Monthly Muse December 2019 - Weeks 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Loved these challenges! Here's my week 1 - I absolutely love the beauty and elegance of the Calla Lily.

[​IMG]

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Here's my Week 2 layout. What perfect timing. I just took this picture on one of my walks last week - it was growing on a tree. I have always had a great love of Orchids. I pampered a live one for a few years, but now I just have artificial Orchids. Thanks for the chance to use my picture.

[​IMG]

3. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Thank you ladies!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub I am just shaking my head here at myself! :lol sheeesh!! thanks so much for alerting me to it Sandy! xxx

mcurtt likes this.
  4. wombat146

And now, off to the gallery I go to leave some love on all these fantastic flowery beauties!!! :)

mcurtt likes this.
  5. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    blueberries likes this.
  6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Ona, beautiful siggie! So glad it is now showing up!

wombat146 likes this.
  7. wombat146

Thank you! xxx

8. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

In a perfect Great Minds Think Alike moment, I was in the middle of trying to come up with a bloom page for DYD when this challenge posted. Talk about grateful; I was getting nowhere trying to frame it to fit the other design.

Absolutely not what I started out with (which, in another moment of GMTA, happened to involve a gardenia on a black background, and after seeing Cheryl's Calla Lily piece I'm so glad I didn't finish it, there's no way it would have looked half as good as hers).

But after all is said and done, I really like this one. I've been wanting to work that background into a blackout poem for a while now, and tonight I finally figured out the right words to keep. And the quote from Rumi, it's so spot on I can't stand it.

So anyway, I should stop babbling. It never fails, the further it is past midnight the more I ramble.

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Week#1-Flowers-Poppies

Who Doesn't Love A Challenge About Flowers?...I Adore Flowers...All Kinds Of Flowers...But Hands Down...Poppies Are My Most Favorite!!!...I Love Them Because They Represent So Many Things That I Feel Somewhat Either In Reality Or Metaphorically Speaking...Represent Myself Or The Person I That I Strive To Be...Like They Are Stoic In Nature...Tough & Resilient...Have Bright Colors(Which Always Make Me Happy...)...Grow Long & Strong In Harsh Environments...Each One Different Ever So Slightly...But They Stand Tall,Strong & Proud & Seem To Know This & Are Happy About It...They Are Also Representative Of The Flower Of Peace,Loyalty,Strength,Service,Commitment,Family & Love...I Love Their Wonderful & Whimsical Unique Shape...Not Too Tall...Or Too Wide...But Just The Right Balance Of Both Somehow...They Are Also Steeped In History & Ancestry...And The Past...And Represent All The Things That We Hold Dear In Life...They Also Instill Compassion,Creativity,Depth Of Thought,Heart,Passion & Perseverance...How Wonderful Is It That A Flower Can Instill So Much Beauty,Passion,Depth,Creativity & Emotion...It's Amazing What You Can See If You Just Open Your Heart & Your Mind...

*For My Embrace Your Own Creative Heart Layout-I Used:

*Wintertime-Bundle-Lynn Grieveson
    *Frosty Forest-Mini-Antebellum Press(1)
    *Free Spirit-Mediterranka(3)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    blueberries likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Roses for my first week.
    [​IMG]

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

For week 2
    [​IMG]

13. wombat146

Loving all the additions!!!!!! :heartlub:happydance2

14. wombat146

I finally did my 'second page', it's in the first post :)

15. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's my first flower post
    [​IMG]

16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

*Week#2-Flowers-Daisies

Finally Getting Back Here To Post My Week#2 Flower Page...Week#1 Was All About My Favorite/Fierce & Precious Poppies...Week#2 Is All About The Daisy...Daisies Remind Me Of Happiness,Light & Positivity...About Life's Happiness & Life's Dreams Yet To Come True...They Also Bring Back Memories Of My Childhood...They Were Just Everywhere...I Remember Thinking...How Crazy These Flowers Are Just Popping Up Everywhere Even When You Don't Want Them To...Kind Of Like Life's Ups & Downs...You Always Remember The Struggles That Seem To Keep Popping Up & You Have To Just Keep Moving On Somehow...To Try & Find The Redemption Waiting On The Other Side...So In The End A Light At The End Of The Flower-Tunnel...A Light Of Yellow & A Light Of Potential Happiness...Despite All Of Life's Continuous Daily Struggles...

*For My Makers Gonna Make It Layout-I Used:

*Pastures Green-M3-Add-On-Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies
    *Fear Not-M3-Add-On-Collage Bits & Bobs-Collage Gesso Papers & Pocket Art-Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-July 2019-Be(e) Adaptive Thrive-Little Butterfly Wings(1)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My 2nd flower post
    [​IMG]

18. wombat146

:fairydance:heartlub oh, some more pretties have been added!!! :happydance2

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

my week 2.
    Lavender is one of my favourite flowers, and my favourite scent.
    [​IMG]