New Years Day....plans?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Dec 31, 2019.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Other than starting my day off with checking out Day 1 of MOC, in the morning I will be taking down the tree/decorations and after lunch will head out for a long hike with Taz. I like to start my year off with getting outdoors.

LilachOren and KarenB like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

MOC, obviously.
    Otherwise, another blessed day with the children home from school, and a meal with friends in the early evening.

KarenB likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Driving granddaughter home and hopefully having some energy after that to get into underrating the tree!

KarenB likes this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

After morning routine, MOC of course! And hangin out with hubster. Town (such as it is) shuts down so not going anywhere.

KarenB likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nothing too terribly exciting. Probably continue scrapping. I will look at the MOC challenge and if I feel like it (I don't sign up for it because I know I won't complete it), I might try to incorporate the challenge into a layout I would be working on anyways.

College football will be on TV in the background.

KarenB likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Just occured to me that I could start MOC before I get up new years day cos I will be up, LOL!!

KarenB likes this.
  7. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Probably a long dog walk and then scrapping :)

8. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

Excited for day one of MOC! I haven't made any traditional layouts since last year's MOC. I will work on January One Little Word prompt and probably watch a couple movies. I like the idea of getting outside, even it it is single digit temperatures in Minnesota.

9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Driving home from Ky to NC - 10 hours give or take. Hoping I can scrap Day 1 of MOC when hubby is driving.

10. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

going to enjoy not working (financial industry and year end is crazy!). Game day with some friends :) Maybe I'll still be up when MOC posts and can get that started at midnight!

11. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Well, my New Year's Day starts long before MOC does, so I am planning to get as much cleaning as I can done so that it is easier on me to start with... though I haven't decided yet if the Christmas tree is staying up or if it is coming down... Depends how much more I sneeze, it gathers so much dust.
    I still have 5ish hours before Jan 1st US time, so I had better make good use of it!
    I also have to go grocery shopping so that I don't have to worry about that :giggle:giggle

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm hoping to get the tree down tomorrow, but I'm starting to feel sick so, instead, perhaps all I'll accomplish around the house will be laying on the couch and whining for DH to make me hot cocoa lol. But I am excited because if I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm going to check to see if that first MOC challenge was posted early; I won't start scrapping at 3am, but at least I can fall back asleep while thinking about the challenge. If I'm really sick, I guess I'll have to figure out how to scrap while laying down ... maybe my mouse on the coffee table and laptop on my lap? Very little could keep me away from here. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  13. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

I will spend new year day on the way to Berlin for a vocation with my husband... I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep tonight from excitement

14. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Family lunch at my parent's cabin, spend the day with my kids (hubs has to work), some creative time (MOC!), then hopefully some outside time tomorrow with the kids and dogs in the afternoon once my hubs is home! (The tree will wait to come down for another day or two)

15. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Day 1 of MOC, Mass for Solemnity of Mary, taking my daughter and her boyfriend to the movies to see "Jumanji", and going on a date movie with my hubby to see "The Aeronauts".

16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I ALWAYS watch the Tournament of Roses Parade. It’s weird being on the east coast with them starting around 11:00. Growing up we’d always roll out of bed at 6:00 am to begin watching with the pre-parade telecast while eating the hot breakfast casserole that mom had prepared the night before. I’ll do the same tomorrow, except that I’ll need to live stream it on KTLA.com on my iPad since the networks do such a horrible job covering it.

We’re literally in a cab on the way home from the airport after two weeks in CAlifornia, so I’ll be ready to scrap some tomorrow, too. That is, if I can find my computer. We’re in the midst of a remodel and I have no idea what the state of the house will be when we walk through the doors in a few minutes! Lol!

17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I am going to be sticking to tinsel ......... I know, eww right!
    But its super hot and steamy here in Brisbane and I REALLY have to take the tree down today or I will procrastinate! Chances are if I don't do it today it won't get taken down until July :giggle

[​IMG]

18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

MOC.... and getting ready for my MOC DAY challenge!

19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

MOC, of course!

But also, mimosas and the Rose Parade. I plan to work on finishing some more DYD layouts and finish reading my first book of 2020. DH and I plan to watch the movie RBG and maybe one or two other movies.

20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've already started gathering all my Christmas decorations and putting them in one central location so I can box them up when hubby gets the boxes out. He's been sick AND because of end-of-year stuff, has been working late. I didn't want to push him to do it tonight when he got home, even though I wanted to start the new year fresh without the decorations up. Eh, well, it's not the end of the world. Last year it was up WAY past the first of the year. LOL Anyway, so I'll finish boxing those up IF the boxes are available.

I like to start the new year doing all the things that I love to do, so I'm going to whatever strikes my fancy! Reading, cross stitching, scrapbooking, etc.!

And the first night of the new year, I'll be scrapping live and doing Day One's challenge!