Welcome to MOC 8!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2020' started by lmccandless, Dec 31, 2019.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Welcome, welcome! We're so glad you are here. We're very excited to kick off our 8th Annual Month of Challenges! (Can you believe it has been EIGHT years?!) It's going to be an incredibly inspiring, creative and FUN month. We can't wait to share the journey with you! We've discovered during the MOC journey that this month is about far more than the actual pages. You'll stretch yourself, get out of your comfort zone and scrap more than you thought possible! You will also meet new people that you will call friends by the end of the month. If TLP isn't already your digi home, we hope that by the end of the month, you will find that is has become a place you feel both comfortable and creative. Are you READY?!? Let's do it!

In the spirit of MOC, please tell us a bit about yourself so that we can get to know you better. If you're new here, please tell us so we can give you an official welcome too. Yay!! Here we gooooooo!!!

And just to make it even MORE FUN...
    Everyone who completes all 31 challenges in accordance with the guidelines will receive a $20 gift certificate to the TLP store. In addition, each challenge host will choose one page from her daily challenge to receive a $3 gift certificate to the store. In order to be eligible for this $3 GC, you need to post your page to each individual challenge thread, in addition to your main layouts thread. You do not need to finish all the challenges to be eligible for an individual coupon.

As well, everyone who completes all 31 layouts will be considered for a full-time Pollywog spot on the Lilypad CT.

On behalf of the designers and the Pollys, we all look forward to sharing this special month with you!
    Now, let's get our scrap on!!

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I second and third Laura's welcome to all of you! (I'm still trying to wrap my mind around EIGHT years of MOC!!)

Vrielinkie, rlucasmn, amandac and 4 others like this.
  3. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Hooray! So excited to be here for MOC8! This is my 4th year, and I always love the pages I come away with after a month of great inspiration. Thanks for having this challenge again in 2020!

rlucasmn, katell, KarenB and 2 others like this.
  4. ziesenil

ziesenil Well-Known Member

Yeah! This is my third MOC, although I think my first was not complete...so I hope that I will be able to complete my second MOC!
    I always love digiscrapping and I have not had time to do much of it in the past year, so looking forward to coming away with some new inspiration and pages for 2020!

5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Thanks for all the work that goes into holding MOC every January! I can't believe that this is my 5th year at TLP for MOC. I already warned my husband that I'll be doing lots of scrapping this month. He wanted to know how that's any different than normal. :)

Anyway, it's cold up here in NE Wisconsin so staying inside to scrap sounds perfect to me!

bellbird, rlucasmn, Ferdy and 3 others like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hi! I'm ready to start my 5th MOC! :yippeeI've been digiscrapping since 2006 and TLP has been my digiscrap home since 2016. Thank you everyone for making this such a fabulous place!:love I live in Fredericksburg, VA with my husband and 3 kids and the various kids of my friends that spend a lot of time with us.:wub

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

YEA!!!!!!! My third MOC! Love this. TLP has some of the best, most creative and helpful challenges in this field, especially during MOC. Thank you everyone who does the nitty gritty each year. :heartlub TLP is my ONLY digi home!
    I'm in unpredictable South Carolina, USA. :faint2 I 'm a lover of color, emojis and playing with gifs!
    MOC-countdownNOW.gif
    Let's rock this!!:clap:clappy:banana:dancebun:byay

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    bellbird, BevG, rlucasmn and 2 others like this.
  8. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone! I've been digiscrapping since 2004. I've completed the last 2 MOCs and participated in a lot more of them. Thanks to everyone here who works so hard to make MOC happen! TLP isn't my digi home, but I'm here on and off throughout the year.

I have 3 tweens and teens. (Ahhh--how did they all get so big?) I'm also a preschool teacher. We live in a Virginia suburb of Washington, DC. You'll see the kids (and once in a while DH) in most of my pages.

bellbird, rlucasmn and KarenB like this.
  9. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm ready to start the first MOC of the decade! I tried MOC last year, but didn't complete all of the challenges. I'm ready and raring to hit the finish line this year! I'm a Cali girl and love all of the friendships and support here at the Lilypad!

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello y'all! Just in case you are new, here's a little bit about me!

My name is Cheryl Ashcraft and I’m a native Floridian living in Northwest Florida on the Gulf Coast. My husband Jay and I have been married for 26 years. We have two children, Olivia and Daniel.

This is me and my husband:

[​IMG]

This is my daughter and son:

[​IMG]

And all of us together:

[​IMG]

I'm the creative behind Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs, and you can find my templates right here The Lilypad!

When I'm not taking pictures, scrapbooking, or designing templates, you'll find me tending to my home. I love to decorate and keep a quiet and tranquil space for us to have as a retreat.

I also love to make pen and ink drawings, and have started experimenting with watercolors. I love to read so you'll usually find me on my phone or Kindle or with an old school book, and every once in a while I'll still break out my cross stitching.

Vrielinkie, bellbird, Soco and 8 others like this.
  11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

If anyone has any questions regarding MOC or the challenges, don't be afraid to post your question, and tag me (@mrs2a50) so I see it faster. Y'all will be sick of seeing my posts before the end of the month!

Vrielinkie and bellbird like this.
  12. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

[​IMG]

It is here!!!

I have been so looking forward to MOC. This is my 4th MOC, and probably going to be the hardest since the first one. I can't wait to see everyone's pages and get some scrapping in.
    I need tips for scrapping on the go so that I can do it in my lunch breaks at work!

13. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

I’ve completed MOC5, MOC6 and MOC7. MOC7 was a real favourite of mine. I worked on a single project, my daughters Make a Wish album, it was great to have a cohesive subject for almost all the challenges. I’m looking forward to this years MOC.

I am from Alberta Canada. I scrap using Affinity Photo on my iPad.

bellbird, rlucasmn, marijke and 2 others like this.
  14. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

My name is Lilach this is my first MOC and I’m so excited about it!
    A little about me - I’m from Israel, mom of 3 kids ( 21, 20 and 11 ) married to an amazing husband for 25 years

I have discovered the digital scrapbooking world on Sep. 2004 and become totally addicted to it. I have started to design and sell my own digital scrapbooking kits on 2005 at DSW and Digitals and On 2010 I moved to the Digichick and sold my kit there.
    On 2014 I got a great job offer with a great working hours and I found myself not having any free time to design or scrap so I have decided to close my digital scrapbook designed store.
    It’s been over 4 years since I have left the digital scrapbooking world. But...Can I stay away from digital scrapping no way!!! I’m now back and I love it!!!!

This is us....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Vrielinkie, bellbird, Soco and 9 others like this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi all. I did part of MOC 2 years ago, but completed all of last’s years. I’ve been digi scrapping for about ten years, but was doing paper scrapping too until about 5 years ago when I went all digi. I’m currently out of town so will be a few days behind. I’m checking in on my phone but probably won’t be around much for a few days. Good luck to all and have fun!!

16. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou for the lovely welcome.
    This will be my Third MOC to take part in fully. #5 I only took part in a few challenges as I came in too late.
    I am not sure how I will go this time as this will be a fairly busy month for me.
    I started digi scrapping way back in 2008.

17. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Hi, everyone! I've been digiscrapping since 2009 and I've completed the last 2 MOCs.
    I live in Europe, in the north of Belgium (dutchspeaking) with my husband. I have a son and together with his girlfriend he has two children ... Ada-Noor and Onno.

I love scrapbooking and my other passion is making photos.

Vrielinkie, bellbird, Soco and 5 others like this.
  18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hi there, I am delighted to be taking part in my 6th MOC.
    Am married for 32 years and have three grown up children. 3 cats and live in South Africa.
    I have been digiscrapping for 13 years or so and was a paper scrapper before that.
    I love photography and travelling.

[​IMG]
    This is us.

bellbird, rlucasmn, rach3975 and 4 others like this.
  19. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I have been digiscrapping for about ten years and I finished the last MOC.
    I am French and live in France with my husband on the Côte d'Azur!
    We do not have children but many nieces and nephews!
    I love taking photos, taking care of my garden and doing scrapbooking!

Vrielinkie, bellbird, Soco and 6 others like this.
  20. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Hi all, I am Vivi aka Nemla, and I am a Mocaholic.... Have taken part in and completed 6 MOC 's hope to do the same this year, but will have to start late, since my computer has to go in for repairs, but I will try my best ,would loooove to say I have done them all.

bellbird, rlucasmn, Ferdy and 4 others like this.