited to see what this month brings. My goal is to continue with the challenges past January. As well as share more of my finished pages. That is always my challenge.

rlucasmn and NikkiZK like this.
  20. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

To the Pollys and Designers at TLP, thank you for hosting another year of MOC. Last year my school schedule prevented me from completing all the challenges. There is a high probability that will happen again this year. Regardless, every year I get so much out of the challenges and viewing the spectacular MOC Gallery. The talent and creativity are amazing.

rlucasmn likes this.