Make It Snappy (MIS) | December 7th @ 7 pm ET | Scrapping with Liz

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by tpbuffy, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I missed the deadline but here is my layout anyway. Even though I had twist used flowers and 3 items were photo, washi and sticker.
    [​IMG]

pearkat likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yay congrats! it totally paid off for you to play along!

pearkat likes this.
  3. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Congrats to @pearkat!

Super fun challenge this month. Made me really think about this and work at it. As a challenge should be ;-)

Also took me longer to finish for a couple of reasons. First, imagine that my family wanted to eat dinner ;-) Then, I was trying to get the flower requirement done when I finally re-read the twist rules and realized I could switch that out for any element. I substituted snowflakes for the flower and have a trio of snowflake elements; a vellum snowflake sticker; snowflakes in the washi, and snowflakes in the photo mat paper background.

The center two photo spots contain my split photo.

Here's my page:

[​IMG]

tpbuffy likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

1. Have one photo split over two photo spots (see sample layout, right and middle photos). - i attached my original photo b/c i wasn't sure it was obvious
    !IMG2019-200pxwide.jpg
    2. Use two handwriting fonts - one in your title and one in your journaling. - twenty nineteen title is pea ashley renee & journal tag is typed in pea casey
    3. Use exactly one string or ribbon but only one and not the other. - string on tag
    4. Use flowers in at least three different ways (element, tape, paper, sticker, photo, title/journaling). - i used the twist to change flowers to 'stars' - there's a star cutout circle thing from the template, various 'styled' stars (using Mommyish's cork and epoxy styles), star scatter in lite blue glitter & star washi tape, both from Project Mouse: Vibes; and a star in the star student wordart by Mommyish
    5. Place a flower (element or sticker) above a button but not touching. - the yellow flower is above and not touching the red polka dot button

[​IMG]

Lisa B and tpbuffy like this.
  6. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you for the challenge

For the twist I changed the button with a brush

[​IMG]

tpbuffy likes this.
  7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Congrats @pearkat ! Here's mine. I twisted, so I replaced the flower for a snowflake in instruction #4: individual snowflake element, snowflake tag, snowflake brad, snowflake scatter (at the right of the layout over the green papers).

[​IMG]

pearkat and tpbuffy like this.
  8. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

flowers in three ways: element, washi tape, on a card. My picture spanned across two spots is the one of all the girls

[​IMG]

tpbuffy and rlucasmn like this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I miss MIS. :( I'm always working in the box office all day Saturdays, getting home at 8:30pm ET so I can't make the chat. Will the big change be announced in another thread soon, or will I find out January 4?

My digital calendar has a repeating event for MIS on the first Saturday of every month, which I created a few years ago. :wub

10. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Michele, check out this post in this thread for details on the coming change for 2020:

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...-scrapping-with-liz.67697/page-3#post-1194886

michelepixels and bellbird like this.
  11. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

I can never make the first "drawing" part of the challenge, but here is my layout for the 24 hour portion.
    [​IMG]
    I started with Scrapping with Liz - Long Blocks Template (changing many of the blocks) and also used Magical Scraps Galore - 999 Happy Haunts
    1. Have one photo split over two photo spots - I actually split mine over 3 spots since I wanted to emphasize the long line.
    2. Use two handwriting fonts - one in your title and one in your journaling. The Title is a combination of the kit alpha and the font "Gracey's Curse", which I crossed out with the handwriting font "Cezanne". I used "DJB Journal Your Life" handwriting font for my journaling which I think mostly looks like my own handwriting.
    3. Use exactly one string or ribbon but only one and not the other. I used 1 sparkly purple ribbon
    4. Use flowers in at least three different ways. I used a flower element, flower stamp and a flower button
    5. Place a flower (element or sticker) above a button but not touching. done

tpbuffy likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm not going to manage my page today. Just wanted to say a big thank you Tracy and Liz for running this challenge every month, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for next year. Blessing to you both.

bellbird likes this.
  13. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Just squeezing this one in under the wire.
    I substituted trees for flowers under the twist. The fonts used are Chocolate Heart and Pea Robyn
    [​IMG]

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Here's my page. I used the flowers 3 ways - a real flower, a "flower" button and a branch flower. For the twist, I used a snowflake by my title. I used a bow for my ribbon.

[​IMG]

15. Jazzmom

Jazzmom Mobile, agile, hostile!

It took me a while to figure out a way to use 1 item in 3 different ways ... so I stuck with flowers & used a photo. Flower element, floral paper (2 different ones), and roses in the photo. Fonts: Hysteria (title), Playlist Script (journaling) & Austellia (date)
    [​IMG]

16. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Started making a layout. Got distracted by Baby Yoda.
    I subbed, "tree" for "Flower." It's on washi, on paper, as wood bits and a paper cut out.
    [​IMG]

17. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

Here is my page - thanks for the challenge!

[​IMG]

The font used for the title is Old Newspaper Type (with wooden style applied)
    Journaling font is Bradley Hand

I used flowers on paper, as elements and doodled on a piece of tape.

18. angeldevildog

angeldevildog Active Member

posted at SWL Group on FB. All credits listed there. KG_MISSWL1219_LO.jpg

19. Mum23ms

Mum23ms Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Flowers 3 ways: Paper, sticker, scatter
    This was a hard weekend to fit some scrapping time in! Thank you for the challenge to save another memory!!

20. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

[​IMG]

Twist: Stars - bead, paper, element; tag with string
    Super busy this weekend, I'm late but wanted to post anyhow!