Finally!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 7, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for your mom Jennifer!

littlekiwi likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well surgery day today, heard that as of an hour or so ago she was still waiting but was 2nd on the schedule after a lung transplant surgery. Have been told that I will hear from one of the doctors after surgery so as of right now I’m believing in the no news is good news theory as there’s no point in stressing about all of the unknowns.

Karen, BevG and Tree City like this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Praying for her now!

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@littlekiwi Keep us updated and now that we are thinking of her and sending healing thoughts.

5. littlekiwi

Thanks everyone, heard that surgery was a success and it only needed to be a heart valve repair rather than a replacement which is good. I won’t be seeing her until early next week once she’s feeling better as she will be in intensive care first.

bestcee, cfile, jenn mccabe and 3 others like this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I was so glad to see this posted on Facebook earlier! Continuing to pray for complete healing for her!

7. littlekiwi

Spoke to her nurse today and she’s doing well which is good as she had some complications post surgery (not major but still worrying none the less).

Tree City and cfile like this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

sorry Jennifer @littlekiwi as I am just seeing this, since I was away since 11/3... so glad to hear the surgery went well (with minor complications) and that your Mum is on the mend .. prayers for her speedy recovery!!

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Glad to read the update too & I hope she's good as new in no time :)

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So happy to read the update, Jennifer! Hope the rest of her recovery is speedy and without complications. Continued prayers for her!

11. littlekiwi

Heard this morning that she’s leaving hospital this afternoon to go and rest and recuperate with her mum where there isn’t any stairs to climb for the next 2-3 weeks

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

So glad she is going home now - I know you miss her! Still continuing to pray for quick healing!

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Jennifer, I am so sorry that I hadn't seen this earlier. I am happy that your mother is doing well. This has to be a nerve-racking time for you. But the worst is over. Keeping you and your mother in my thoughts. May she have a speedy recovery.

14. littlekiwi

She’s not actually “home” yet, that won’t happen for 2-4 weeks as we have a long driveway and 12-14 exterior stairs that she just can’t manage yet. We decided quite awhile ago that because I am constantly job hunting and couldn’t even say whether I’d be around when this would happen that it was better that she go where she had help and support that was guaranteed to recover.

gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's fabulous! She may not be home with you, but out of the hospital is good news! I'm glad surgery went okay.

gonewiththewind and littlekiwi like this.
  16. littlekiwi

Today marks 2 weeks post surgery. My mum is doing much better and is gaining more and more strength each day. I knew she was feeling better when she talked my ear off for 90 mins the other night! She’s working through a few issues when it comes to being outside the house and that’s mainly because she’s been discharged from the hospital they won’t help her with a walking frame (she’s in discussions with our local hospital which coincidentally is a) not the hospital she had the surgery at or b) the hospital she is closest to right now to get an assessment and hopefully a walking frame - she just needs it for a few weeks while she regains her independence and strength). Until she is able to be getting around without equipment she won’t be home, so it may be 2-3 weeks away before I see her as it’s a 2-3 hour one way trip by bus and train.

Karen likes this.
  17. littlekiwi

After 5 1/2 weeks my mum has come home - its only for one night then we are travelling to family tomorrow but its so good to see her again & shes been given medical clearance to go back to work on light duties (for 6 weeks) on January 8th.

KimJ, cfile and Tree City like this.
  18. LynnG

LynnG Designer

That's good news and just in time for Christmas! Have a lovely time together!

19. littlekiwi

its more that she had a doctors appointment out near home and it was always the plan that I'd spend christmas with everyone but we realised by the time she'd have her doctors appointment then get stuff done at home that we might as well just travel back tomorrow rather than rush today

cfile likes this.
  20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

So glad Jennifer! Great news!