Traveler Notebook 5X8

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by frani_54, Dec 15, 2019.

1. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Frani, Blurb is excellent .. they are the company I use for my books and there is always great coupons too.. I now Marilyn @mcurtt uses Blurb too for the magazine style book.

mcurtt likes this.
  3. frani_54

cfile likes this.
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@frani_54 Like @cfile mentioned, I love their magazine style format since I scrap in 8.5 x 11 and that is the size of their magazines. It is an inexpensive but excellent quality softcover approach. I've also used Blurb for hardcover books. The books and their customer service are totally awesome. One of my books was over 100 pages long of our trip to Poland in 2016. When it was delivered, the mail system dented the box which resulted in a few dents in the spine. I contacted Blurb, thinking that maybe they would give me a few $ off of the purchase price. Nope, within 10 minutes they had responded and they were shipping me out a new 13x11 book.

I've not done their trade books, but I believe @bestcee has???

Seriously, I used to use Shutterfly all of the time. When I tried Blurb, I was so impressed with them I've not used another service other than Blurb since then.

bestcee, frani_54 and cfile like this.
  5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks for the question on Blurb @frani_54 I thought I'd used Blurb for some soft cover 8x8 books but as I just looked I see they were from Mixbook or Shutterfly. I've only dabbled in TN layouts so far but it's good to know that there is a company making books for those sizes. I was kind of put off by thinking of yet another sized ring binder.

frani_54 likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

eta: I just went back to look at the prices and saw this. Does that mean it's ONLY B&W??? gosh at that price it seems so.

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 4.04.23 PM.png

7. frani_54

[QUOTE="Seriously, I used to use Shutterfly all of the time. When I tried Blurb, I was so impressed with them I've not used another service other than Blurb since then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input @mcurtt, I've used Shutterfly for my books and calendars. I'll have to check out Blurb for my next project.

mcurtt likes this.
  8. mcurtt

Maureen, I went back to look. Black & White Economy is just one of their trade book options. There are four options. I clicked on PRINT OPTIONS and found this. Note the STANDARD color option versus ECONOMY color. For ECONOMY color they note: "Great price, but lower fidelity for colors and photos."

If you were printing color photos, I'd definitely go with Standard Color. Pricing is $6.99 for the first 24 pages & 0.14 for each additional for the softcover option. Image wrap hardcover is $19.99 for the first 24 pages & 0.14 for each additional. Dust jacket hardcover is $21.99 for the first 24 pages and 0.14 for each additional. But always wait for a sale. They have them frequently and you can get newsletters from them if you sign up for their site. Trade books and magazines are often at 25% off to 30% off.

upload_2019-12-15_22-9-14.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    cfile likes this.
  9. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

I need to check them out again. I used to get their newsletter but it was not in English so really didn't do me any good! :cornfused Maybe I should have taken that as a hint that I needed to learn a foreign language! I keep reading about coupons but have never seen one from them. Do they come in the newsletter?

mcurtt likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I have. I printed off a black and white book, and then some class instructions.
    The black and white is fabulous! No complaints at all. And it's great if you want to be able to write on the pages.
    The other book I did, here's some photos, but they were taken with my cell and are not great. The book looks better in person - it's sharper! I used the Economy Trade Book, matte. You can tell the color is paler, and for this, it works great! It is not bright, or vibrant. It's similar to printing with low ink at home, but there's no lines or anything through it.

Here's some supplies and a page in the same Economy Trade Book. For reference, the supplies are digi supplies, the scrap page is from a pdf from the class.
    [​IMG]

Here's the Economy Trade Book, black and white paper, matte. The markers are a knock-off Staedtler. You can see the almost bleed from the page underneath.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  11. mcurtt

I get emails from them, several a month, more now because of the holidays. They are definitely in English. The company is based out of San Francisco. And yes, their sales are listed.

12. patsyt

I received a newsletter this morning and, once again, it's in Dutch. I am logged into Blurb on the US website so I tried canceling the subscription to the newsletter and signing up again. Fingers crossed! Or else, I need to learn Dutch! Maybe my many generations distant ancester, Penelope Stout who was from Amsterdam, is sending me signals!

mcurtt likes this.
  13. frani_54

LOL that is too funny!

14. cfile

Mine is always in English and yes the coupon is in the newsletter but also usually at the top of the website. Check you settings on their site for the newsletter so Blurb sends it in English.. they are an English US based company. :)

15. cfile

Check the bar and make sure your flag shows the US flag (next to the search icon) instead of the Netherlands.. currently Blurb is running a 35% off sale
    upload_2019-12-19_8-40-10.png

mcurtt likes this.
  16. patsyt

Christa, my bar at the top is identical to yours! I'm not sure what's happening. I'll try to contact them!

17. cookingmylife

Thanks for the info on the pricing. I'll def try this in 2020!

mcurtt likes this.
  18. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

cfile likes this.