DYD catch up! JOIN me?? doing 2018 in 5 days!

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I like to go thru my layouts and see what needs to be ordered/scrapped and what is left!
    Today, I found DYD 2017 that I put together last year in my Shutterfly projects, I had NEVER ordered it! YIKES!
    fisnish-copy.jpg
    I did the whole book in 3 days. I didn't do every day, as I didn't have photos for everyday. I ORDERED it today! with a coupon! yes!
    and thought I would grab
    Document Your Memories | Templates by Sabrina's Creation
    [​IMG]
    and drop some photos in these and see if I can catch up and have 2018 done, and at the same time be doing DYD 19 every day! aaaaaaaaaargh!

Do you want to jump in! This is a great way to get stretched out for MOC!

Karen likes this.
  2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

You go, girl! I've got all I can handle with trying to do this year's DYD to completion.

3. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

I'm not even going to attempt it - not enough bandwidth to even think about trying to catch up at this point - but I'll gladly cheer ya'll on :cheer

bestcee likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I realized mid November that I had 1 layout left for DYD 2017 and had not done any for 2018. So I started scrapping. I did a cover page for both years and by 12/3 I had all the layouts done. I used FiddleDeeDee December Details templates and a retired Bella Gypsy kit for 2018 to make it go faster.

I print 12x12 layouts from Persnickety and today I uploaded all those layouts then used my credits to get a bunch of layouts printed that had just been waiting. I now have 230 layouts on their way to me! I still have an album with 101 layouts in it that needs to be printed but since it is my folder for layouts done in 2019, I'll wait til January for it. Already have the credits.

Looking forward to getting them in their albums!

klee73010, bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's awesome, Anne! I actually did DYD all the way through the 31st last year (2018) and am current so far this year. I didn't do anything for 2017 - not sure why, but I have a few pages from Christmas in July that year. If I run out of anything to do, I'll take a look back at 2017 and see what I have.

6. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

I don't do DYD very often but I did do it for 2007 and have never printed it, so you're much more up to date than me.
    My layouts look awful to me now but it's a snapshot of where things were at the time so I probably should order a book.

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Sorry, Anne... I don't have a backlog. I did DYD last year for the first time and ended up with 52 pages that I printed out in a Blurb magazine. I absolutely LOVE it. I'm plugging thru DYD for 2019, I've got front & back covers done as well as days 1-11 completed. Some of my days are multiple pages. So far, including the covers I'm at 21 pages so far for this year.

Karen and bestcee like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

lol, I did it today, all 25 TiFFs ready
    opened 5 days at a time, and filled in all the photos.
    Goal 5 pages decorated next 3 days, then 10 on Monday and Tuesday! and finished!
    Then a cover! woot!

klee73010, mcurtt and Karen like this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

I am going, and like a crazed scrapping woman! lol
    I think I felt the cheers today, I was driven!
    yes, I am in agreement, a template group and set kits make it way faster
    you are amazing! I am about 2 years back, but zooming!
    oh please order the book, it is like the best feeling to hold in your hands, and gives great inspiration to create more!
    I am so happy you print and that you get so much joy out of it too!

Cherylndesigns, mcurtt and bonnenuit like this.
  10. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I have DYD 2015 and 2018 about 2/3 finished. I really need to get one of them finished and printed!!

bestcee likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have fun! I have too much to do with finals and Christmas Prep right now. I'm okay with that though because scrapping is my relax time and I don't want to time limit myself.

klee73010 likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You rock Anne! I love that you finished both years and will have them in hand to look at forever! Way to go!!!

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

You are amazing (and uber-organized). I am in awe. :notworthy

Karen likes this.
  14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I can only humbly cheer from the sidelines.
    You've got this!
    You can do this!
    Way to go!

[​IMG]

15. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

That's awesome! I never had finished 2015 and this year, in November, I redid it in a few days. I spread it out so that it could be 20 pages exactly.

16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

PERSNICKITY PRINTS ROCKS!!!

Yes, I am excited. The 230 prints I ordered on Thursday arrived today. Yes, 2 days from Utah to Ohio. So my project today is getting them into albums.

bestcee and bonnenuit like this.
  17. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Woo hoo Anne!!

When i was prepping for this year's DYD, i opened 5 or so TIFFs at a time to rename the files, prep them for my scripts to work, ect. I figured out which moments would be on which number page (since i don't go by date) , and now I've been dropping photos into spots as i have them. I still need to deocrate and journal the pages, but having them in progress already has been absolutely amazing.

bestcee likes this.